Start by marking “Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton, Vol. 2

Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton, Vol. 2 (Last Stand of New Krypton #2)

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  179 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
New Krypton faces an attack from a newly freed Brainiac and it'll take all their might - alongside Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes - to survive the onslaught!

For the past year, Superman has been living on New Krypton - a planet populated by thousands of superpowered Kryptonians just like him. But after struggling to keep their society alive in spite of numerous ch
Published January 18th 2011 by DC Comics (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Superman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman

Jeff
May 04, 2016 Jeff rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix
Brainiac and Lex Luthor believe in the old maxim: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. They’ll work together for a seemingly common goal, but each has back-up plans, escape routes, and back-up plans for the escape routes and back-up plans for the back-up plans for the escape routes….

Where was I?

You were going to post a gif.

Who else has plans?

I think the question should be: Who doesn’t have a plan? And who doesn’t have a plan that conflicts with the plans of others? Huh. Who?

Every school kid knows
Blindzider
Apr 21, 2016 Blindzider rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
While it is clearly not the end of this epic length story, it is sort of an ending point, clearing up most of the threads that occurred on New Krypton. This just leaves the upcoming war with Earth for the final arc.

There are a few more surprises here as well as a subplot featuring the Legion of Superheroes and some history on Brainiac. It's primarily an action story and I give them points for leaving things in an unpredictable manner.

All in all this ended up being a worthwhile read. We'll see h
John Yelverton
Mar 04, 2012 John Yelverton rated it it was amazing
Though it is a tragedy, this is a phenomenal conclusion to one of the best Superman stories in decades.
Paul Riches
Mar 01, 2013 Paul Riches rated it really liked it
It was the last great pre-TheNew52 Superman storyline. It was supposed to entertain and enlighten and energize the Superman books for years to come. It was one of the most massive, interconnected tales of Kal-El ever told.

And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

And I think I was one of the few who did.

And that is a complete shame.

Superman New Krypton is a storyline that takes place over almost two years worth of Superman, Action Comics, Supergirl, Superboy, World of New Krypton, Adventure Comics and various
Alan
Jun 17, 2012 Alan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This part of the three part conclusion wraps up the Brainiac storyline as we head into the finale. What really works for me here is Brainiac 5's inner monologue. Why? Because he has always been one of my favorite LSH characters, and we get an explanation as to why the Dox family decided to reclaim the Brianiac title. Did I forget to mention that I like his character is based off of brain over brawn? Sure, Dox can be arrogant, it is a family trait, and here writers James Robinson and Sterling Gat ...more
Mouse
Mar 17, 2016 Mouse rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Brainiac Revenge Squad, advance!"
Somebody actually uttered that in this book!
There's so much stuff going on in this book that it doesn't make a lot of sense. That's what I get for not reading the previous one recently. Usually they put some kind of recap at the beginning of comics but not in this one!
What's up with General Zod in this? How'd he get in the bottle city of Kandor? For that matter, how did Superboy get in there? Why is it that Mon-El is fighting in one panel and actually kicking a
Two Nerds Talking
Mar 06, 2015 Two Nerds Talking rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at http://wp.me/p4Wvzn-tG

Volume 2 of this amazing story-arc leaps straight back into the action picking up right after he Kryptonian city of Kandor has once again been bottled by the knowledge-hungry Brainiac.

It's up to Superman to save the day and his people, but he's not doing it alone! Along for the ride is Kara Zor-El (aka Supergirl) Connor Kent (aka Superboy and Lar Gand. (aka Mon-El)

And if that wasn't enough, the Legion of Superheroes, a Superman-inspired superher
Kyle
Dec 02, 2012 Kyle rated it liked it
Shelves: dcu
I love a good time-stream cross-over with the Legionnaires.... and this one didn't disappoint. It also didn't blow my mind.

Some spectacular splash pages near the end of this volume really help to get the pulse pumping. Robinson doesn't try to do anything more than tell the story through his dialogue, which is perfectly straight forward, non-expository, and plot-forwarding, which is a welcome approach at this point in the uber-length story-line of New Krypton. Some really nice twists are had, as
Mike
Apr 20, 2012 Mike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superman
In the end this is another Superman book that leads into another event. It was an okay read, It didn't keep me on the edge of my seat as much as the previous volume. The artwork was a little all over the place at times with so many artist on the book. Some of the fight scenes weren't as dynamic as they could have been. The new krypton saga has gone on and on, and i'm looking forward to the FINAL trade.
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 10, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
Better than its predecessor, primarily due to its focus on the Legion, particularly the Supergirl/Brainiac interactions. Beyond that, too much fighting all in the name of being an epic story, which unfortunately ended up short on a lot of the character & details.
Adam
Dec 27, 2011 Adam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Shaped it self valiantly. Beautiful and active art and although the battle scenes can get a bit visually hectic and the bubbles hard to follow the lack of flow at times does not detract. Loved this arc for Supeman and Supergirl.
Mike
Sep 10, 2012 Mike rated it did not like it
It is hard to fathom that the James Robinson who co-wrote this tripe is the same James Robinson who wrote the brilliant Starman. Perhaps Geoff Johns's protégé Sterling Gates is to blame?
Anne Barwell
Mar 30, 2013 Anne Barwell rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable read with interesting use of time travel. I particularly liked the Brainiac 5 part of the storyline as he's always been a favourite re the Legion of Super Heroes.
Eric Mikols
Jan 21, 2013 Eric Mikols rated it really liked it
Shelves: superman
Four stars might be generous but I'm glad to see real progress in this story. This volume has a lot coming to a head and I'm actually looking forward to the next one.
Joseph
Oct 06, 2011 Joseph rated it liked it
Overall....eh. Nice Braniac 5 stuff though.
Alex Reynolds
Alex Reynolds marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Dillon Henriksen
Dillon Henriksen marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
james
james rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
James Lawner
James Lawner marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Miłosz Bojan
Miłosz Bojan marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Ammar Saleem
Ammar Saleem marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Chayce
Chayce rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Macacoteste
Macacoteste marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Michael DeLong
Michael DeLong rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Hallie
Hallie rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
N K Hoover
N K Hoover rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
  • Superman: Brainiac
  • Superman: Nightwing and Flamebird, Vol. 1
  • Supergirl: Who is Superwoman?
  • Superman: The Black Ring Vol. 2
  • The Brave and the Bold, Vol. 1: The Lords of Luck
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 9: Night and Day
  • Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 3: Willpower
  • Superman: For Tomorrow, Vol. 2
  • My Brother, My Enemy (Star Wars: Rebellion, #1)
  • Bruce Wayne: The Road Home
  • Supergirl: Power
  • Smallville Season 11, Volume 1: Guardian
  • Venom, Volume 1
  • Trinity, Vol. 2
James Robinson is a British writer, best known for his work in comic books and screenplays. He is well-known for his encyclopedic knowledge of comic book continuity, especially regarding the Golden Age of comic books. His earliest comic book work came in the late 1980s, but he became best known for his revitalization of the character Starman for DC comics in the 1990s. In addition, he has written ...more
More about James Robinson...

Last Stand of New Krypton (2 books)
  • Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton, Vol. 1