Start by marking “Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton, Vol. 2

Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton, Vol. 2 (Last Stand of New Krypton #2)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  163 ratings  ·  12 reviews
New Krypton faces an attack from a newly freed Brainiac and it'll take all their might - alongside Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes - to survive the onslaught!

For the past year, Superman has been living on New Krypton - a planet populated by thousands of superpowered Kryptonians just like him. But after struggling to keep their society alive in spite of numerous ch
Published January 18th 2011 by DC Comics (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Superman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman

John Yelverton
Though it is a tragedy, this is a phenomenal conclusion to one of the best Superman stories in decades.
Review originally posted at

Volume 2 of this amazing story-arc leaps straight back into the action picking up right after he Kryptonian city of Kandor has once again been bottled by the knowledge-hungry Brainiac.

It's up to Superman to save the day and his people, but he's not doing it alone! Along for the ride is Kara Zor-El (aka Supergirl) Connor Kent (aka Superboy and Lar Gand. (aka Mon-El)

And if that wasn't enough, the Legion of Superheroes, a Superman-inspired superher
Paul Riches
It was the last great pre-TheNew52 Superman storyline. It was supposed to entertain and enlighten and energize the Superman books for years to come. It was one of the most massive, interconnected tales of Kal-El ever told.

And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

And I think I was one of the few who did.

And that is a complete shame.

Superman New Krypton is a storyline that takes place over almost two years worth of Superman, Action Comics, Supergirl, Superboy, World of New Krypton, Adventure Comics and various
Dec 02, 2012 Kyle rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: dcu
I love a good time-stream cross-over with the Legionnaires.... and this one didn't disappoint. It also didn't blow my mind.

Some spectacular splash pages near the end of this volume really help to get the pulse pumping. Robinson doesn't try to do anything more than tell the story through his dialogue, which is perfectly straight forward, non-expository, and plot-forwarding, which is a welcome approach at this point in the uber-length story-line of New Krypton. Some really nice twists are had, as
This part of the three part conclusion wraps up the Brainiac storyline as we head into the finale. What really works for me here is Brainiac 5's inner monologue. Why? Because he has always been one of my favorite LSH characters, and we get an explanation as to why the Dox family decided to reclaim the Brianiac title. Did I forget to mention that I like his character is based off of brain over brawn? Sure, Dox can be arrogant, it is a family trait, and here writers James Robinson and Sterling Gat ...more
In the end this is another Superman book that leads into another event. It was an okay read, It didn't keep me on the edge of my seat as much as the previous volume. The artwork was a little all over the place at times with so many artist on the book. Some of the fight scenes weren't as dynamic as they could have been. The new krypton saga has gone on and on, and i'm looking forward to the FINAL trade.
Shannon Appelcline
Better than its predecessor, primarily due to its focus on the Legion, particularly the Supergirl/Brainiac interactions. Beyond that, too much fighting all in the name of being an epic story, which unfortunately ended up short on a lot of the character & details.
Shaped it self valiantly. Beautiful and active art and although the battle scenes can get a bit visually hectic and the bubbles hard to follow the lack of flow at times does not detract. Loved this arc for Supeman and Supergirl.
It is hard to fathom that the James Robinson who co-wrote this tripe is the same James Robinson who wrote the brilliant Starman. Perhaps Geoff Johns's protégé Sterling Gates is to blame?
Anne Barwell
An enjoyable read with interesting use of time travel. I particularly liked the Brainiac 5 part of the storyline as he's always been a favourite re the Legion of Super Heroes.
Eric Mikols
Four stars might be generous but I'm glad to see real progress in this story. This volume has a lot coming to a head and I'm actually looking forward to the next one.
Joseph Nice Braniac 5 stuff though.
Diego added it
Nov 22, 2015
Jesse A
Jesse A marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
  • Superman: For Tomorrow, Vol. 2
  • Bruce Wayne: The Road Home
  • Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 3: Willpower
  • Supergirl: Power
  • My Brother, My Enemy (Star Wars: Rebellion, #1)
  • Gotham City Sirens Vol. 3: Strange Fruit
  • Smallville Season 11, Volume 1: Guardian
  • The Superman Chronicles, Vol. 1
  • The New Avengers, Vol. 11: Search for the Sorcerer Supreme
  • Superman: The Man of Steel, Vol. 4
James Robinson is a British writer, best known for his work in comic books and screenplays. He is well-known for his encyclopedic knowledge of comic book continuity, especially regarding the Golden Age of comic books. His earliest comic book work came in the late 1980s, but he became best known for his revitalization of the character Starman for DC comics in the 1990s. In addition, he has written ...more
More about James Robinson...

Last Stand of New Krypton (2 books)
  • Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton, Vol. 1