Start by marking “You Call the Shots: Succeed Your Way-- And Live the Life You Want-- With the 19 Essential Secrets of Entrepreneurship” as Want to Read:

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Why work for someone else when you can call your own shots, pursue your dreams, and find success on your terms by starting your own business? So many people end up bored with their jobs, stuck in the corporate grind, never following their true passions. As wildly successful young entrepreneur Cameron Johnson shows, you don't have to live that way. We've entered a new age o ...more
Published January 9th 2007 by Free Press

To ask other readers questions about You Call the Shots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Call the Shots

Borna
I read this book in college, but I wish I had read it earlier. I recommend this book both as an entertaining read as well as a motivator to start your own business.
Courtney Poquette

I wish all of my business students would read this book. How inspiring and sincere! Great advice and what a role model. Thank you for writing!
Khouloud Khammassi
A book full of wisdom and I definitely recommend it. I don't regret for a second having read it and I am actually getting ready to reread it for at least two more times.

My reservation relate to two points in the content. First, I find it funny to see how C. Johnson relays his being republican especially when it comes to commending Donald Trump. I could understand it if he did that when he reported his childhood memories, but again when he is a teenager was little surprising for me. Oh well, let
Laura Grow-Nyberg
While it's a good review of entrepreneurship, and I would probably recommend it to any high school or college students I knew who were interested in starting businesses, I personally am not interested in doing so, so the book wasn't really for me. Also, the resources are pretty dated, so I hope the author's website is more current -- I checked.
Alisyah Samosir
Buku ini merupakan buku gratis dari KickAndy!

Memuat pengalaman dari pengarang, Cameron Johnson, yang berhasil membuka, memimpin dan mengembangkan berbagai usaha di usia muda, almost 19-year-old.

Usaha yang dibangun sebagian besar berbasis internet atau online. The necessity is mother of idea, begitu kira-kira pendapat Johnson jika ditanya bagaimana ia memperoleh ide untuk membangun bisnis-bisnisnya.
Harlan Goerger
Apr 19, 2008 Harlan Goerger rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone in business
A book anyone who wants to have thier own business should read. Here a young boy starts his own busines and by high school is a millionare!

Lots of basic ideas, yet most of all shows what anyone can do with a plan, focus and belief.

This should be given to high school people so they can see what is possible. Also to executives so they can see the potential of people at any age.
Brent Mair
I really enjoyed reading this autobiographical book about Cameron Johnson and his many businesses. The book is arranged so that he focuses on major principles in each chapter. Even with this the book is fairly chronological, which builds towards where he was when the book was complete.
Kay
It's a good book, but it focuses a lot on internet businesses and the attention and opportunities that Cameron was given because he started out so young. There undeniably is some good business advice in here but this book wasn't as good as I expected.
Brandon Carroll
One of the best books that I have read from a business perspective. It really is fascinating - 12 successful businesses before he is 21. Cameron knows business and this book is really inspiring to young entrepreneurs.
Shannon
Mar 26, 2007 Shannon rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: aspiring entrepreneurs
This book has great practical tips for anyone wanting to start their own business or even for current entrepreneurs wanting to maintain a great business. Cameron Johnson is definitely very wise for his age.
I just got this from the library! It is a great book and it truly inspires you that you can do it too! I definitely recommend this book and I am only 40 pages into it so far!!
Garrett Trubey
Good read, kid is a go-getter. Good book for a young ambitious kid to read, it will give them inspiration and practical advice to continuing to their dreams.
Millie Huang
There are lots of practical tips on starting and run business given by Cameron.
Marki Owl
Marki Owl marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Ayomide
Ayomide marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Mahmoud Farouk
Mahmoud Farouk marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Mahmoud Farok
Mahmoud Farok marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Michael Collins
Michael Collins marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Lester Usapdin
Lester Usapdin marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Haidar Ali
Haidar Ali is currently reading it
Mar 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Young Bucks: How to Raise a Future Millionaire
  • What the Customer Wants You to Know: How Everybody Needs to Think Differently About Sales
  • Convince Them in 90 Seconds or Less: Make Instant Connections That Pay Off in Business and in Life
  • The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
  • Reinventing Fire: Bold Business Solutions for the New Energy Era
  • The Swordless Samurai: Pemimpin Legendaris Jepang Abad XVI
  • Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week!
  • The Road to Wealth: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Money
  • Donny Deutsch's Big Idea: How To Make Your Entrepreneurial Dreams Come True, From The AHA Moment To Your First Million
  • Twitter Power: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time
  • Living Simply with Children: A Voluntary Simplicity Guide for Moms, Dads, and Kids Who Want to Reclaim the Bliss of Childhood and the Joy of Parenting
  • Chicken Soup for the Entrepreneur's Soul (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Paperback Health Communications))
  • Attack on Titan Guidebook: INSIDE & OUTSIDE
  • The Edogawa Rampo Reader
  • Kiss and Tell
  • Chinese Gung Fu: The Philosophical Art of Self-Defense
  • The Definitive Guide To Screenwriting
  • Essentials Of Entrepreneurship And Small Business Management
Boiled Frogs with Mock Toast The Dark Beast 這小子,讓川普讚嘆!