Start by marking “Sick Things: Extreme Creature Horror” as Want to Read:
Sick Things: Extreme Creature Horror

Sick Things: Extreme Creature Horror

Sick Things is the ultimate collection of extreme creature horror with 17 deviant and gore-soaked stories featuring demons, cannibals, mutants, golems, werewolves, and many more vile creatures, monsters, and beasts.

EDITORIAL REVIEWS

FANGORIA

"Cover every orifice. Comet Press’ new collection SICK THINGS: AN ANTHOLOGY OF EXTREME CREATURE HORROR is making a beeline for the s
Published (first published June 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sick Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sick Things

Lostaccount
Jul 04, 2013 Lostaccount rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I really love about this book is how great the writing is. There isn't a story in it that's (IMHO) badly written and there is some dark stuff in here. I'm not a fan of the gross-out horror but there were enough intelligent stories in here for me. When you read stuff like this it makes you realise how badly written all those celebrity books are whether ghost-written or not. The writers here are the real deal, working from the ground up. I'll definitely be looking up some of these writers to ...more
Daniel Russell
Jul 19, 2010 Daniel Russell rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
First off, hands up, I'm in this one. Now, followers of my reviews may be getting ready to pounce with cries of "You always say you're 100% impartial!" And I have to agree. This is a review of a book I read as reader, not a plug.

So to get it out of the way: Sick Things contains my story Heat, and that is all I'm going to mention in regards to it.

I'm going to look at the antho as a whole and pick out some selected stories.

This Is My Body by Lawrence Conquest is the third story in the book, and is
Monster
Sick Things is a collection of 17 stories of parasites, aliens, demons, insects, and many other nasty critters, and offers up a bit of something for any fan of monster mayhem. The stories range from grotesque to downright hilarious, with a nice blend of different creatures to keep things from getting bogged down. As with most anthologies, there are a few weak links, but the majority of work here is strong.

Highlights include "Hunger Pangs" by Matt Kurtz, in which a diet pill from south of the bo
Marc
Aug 04, 2012 Marc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The title says it all. About the strangest anthologiy ever. SUPER WEIRD and SUPER GORY! A great freak yourself out summer read. From horny zombies to a talking a black opossum who helps a man get his bloody (and deserved) revenge....this book is a smutty and cartoonishly violent amusement park ride! Highly recommended for those with thick skin and a taste for the distasteful.
Billy
Mar 18, 2011 Billy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the stories are great in this volume, with some that provided deeper meanings than you get from most horror stories that just set out to paint horrific situations.
Sherie
Apr 27, 2011 Sherie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this, it's sick, but great!
Billy
Billy rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2010
B
B rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
May 05, 2011
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2015
shaun melville
shaun melville rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2014
Dorothy Lee
Dorothy Lee rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2012
Albert
Albert rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Jeffrey Hale
Sep 06, 2012 Jeffrey Hale rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yours-truly
Ksenia
Ksenia rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Jacen
Jacen rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2013
Melissa Brite
Melissa Brite rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Sherie
Sherie rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2011
p bryan murphey
p bryan murphey rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Patricia Ward
Patricia Ward rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2016
Traci
Traci rated it liked it
May 14, 2011
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2015
Simon
Oct 11, 2010 Simon rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 next »