Stolen Hearts

Stolen Hearts (Diamond)

2.94 of 5 stars 2.94  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Stolen Hearts is a stand-alone sequel to Virgin Jewels.

Celeste Anderson doesn't believe in love at first sight. She intends to marry someone with the same interests and financial aspirations and have a neat, orderly life. But there's something to be said for the thrill of the unknown - and when Alex enters her family jewelry store, her body decides it's more than ready for

Kindle Edition, Diamond, 84 pages
Published April 1st 2008 by Ellora's Cave Moderne

To ask other readers questions about Stolen Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen Hearts

Heather in FL
I liked this one. I really wish people who rate poorly would give some indication of why. But I thought this was a cute setup. Recently released from prison jewel thief is sent by his father to steal a bracelet. Said jewel thief doesn't want to be a thief anymore, but is trying to get in his dad's good graces. Wanting to impress his dad falls by the wayside when he meets the jewelry store owner. And they hit it off big time. Unfortunately, he has to come clean about why he's there, and she under...more
Caro
A pretty good freebie. Good plot, emotions, characters, written well, and a little tugging. I wasn't immersed in this book but I did enjoy the reading of and had fun. Something for pretty much an anytime read. A little steamy, some suspense, good emotions, strong personalities, and a good ending. Definitely a good deal. Enjoy
Lindsay
I have mixed feelings about this book. I downloaded it free from Amazon, and it was decent, but I never really connected with the characters. The story had so much potential and the characters were likable, but because the story was a shorter story everything felt rushed.
Laura Beth
I do not like the thief turned good guy story line so I probably shouldn't have read the book, but it was a freebie from Amazon Kindle books. If that is your favorite kind of story then this may be a good short story for you. I skimmed through the book because I just couldn't get into it and you just knew where it was going. The plot was too predictable and love found in 24 hours? NO.
Amy Warren
I actually enjoyed this book, despite the horrendous cover. I feel like he didn't depict the male protagonist AT ALL. However, the story was actually decent.
I liked the characters. It had a plot and the sex was not too shabby.

I liked this little book! Thank goodness it was free on Amazon.com!
Cindy
Gotta get this off my chest: What's up with the guy on the cover? Can anyone say creepy?

Okay, on for the review: Celeste is trying to run a successful jewelry store while vying for the attention of a young police officer in her small tourist town. Instead, while scoping out the shop for an eventual burglary, Alex meets Celeste and the sparks fly.

Parts of Stolen Hearts were kinda hot. However, I can rarely get behind the whole "we just met but I'm madly in love with you" theme of so many romance...more
Lola4
This could have been a cute little romance, but the gratuitous grungy sex kind of messed up that aspect. Sweet might have worked; passionate might have worked; but for me grungy just didn't work. It might have fit the ex-con hero, but was so out of character with the heroine that the raunch just seemed weird and thoughtlessly thrown together. Except for the grunge, it had a cute little story and likable hang-dog protagonists so that I wanted to hope for their HEA.
Tammie
2-Starserotic romance novella

A Kindle freebie I actually read twice.
Not because it was the best thing ever written, but because I forgot I read it. I thought it was one of those freebies I download, it gets shuffled somewhere within my Kindle, only to be overlooked a million times before I actually read it. Joke's on me.

The summary alone is worth 2-Stars for getting me to read it twice!
Smutlover
Eh this was ok. Nothing to write home about. Jewelry store owner buys a bracelet at an estate sale and has it in her store. Father sends his son fresh out of jail to steal it for him. Son and owner fall in love. Have some brief sex and decide after a few days together they are meant to be. Implausible. Unrealistic. Glad it was a short story.
Christiane
I got this book on my Kindle when I went on a random free book downloading spree one day. A fun, quick read that was worth everything I didn't pay for it. It brought the exact level of entertainment I thought it would.I'm thankful the cover of the book didn't show up on my Kindle though. That man would have ruined everything.
LC
I would have never thought an ex-con could work as a hero but Alex is hot! He's so into Celeste and determined not to fall back into a life of crime. Celeste is so prim and proper that she intrigues him and their chemistry is great. A short hot read perfect for a lazy Saturday in bed.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
This story was not very believable, a little too cutesy. The characters are not very well drawn, the sex scenes are fairly short for an erotic romance. I guess it was OK, I liked the characters but not the plot.

Not worth buying, glad it was a freebie.
Sasha
One of the worst books I've read in a long time - and I've read some doozies. This was just plain boring. And there is no greater literary sin than being boring.
Kay Naughty Book Snitch

Liked her historical writing so I tried her contemporary stuff. Not bad. I'd read her again.
Beckey
Quick fun free read that was interesting even if the cover of the book seemed off for what the book was...
Leah
Fast, fun and quick. It was ok romance. Not much to say about it but I don't dislike the book.
Diane
way too short stry about a reformed jewel thief and a jewelry store owner
Lboston1996
It was cute. A nice little break from my Murder/Mystery books.
Debbie Waters
The story was okay but the language was a little coarse for me.
Rustye
great short story. stand-alone sequel to Virgin Jewels
KyBunnies
This was a free book in the kindle store.
Vivian Archer
A quick read. Enjoyable, but not spectacular.
Adriana Bookologist
Belinda
Cute story.
  • Ghostly Awakening
  • Destiny by Design
  • Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • All in Time
  • Haunted by the Past
  • Masks
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Second Sight Dating
  • Private Games
  • Swept Away
  • Emerald Green
  • Gemini Moon
  • Pride and Prejudice: The Wild and Wanton Edition
  • Thrill of the Hunt
  • Hara's Legacy (Resonance Mates, #1)
  • Let's Get Naked
  • What A Demon Wants (New Orleans Vampires, #4)
3198951
USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson lives in central California with her husband, three kids, one dog and too many cats. Being a romance writer and bringing her characters to life is her greatest dream come true.

She also writes new adult romance as NYT & USA Today bestselling author Monica Murphy.

Karen's Facebook page:

More about Karen Erickson...
Game for Marriage (Game for It, #1) Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1) Temporary Arrangement (The Renaldis, #0.5) Tempted by Her Boss (The Renaldis, #1) Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)