Start by marking “An Affair Without End (Willowmere, #3)” as Want to Read:
An Affair Without End (Willowmere, #3)

An Affair Without End (Willowmere #3)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  883 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
If a sophisticated beauty proposes a clandestine affair, could even the most proper gentleman resist? New York Times bestselling author Candace Camp concludes her scintillating Willowmere series with a seductive tale of an alluring lady who dares to break the rules. . . .

When Oliver, Earl of Stewkesbury, asks the dashing Lady Vivian Carlyle to ensure that his American cou
Mass Market Paperback, 385 pages
Published March 22nd 2011 by Pocket Star (first published March 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about An Affair Without End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Affair Without End

Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanIt Happened One Autumn by Lisa KleypasDreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas
Best Romances With Spinsters, Wallflowers, Or Old Maids
162nd out of 371 books — 640 voters
A Lot like Love by Julie JamesEleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLeanThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonCall Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsJust Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
2011 Romance
258th out of 393 books — 830 voters

More lists with this book...

Leah
After the disaster that was A Gentleman Always Remembers, I was eager to get to a book I knew I would love. And I did know I would love this book. From the beginning of this series, I knew Oliver and Vivian's book would be my favorite of the series. And it totally was. An Affair Without End was entertaining, exciting, intriguing, and romantic. Plus, it had just the perfect amount of mystery and intrigue to keep me interested in the shady crimes and subsequent investigation by Oliver and Vivian.

I
Kyle Moore
After having read many historical romances within the past three years, I have learned that almost all of the books go into the same mold. Girl is innocent and unusually beautiful, she falls in love with a "rake" (who really isn't a rake, or was years ago), and no one tries to stop her, and they have sex all the time and the end.

This story did not fit that mold, at all.

The story was about a crazy girl named Vivian who ends up dragging this guy named Oliver on one of her wild adventures... which
Laurie
May 14, 2011 Laurie rated it really liked it
Shelves: sold
Gaby
An Affair Without End is the latest in Candace Camp's Willowmere series. The main characters are the feisty and unconventional daughter of a duke, Vivian Carlyle; Vivian's brother Gregory, the bookish and reclusive fifth marquis of Seyre; four American sisters who are cousins to Lord Steweksbery - particularly of interest is the least conventional of the four, Camellia; Lord Oliver Steweksbery whose family dates back to the 11th century and is always circumspect, proper, and occasionally fusty. ...more
Rosa
Jan 18, 2016 Rosa rated it really liked it
Marred a little by a scene of dubious consent and my dissatisfaction with the very last social conflict, but otherwise I can't think of anything else I didn't enjoy. Both leads were wonderfully vibrant and their flirting was the greatest. Laugh out loud and heartwarming all at once. Their sexcapades were the hottest of the series. The mystery was decent and provided a good framework, as did the supporting secondary romances. All around a much enjoyed book.

I also really LOVED the rescue scene at
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Nov 19, 2011 Jo (Mixed Book Bag) rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is the last book in the Willowmere Series. It was OK but I found myself putting it down because it did not hold my interest like the previous two. It has two HEA stories, one was Vivian and Oliver and the other was the last Bascombe sister.
Beth Johnson
Apr 10, 2015 Beth Johnson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hea, 2015-reads
I so loved this novel. I could not put it down, and I was glad to have the characters involved be the focus of the story. The history between the main couple played well into their changing relationship and all of the issues inherent. The secondary couple involved my favourite Bascombe sister, Camellia, and her unfashionable antics. I actually fell for everyone in these two pairs just a little bit as the book went on. Add in the interesting mystery in the background, and while I was part right a ...more
Yukino
Jan 09, 2015 Yukino rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2015
Jess
May 01, 2011 Jess rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the Willomere series and I've been waiting for this one since Lady Vivian showed up in the first book. I knew her book was going to be explosive, exciting and steamy and I was right. I'm so glad that I was exposed to Camp's books through the GR's giveaway section, otherwise I might never have read her books.

Lady Vivian loves going to parties and socializing and is excited to be helping out Lily and Camellia with their first Season. While helping the two get ready, Vivian disc
cecilia
Mar 20, 2011 cecilia rated it it was amazing
It has been far too long since I last read a romance by Candace Camp - if only because I had overdosed on the genre and pretty much fell out of love, so to speak. An Affair Without End had sounded too good to resist, and let me say that I am now staring at my copy longingly because a re-read seems to also be hard to resist!

