Blank-133x176
The Captal's Tower

Melanie Rawn

The Captal's Tower (Exiles #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Paperback
Published by MacMillan UK

The Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerDoors of Stone by Patrick RothfussThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerA Dream of Spring by George R.R. Martin
Hurry Up and Release It!!!
62nd out of 330 books — 4,473 voters
The Captal's Tower by Melanie RawnThe Last Hero by Terry PratchettThe Kane Chronicles Survival Guide by Rick RiordanMort by Terry PratchettThe Discworld Graphic Novels by Terry Pratchett
Books I Need to Complete a Series
1st out of 171 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Liza
Oct 04, 2012 Liza marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy, wishlist
What do I think? I think it will never be published. The last book came out in March of 1997 when I was 15 (and I read it brand new - that's how much I liked the series). It saddens me, because this series cemented Melanie Rawn as one of my favorite authors, and this "trilogy" in particular as some of my favorite books. That it will obviously never be written used to irritate me. Now I suppose I'm just resigned, and the author has lost a lot of my respect. When you've written numerous books sinc...more
Jami Ouellette
Jul 12, 2011 Jami Ouellette marked it as to-read
Why is it taking so long for this book to get out to your fans, Ms. Rawn? I have waited FOREVER for this one and its really starting to get old. All I want to know-who are Collan's parents??!!!
Kristie
Oct 13, 2009 Kristie marked it as to-read
only because it's been TWELVE FRICKIN YEARS since the second book, and this one is supposed to round out the trilogy. yah, no thanks. i like cliffhangers, but now i'm just bored.
Emily
Jul 31, 2011 Emily marked it as to-read
I really enjoy Rawn's work and hanging out in her worlds. Just wish the publisher and Amazon wouldn't tease us with false publication dates on this book. It looks like it won't even be written until 2012. It is a long wait for those of us left hanging at the end of The Mageborn Traitor.
Meagan Sinkovits
Jan 14, 2013 Meagan Sinkovits marked it as to-read
I added this to read with no hopes of it ever changing shelves.. This story will never be finished and that is so upsetting. It's been over a decade but I'm still keeping a small tiny bit of hope alive that Melanie will realize her fans need the proper end to this story. I will never read another Melanie Rawn novel until The Captal's Tower is completed!!
Jeannie
Mar 24, 2010 Jeannie marked it as to-read
I love that people have rated this book despite the fact that it HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET. Is it just wishful thinking that it will be a 3 star book? Seriously people!?!?
Ginger
Mar 10, 2013 Ginger marked it as to-read
Dear Ms. Rawn, You are breaking my heart by not finishing this series! Seriously, if you have lost interest in it, and cannot bring yourself to write it, LET US KNOW. PLEASE? I am reading Touchstone now, but have been afraid to. Why because I fell head over heels with EVERY other book you have written, but especially the Ambrai series. And I have been waiting for 15 years for this last book, to find out what happens. And now that you've started another series, what am I to do if you decide to no...more
Colleen
May 12, 2011 Colleen marked it as to-read
Really hope this one gets published in my lifetime! I can't wait to find out how it ends and I absolutely NEED to know who Collan was!
Caryla
My biggest fear is that Ms. Rawn will go the way of Anne McCaffrey and Robert Jordan (RIP) before this book is written... I literally do not know what I would do. Please, write this book! I -we- have been waiting for over a decade.

And the reason for the 3 star? The first two books were AMAZING, and I'm sure if she can ever get herself interested in this series again, this one will be too... But I'm so tired of waiting.
Ryan
Feb 10, 2010 Ryan marked it as to-read
Shelves: melanie-rawn
Hoping she gets around to finishing this one.
Karen
Mar 10, 2011 Karen marked it as to-read
Can't wait for this to finally be written!
Brandy Vishnesky
Apr 14, 2012 Brandy Vishnesky marked it as to-read
She has posted on her website in the past that it will likely never be written as she doesn't remember the first two books or where she was going with them. A shame.
Geeknomad
Jul 12, 2012 Geeknomad marked it as to-read
I had hoped, when I saw this listed, that there would actually have been a published book by now. Sadly not :(
Stephanie Mccauley
May 07, 2013 Stephanie Mccauley marked it as to-read
Please write this book, I've been waiting forever.
Michelle
Dec 22, 2013 Michelle marked it as to-read
My understanding regarding the delay is that Ms. Rawn had some life events that interfered (her mother died, followed by a bout of clinical depression), and she's been working on other projects.

