Start by marking “Feline Fatale (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #9)” as Want to Read:
Feline Fatale (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #9)

Feline Fatale (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #9)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  13 reviews
While visiting her friend Wanda, Kendra Ballantyne sets off a squabble over the building's animal policy. One week later, an anti-pet board member is found dead in Wanda's apartment. Now, Kendra must start sniffing around for the real killer.
Published July 1st 2010 by Berkley Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Feline Fatale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feline Fatale

Had to give up on this one after 100 laborious pages. The characters didn't seem to be going anywhere and I found I really didn't care who murdered mean Margaret. This book might have been better if the author hadn't tried to combine a mystery with a one sided romance. The writing style wasn't my cup of tea, either. The first person narrative was fine, but I didn't need the main character telling me each time she started or ended a day in the book that she had to go about her pet sitting duties
Ok, I was hesitant to read this book. The two previous were mediocre and I "hoped" this one would be better. Up to par with the original books in the serious that made me like Kendra Ballityne, Pet-sitter. I was really really disappointed. I felt like the author was having to repeat things over and over to fill she had run out of ideas. The side "show" of her law cases, her pet-sitting, her meddling with her friends doggie daycare, and her love life were annoying at best. I got tire ...more
I have never met a cozy I didn't like. They are my supreme guilty pleasure. The brighter and more cheery, the cheesier, the better. But I have met my match. I put it back in my "return to library book bag" halfway through. I get it -- she's a petsitter. I don't need the blow-by-blow for MTWTHF, lady. And the intrapersonal drama didn't even make sense. Sorry.
This is book nine in a series, which is surprising because it wasn't a great book. The writing is rather dull and the plot unrealistic. I won't be reading the rest of the series.
Just a bad book. I suffered through it and wow I understand you like pets cats and dogs. I like them too but thats all you talk about. Story not that interesting.
Disappointing. I haven't finished the book yet. Normally I read this type of book really quickly in just a couple of evenings at most but I'm going on a week with this one. I am about 75% done so don't want to give up. I like animals and I like the premise of the book but the writing is very stilted and one dimensional. As other reviewers have said we don't need to know every detail of Kendra's day. Also it is annoying to read her thoughts like "I remained in the business casual I'd worn to the ...more
Pet sitter Kendra Ballantyne and self-proclaimed "murder magnet" helps prove her friend innocent by tracking down the clues left by a fiesty kitten. Fluff with some romance. Suggestive language rather than descriptive though.

used the term "murder magnet" I think 129 times in this book. It was cute the first couple of times not so much by the end.
Kristy Stewart
This would be a great story but the author over explains things too much. Like she doesn't think we can make assumptions. One example is every time someone mentions purchasing a pet care item she has to mention that it was purchased at Hot Pets. We don't need to know that information.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I enjoyed this book but it got slightly tedious to me. It lacked the usual surprising turns. I thought Kiki was going to be a surprise but not really. The romance moved onward, although, choppily to my opinion.

It just wasn't up to the prior ones I'd read.
This book was ok but found some of the descriptions annoying. But will check out the next book comes out :)
Another good entry in the pet-sitter mysteries. I love all the animals in these stories.
this series is getting kind of tired-nothing really new,
Brooke marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Cynthia M
Cynthia M marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Katrina Mae
Katrina Mae marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Pamela Holloway
Pamela Holloway marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Doward Wilson
Doward Wilson marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Robin Leslie Coxon
Robin Leslie Coxon marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Dogsmom Laura
Dogsmom Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Christine Pimentel
Christine Pimentel marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Jan marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Pam Luteran-Isbell
Pam Luteran-Isbell marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Amy ~Lover of Books~
Amy ~Lover of Books~ marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
  • Drive Time (Charlotte McNally, #4)
  • Raining Cat Sitters and Dogs (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery, #5)
  • Silent Auction (A Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #5)
  • A Stitch in Crime (Crochet Mystery, #4)
  • Gaits of Heaven (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #17)
  • Casket Case (A Callie Parrish Mystery #3)
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • Bride and Doom (Carnegie Kincaid, #6)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery, #4)
  • Dial H for Hitchcock (A Cece Caruso Mystery, #5)
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)
  • How to Moon a Cat (The Cats and Curios Mystery Series, #3)
  • Goodbye, Dolly (Gretchen Birch, #2)
  • Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold, #6)
  • Short Squeeze: A Mystery
  • The Flaming Luau of Death (Madeline Bean, #7)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Begging for Trouble (Dog Walker Mysteries, #4)
Linda O. Johnston's first published fiction appeared in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine and won the Robert L. Fish Memorial Award for Best First Mystery Short Story of the Year. Since then, Linda has had more short stories and novellas published, plus, by the end of 2015, she will have had forty-one novels published, including mysteries and romance.

Linda currently writes two cozy mystery series f
More about Linda O. Johnston...

Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery (9 books)
  • Sit, Stay, Slay (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #1)
  • Nothing to Fear But Ferrets (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #2)
  • Fine-Feathered Death (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #3)
  • Meow is for Murder (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #4)
  • The Fright of the Iguana (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #5)
  • Double Dog Dare (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #6)
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • Howl Deadly (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #8)