Start by marking “Concrete Operational” as Want to Read:
Concrete Operational

Concrete Operational

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Germany Germany, a man who was free, a man who loved, now an instrument in their machine. They have turned him into the very thing he hates, what he and everyone he loved fought against, the world's greatest celebrity, a tool in the subjugation of man. But the memories of freedom and love remain, and he will fight and change the course of human history for the better, but ...more
Published October 21st 2009 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Concrete Operational, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Concrete Operational

seak
When I was first approached (by email) to review Concrete Operational, I was quite intrigued. This was the first time I'd accepted something of the sort; i.e. a book that had it's own accompanying album and art book.

What a novel idea? And yet my intrigue didn't stop there. I began reading the book and immediately I was sucked into the ideas and promises that were being made. I thought, if Concrete Operational lives up to this, it will be amazing.

I waited and I waited, hoping the next chapter wou
Emma
Echoing the future dystopias of Huxley and Orwell, this novel manages to put a new spin on the idea of a humanity forced to succumb to a greater power. Packed full of intricate philosophical argument without alienating the reader, this whirlwind of a novel will leave you breathless with it's skillful portrayal of an alternate future, but most importantly, how love manages to survive within it.
Sophie Ellis
I initally read Concrete Operational as a gap filler between other future predictive reads by authors such as Huxley and Orwell- which i was finding have been talked about so much, i sadly knew how it would end before it had even begun.
I like supporting new writers and i was excited to begin reading a very managable sized book offering more than a few lovable characters and a happy ending.
I was lucky enough that at the time i was able to read it in three sittings. Regardless of this however i
Riccardo Bussmann
An excellent and extremely captivating science fiction novel, unlike any other scifi book I have come across so far. Philosophically stimulating, this book deals with a variety of themes such as emotions, free will and the influence of structure.

Although a little overwhelmed by the heavy wording in the beginning of the book (certainly linked to the fact that english is not my mother tongue), it was a real pleasure reading it through to the end. The most remarkable trait of this book for me is th
Invisibl Frank
A brilliant piece of Science fiction and an enthralling read which incorporates awesome future landscapes, environments and technologies. This book makes you feel like a voyeur in the future space in which it is set. I often want to go back for another look! A great investment for fans of Philip K. Dick.
Milo
Milo marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Viviana Ramazzotti
Viviana Ramazzotti marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Snowfire Reuben Runs Away Banjo Blue's Great Australian Adventure No Longer Crippled: Growing Up with a Handicap Concrete Operational - the Art Book