According to the bulletin-board on her official web site, Ms. Rawn stated in 2012 that she WILL eventually write The Captal's Tower. (Here's the thread discussing the latest news. (Note: Ms. Rawn does reading the board, and does participate in various discussions.)
Alex -B is for Banana-
Adding this to my to-read, even though it will likely never be written (per other comments, Ms. Rawn no longer recalls her plans for the series). I remember staying up all night to read the first two books, because I couldn't put them down. I was in high school, so I'm thinking, 1997? Yikes, but it's been a while. Teenage hopes = dashed *sniffle*
Gretchen
Sep 29, 2012 Gretchen marked it as to-read
I really would love to read this book, if the author would ever write it.... been waiting on it a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time now
Shay
Jan 05, 2012 Shay marked it as to-read
If memory serves me she had a serious health issue come up causing her to stop writing. Not sure could be wrong.
Olivia Feagler
I have been waiting for this book since the 12th grade. I am anxiously waiting it's arrival!
Valerie
There should be another boooook... whyyyyy...
Nicole
Feb 20, 2008 Nicole marked it as to-read
But it still needs to be written!
Melanie
Jul 10, 2012 Melanie marked it as to-read
C'mon now...what is the hold up?????
Chelle
Dec 17, 2008 Chelle marked it as to-read
Still awaiting for it to be written.
Hope Castro
Mar 14, 2012 Hope Castro marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy-fun
Hurry up and waiting....
Kathleen
Aug 03, 2007 Kathleen marked it as to-read
And the Epic continues.....
Mander
Sep 08, 2008 Mander marked it as to-read
WANT!!!
Devaeriel
Devaeriel marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Alysia Murphy
Alysia Murphy marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Pam
Pam added it
Jul 04, 2014
Melanie Rawn: How many people would read Captal's Tower? 1 1 Jul 04, 2014 10:50PM
When will this come out? 65 318 Aug 17, 2013 08:02PM
  • Darkbane (The Legendsong, #3)
  • Sea of Sorrows (The Sun Sword, #4)
  • Darksword Adventures
  • Chaosbound (Runelords, #8)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #10)
  • Gordini Protocols (Shades of Grey, #3)
  • Initiate's Trial (Wars of Light & Shadow #9; Arc 4 - Sword of the Canon, #1)
  • The Heart of the Stone (Stonewiser, #1)
  • Low Midnight (Kitty Norville, #13)
  • Pale Kings (Emaneska #2)
  • The Crippled Angel (The Crucible, #3)
  • Karavans (Karavans, #1)
  • Destiny (The Blending Enthroned, #3)
  • Downfall (Cal Leandros, #9)
  • The Widow's House (The Dagger and the Coin, #4)
  • Full Fathom Five (Craft Sequence, #3)
  • Water Logic (Elemental Logic, #3)
Melanie Rawn received a BA in history from Scripps College and worked as a teacher and editor before becoming a writer.

She has been nominated for a Locus award on three separate occasions: in 1989 for Dragon Prince (in the first novel category), in 1994 for Skybowl (in the fantasy novel category), and again in 1995 for Ruins of Ambrai (in the fantasy novel category).

More about Melanie Rawn...
Dragon Prince (Dragon Prince, #1) Stronghold (Dragon Star, #1) Skybowl (Dragon Star, #3) The Ruins of Ambrai (Exiles, #1) The Star Scroll (Dragon Prince, #2)