Start by marking “Sick Things: Extreme Creature Horror” as Want to Read:
Sick Things: Extreme Creature Horror

Sick Things: Extreme Creature Horror

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Sick Things is the ultimate collection of extreme creature horror with 17 deviant and gore-soaked stories featuring demons, cannibals, mutants, golems, werewolves, and many more vile creatures, monsters, and beasts.

EDITORIAL REVIEWS

FANGORIA

"Cover every orifice. Comet Press’ new collection SICK THINGS: AN ANTHOLOGY OF EXTREME CREATURE HORROR is making a beeline for the s
Published (first published June 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sick Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sick Things

Daniel Russell
Sep 30, 2010 Daniel Russell rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
First off, hands up, I'm in this one. Now, followers of my reviews may be getting ready to pounce with cries of "You always say you're 100% impartial!" And I have to agree. This is a review of a book I read as reader, not a plug.

So to get it out of the way: Sick Things contains my story Heat, and that is all I'm going to mention in regards to it.

I'm going to look at the antho as a whole and pick out some selected stories.

This Is My Body by Lawrence Conquest is the third story in the book, and is
Monster
Sick Things is a collection of 17 stories of parasites, aliens, demons, insects, and many other nasty critters, and offers up a bit of something for any fan of monster mayhem. The stories range from grotesque to downright hilarious, with a nice blend of different creatures to keep things from getting bogged down. As with most anthologies, there are a few weak links, but the majority of work here is strong.

Highlights include "Hunger Pangs" by Matt Kurtz, in which a diet pill from south of the bo
Lostaccount Darkpool
What I really love about this book is how great the writing is. There isn't a story in it that's (IMHO) badly written and there is some dark stuff in here. I'm not a fan of the gross-out horror but there were enough intelligent stories in here for me. When you read stuff like this it makes you realise how badly written all those celebrity books are whether ghost-written or not. The writers here are the real deal, working from the ground up. I'll definitely be looking up some of these writers to ...more
Marc
The title says it all. About the strangest anthologiy ever. SUPER WEIRD and SUPER GORY! A great freak yourself out summer read. From horny zombies to a talking a black opossum who helps a man get his bloody (and deserved) revenge....this book is a smutty and cartoonishly violent amusement park ride! Highly recommended for those with thick skin and a taste for the distasteful.
Billy
All the stories are great in this volume, with some that provided deeper meanings than you get from most horror stories that just set out to paint horrific situations.
Sherie
I really enjoyed this, it's sick, but great!
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Karie
Karie added it
Dec 07, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Sage
Sage marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Kaphin
Kaphin marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Ashley James
Ashley James marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Logan Kane
Logan Kane marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
John Skierski
John Skierski marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Greg Fasolino
Greg Fasolino marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Parker
Parker marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Carly Nicholas
Carly Nicholas marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Kerri
Kerri marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
paced reading hor...: sick things 2 16 Dec 18, 2012 07:54PM
Necro Files: Two Decades of Extreme Horror Vile Things: Extreme Deviations in Horror Deadlines: an Anthology of Horror and Dark Fiction World Made Flesh The Death Panel: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness