Start by marking “Queen of Song and Souls” as Want to Read:
Queen of Song and Souls

Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul #4)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  3,702 ratings  ·  199 reviews
The Fourth Chapter in C. L. Wilson’s Breathtaking Epic Tale of Magic, Passion, and Destiny

Two lovers, two hearts, one soul.
Only joined can they be truly complete.
Only joined can they survive the darkness.

The Fey King Rain and his truemate Ellysetta share a passionate love unrivaled in the history of their world—and a forbidden power that made them outcasts from the Fading
Published July 20th 2010 by HarperCollins e-books (first published October 27th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Song and Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Song and Souls

Kristalia
Final rating: ★★★★★/★★★★★

She frowned and tilted her head back to look up at him. “Will ours?”
“I pray so.” Somber acceptance darkened his eyes, and he stroked her cheek in a light caress. “But even if we do not find joy in this lifetime, we will be born again to love once more. That much, I believe without question. In this lifetime, or the next, or even the lifetime after that, our s
Sobia
So... the best way to describe this 4th book in the Fading lands series?

Maddening.

But in a good way.

There's just so much going on, and you want to know it all, and you want to know it all, right now now NOW! But then again, no you don't, because then the story's over, and then where would we be? (other then waiting for CLW's next 3 promised books)

But there's a lot happening in this book, and it doesn't seem to stop... and you want our Heroes to get a break, and to be able to just relax, and t
Barbara M.
5 Stars...I loved it!

..."His sigh spoke of fear and regret mingled with grim acceptance. 'Teach her,' he said. 'Teach her to fight. Teach her to defend herself, and teach her to kill. The five of you must be her chatoks in the Dance of Knives. Teach her as you have taught no other. Give her everything. Hold nothing back.'

'Rain...' Bel murmured, his eyes troubled.

Rain waved off his unspoken objection. ' She is a Tairen Soul, and we Tairen Souls were born for war. I may not like this path the gods
Steven Peterson
This is volume # 4 in a series, by the talented author C. L. Wilson. However, this specific work. Metaphorically, is like an automobile in idle. It just doesn’t carry the action forward from volume # 3 (“King of Sword and Sky”) into the next book, which would feature the climax to the 5 book series. And one hopes that there might be further future adventures for Rain and Ellysetta after that. But it is time to end this particular series and be on with it.

In volume 3, many issues became clearer—s
Donna
Oct 26, 2009 Donna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Fantasy fans
Queen of Song and Souls is the exciting fourth book in the Tairen Souls series by C.L. Wilson. In my opinion, due to complex world created by C.L. Wilson, this series needs to be read in order starting with Lord of the Fading Lands, thus experiencing this series to it's fullest.

C.L. Wilson elegantly throws us back in the world of Fey in the prologue where the King of Sword and Sky ended. From there we follow Ellysetta and Rain as they travel across the lands trying to create alliances with the C
Tom
We get another awesome book in the series.

I’m going with a very short review for multiple reasons. Everything in the last book was left so up in the air that by letting you know what goes on in this one would actually give away some of the surprises. Also if you are reading book 4 you already know where the story is going.

This book was a really good mix of action and world building. Multiple story lines get pushed along without the need for building the situations. Ellie starts to come into her
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
"Death offers us hope, at least. Not for this life, but for another."

Once again Wilson delivers a riveting edition to the series. She has created a world that is truly captivating and unforgettable. How could anyone not fall in love with Ellysetta and her shining Fey king?
It's difficult to relate him to the same man that others refer to as "Worldscorcher", the man who once swept torment and destruction over the lands with Tairen flame. Since finding his Feyreisa, he's been selfless and compassi
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
Feb 02, 2011 Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants the BEST of fantasy and romance
Recommended to Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) by: Stacia
No words for how beautiful this series is. Just finished reading this for the second time in a little over a month. This series is the first for this author, and she is truly brilliant.

I have read this series twice now (starting my re-read of the last one) as one long book and am so thankful they were already published when I found them. I totally fell into the world of the Fey King Rain and his truemate Ellysetta, and the writing of these books is incredible. I've never read a series where the
Mandi Schreiner
The Tairen Soul series by C.L. Wilson is one of my favorites. It is a great blend of romance and action, with vibrant characters and a really, really evil villain. The second book of the series, Lady of Light and Shadows is one of my all time favorite books. I remember reading it and having to put it down because I became too emtionally involved in it - only to pick it right back up.

Queen of Song and Souls starts two weeks after King of Sword and Sky and this is one series I highly recommend you
Abigail
Crazy4more
5 star and then some...

What a beautiful read, with inspiration, passion, hopes, tears and nerve-racking combined. Yes, toward the end of the book, no eye-creme is going to help my dark circles, puffy-swollen-red-eyes this morning. As I continue my read on the elliptical, it was all out waterfall, seriously embarrassing. Luckily I was by myself and well hidden behind my sweat-teary-red face as I finished my 5 miles.

Loving Rain with all her heart, body and soul, yet their truemate bonds are still
Gemma
God, that pretty much broke my heart :'( I love this series, and apart from the annoying realisation that I'll have to wait for God knows how many more books to get to the end of it, this was a great addition to the story.

I just finished reading it only scant minutes ago, so I'm still feeling the effects, but the only word I can properly come up with to describe it is... emotional. Flipping hell, was that emotional!
I'd actually harboured thoughts (hopes would probs be better) that this was goin
Heather
This is book 4 in the Tairen Soul series, and it really does need to be read in order, as each book builds upon the last. If you pick this book up and read it without reading the previous one you are going to be missing so much.

I LOVE this series, but I didn't feel that this book really moved the story forward much. It mainly covers the coming war between the Eld, and the Fey and their allies, and how everyone is preparing for it. It seemed to drag a little, and by the end I was getting sick of
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also now be found on Reading Lark After Dark: http://readinglarkafterdark.blogspot....

Queen of Song and Souls opens with a shorter retelling of the ending of King of Sword and Sky's battle sequence, and told more from Lillis's point of view. And then we jump right over to another facet of the battle and Ellysetta now joining the other shei'dalins in healing the wounded following the last epic battle.

Ellysetta has come a long way from the beginning of this series. She is much bett
Harper
Melanie
Yodamom
The war with the Eld is unavoidable, rain and Ellysetta must gather all the allies they can. She still carries hurt marks and tries to do as much good as she can while she can. The vision the oracle sent her haunts her every move. Rain is losing his grip on sanity, the bond is not completing and war brings the madness closer. They visit with the Elf King for a eye opening and disturbing premonition. Horrible truths are revealed, many lives will be lost. One pair of lovers has the ultimate ugline ...more
Haley
I can't tell you the awesome sauce that is enfolded in the pages of this book.

But I'm in serious book hangover mode. My heart actually hurts from that ending, even though you knew that Adrial and Talisa's fate could never end in happiness. (Hey, I would say get rid of the honor, and just do whatever pleases you!--this is why I could never star in epic fantasy. To selfish.)

I am incredibly angry that I have to wait till tomorrow to read the ending--and so help me there better be a happy one or s
Gardavson
It was tough to give this book 4 stars. The series has been, and is, in my opinion an absolute 5 star series. Part of me though wanted to rate this book a 3, and part to rate it a 5. So I settled for a 4.

Rain and Ellysetta continue their journey in this book to save the fey and the tairen from the Eld mages who have covertly brought the two races to the brink of extinction. They are also still trying to complete their truemate bond.

This book was simply too dark for me. It was filled with angst,
Leontine
I’ll have to warn all who haven’t read QUEEN OF SOUL AND SONGS that it has no true beginning; since it starts where King Of Sword And Sky left us, and no true ending; which will be given with The Tairen Soul. I would rather say; be prepared to open this book where the Shei’tanitsa bond is getting deepened, where the stakes are getting almost insurmountable high and where the war turns even grimmer then before. The opening scene is one that instantly triggers the ‘oh no, don’t let that happen’ re ...more
Mrs. Badass
Rain and Ellysetta continue on their journey towards completing their mating bond, gaining alliances, and defending the Fey,Tairen,and Humans as well.
Tempers Fly high as the Bond Madness begins, and Ellysetta is plagued by horrid nightmares and possible futures. Elly still cannot trust herself.

Meeting with the King of the Elves was interesting to say the least. I was happy to learn that now Elly and company know who her parents are, and that they are still 'alive' as POW.

I wish to know the fat
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Feb 15, 2014 Merissa (Archaeolibrarian) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites

"Two lovers, two hearts, one soul.
Only joined can they be truly complete.
Only joined can they survive the darkness."

Wow! Once again a fantastic story but this time it made me cry. We've managed to get through a build up to war with not a lot of death but we do have them in this book and I confess I cannot read it even now without tears pouring out of me. I won't say who or how but suffice it to say, it's
Liz
Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul) A whole bunch of forward momentum as we see both foes and allies align as the Second Mage War takes a big breath, trembling on the brink of another wave of violence!

Some secrets are revealed, the danger cranked even higher and the fate of the world lays in Ellie's hands as she fights to understand her role in the the ultimate battle between Light and Dark. She also seeks to save the sanity of her Tairen Soul mate, Rain, who can only be restored by the comple
Gina Briganti
I love how this book picks up right where book 3 left off. It is one of the elements of CLW's series that has made it so easy to slip down the slide into many entertaining reading hours.

This book is plot heavy and moves, moves, moves.

We are finally treated to the story of the elves and their city of Navahele. I found it all very enchanting. The Dance turns out to be a novel divination method. I can see why Galad Hawksheart spends so much of his life studying it.

As you might expect, some story li
Laurel Cremant
I literally stumbled across this author's website a few years ago, drawn to it by a post she wrote giving writing tips. I found an excerpt to the first book in this series and was ABSOLUTELY hooked. This is probably one of the best series I've read in the last decade. Nothing feels trite or cliche in this series. Each character is well fleshed out and the world the author builds feels so real and vivid it's impossible not to visualize each and every detail completely and easily. I rarely read bo ...more
Carolyn F.
I just finished this book and tears are running down my face. Such a sad ending! This takes the story of Ellie and Rain straight through from book #3. Intertwined in this book is a romance between two other characters that started in book #2. Ellie learns the truth about her birth parents. Her adopted family is thrown into turmoil. The war is escalating. Such a great book. I can't wait to see what happens next.
RogueHireling
I think I might not have been quite in the mood for this book. Although i loved the previous ones this one just seemed overly dramatic. Took me a while to get back into the story and stop giggling at all the "woe is me" bits.

But I did finally get back into the story and its interesting. Yet still not much gets accomplished.

I think I just needed this too be the final book.
Diana
The word "purple" came to mind as I was reading this book, and I ain't talking about the cover art. Definitely overwrought at times, this series is starting to lose its hold over me. Please wrap up the story arc soon. I get that Ellysetta's conflicted and that she might die or else unleash an unspeakable evil on the world. I got it in book #3 as well.
Ronda  Tutt
Excellent! Will be giving full review in the last book in the series (#5). Note this is not a stand alone read and must be read in order to completely understand the story. I will say this though, you will not be able to put the book down and you will be rushing to read the next book before you even think about writing a review.
~Megan~
I barely have words right now and can hardly type. One of the very few books to ever bring tears to my eyes. I am so glad I waited until the 5th book came out before I even started this one. If I'd had to wait after this ending for any length of time, I might have gone crazy. This remains one of my favorite series of all time!
  • Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)
  • The Mage's Daughter (Nine Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Battle Sylph (Sylph, #1)
  • Master of Crows (Master of Crows, #1)
  • A Distant Tomorrow (World of Hetar #2)
  • Heart Duel (Celta's Heartmates, #3)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2)
  • The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords, #1)
  • My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)
  • Heroes at Risk (Hero, #4)
  • Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)
  • Con & Conjure (Raine Benares #5)
C.L. Wilsons unique blend of pulse-pounding action, sweeping epic fantasy, and passionate romance has made her books a favorite read for romance and fantasy readers alike. Praised for exceptional worldbuilding and lyric prose, her critically acclaimed novels have regularly appeared on bestseller lists including the USA Today, the New York Times, and Publishers Weekly.

C.Ls novels have won numerous
More about C.L. Wilson...
Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2) King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3) Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5) The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1)

“Not all battles can be won. Not all lives can be saved. And no matter how we wish it, not all songs end in joy.” 14 likes
.... Steli forgot knocking.... 10 likes