Compared to Francesca from The Courtship Wager (Matchmakers series), Vivian will certainly match Francesca in her feisty zest for the ton and perhaps even kick it up a notch a
April
Mar 24, 2011 April rated it really liked it
AN AFFAIR WITHOUT END by Candace Camp is an interesting historical romance set in Regency England. It is the final installment of "Willowmere" series,but can be read as a stand alone.It is well written with depth,details,romance,love,betrayal,adventure,danger,and sweet sensuality.The plot is easy to follow and will capture your attention.It is an exciting tale of a bold Lady of society,Vivian, who eagerly steps into danger and breaks the rules the of the ton.She has also decided she will never g ...more
Lesleya
Jun 22, 2013 Lesleya rated it liked it
I think this is the best of the Willomere trilogy. The first three quarters of the book were very entertaining due to the wonderful chemistry between the main characters, Vivian and Oliver and Camellia and Gregory. The banter between Vivian and Oliver was a joy to read, funny and charming. The budding romance between the two secondary characters, was sweetly done, I really cheered for them and toward the end of the book, I cared more about the secondary characters getting together than the main ...more
Kristy
Aug 01, 2011 Kristy rated it really liked it
I was so excited to read about Oliver and Vivian, and I was not disappointed. I love Vivian's spunk, and how it contrasts to Oliver's serious, stoic nature. I loved seeing her bring out his fun side and more spontaneous side.

I was also really interested in Camellia and Vivian's bother (I can't think of his name) almost as much as I enjoyed the main love story. I love how each of Candace's books had a minor love story going on as a side story.

Also, I didn't really realize until the end of the ser
Melissa
Nov 11, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
This is a charming novel, sweet and funny. I would have liked to jump into the pages and kiss Oliver.
This tale is lots of fun and has many exciting twists.
A must read.
Dana Nelson
Jul 29, 2014 Dana Nelson rated it liked it
Despite my poor opinion of the first two books in this series, I somehow kept reading these. This book was worth the time. My favorite part was actually the side lovd story.
Tonileg
Sep 20, 2011 Tonileg rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
If you are looking for some man-action but don't want to get married and you do like being apart of society, what do you do?
Obviously. You have a secret affair with someone you trust!
This is a story about a strong woman that plays the society game (mostly) within the rules, but if she wasn't born into a rich titled family, she would have been exiled years before from 'ton' society.
Ahhh... double standards abound but are subtly added into the plot with well written prose.
I have a weakness for 'f
S Miller
Jan 27, 2016 Barbara James rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
candace camp
Rhonda Jones
I love Candace Camp her books never dissapoint me. Lady Vivian Carlyle is a dukes daughter who floats the rules of society and does what's she wants. lord Oliver Talbot is all about rules, and thinks Vivian is a hoyden. Opposite do attract when Lady Vivian decides to find out who a jewel thief is that is robbing the ton. Oliver has no choice but to assist the hoyden before she gets in to trouble. Vivian start to seduce him because he is the only man who excites her. Very good.
Catrulz
May 30, 2011 Catrulz rated it it was amazing
I wished I could have read the first two books that went with this. I started reading this book yesterday and finished it today. Love the character Oliver and thought that the character Vivian was the one to bring Oliver out of his stuffiness ways, delightful book that will keep you entertained from the first page to the last and I will have to say that Dora Parkington got treated exactly the way she should have, never could stand those uppity types.
Donna
Apr 05, 2011 Donna rated it it was amazing
Finally, I find a book I loved without any reservations!! I loved everything about this book!! This is the 3rd book in this series, so we had already gotten to know this couple and the tension between them!! Oliver was the perfect uptight, controlled, duty oriented peer and Lydia was free-spiritied and unconventional. I was completely surprised at the villain's identity!!! I, of course, adored the ending!! I wanted this book to just go on and on!!!
Seema
The romantic leads were really well written..some mystery..not very interesting
LemontreeLime
I was a little disappointed in this one, because I really liked the character of Vivian and I didn't feel like it kept the character from the earlier books, but instead introduced a new one. That said, I enjoyed seeing the rest of the cast of characters played through, and I admit i did enjoy meeting the infamous Miss Kitty, and wished there had been more of her in the tale.
Cherolyne
Jul 16, 2015 Cherolyne rated it it was amazing
nice closing..

when Candace first introduce Gregory i was like, "oh no.. leave him alone, he's mine. Dont put him together with Camelia.." and it was all coming true.. Thou they suit each other but i want Gregory for my self.. Too bad..

Oliver and Vivian, i already guess they would end up together. perfect pair. life will never boring for both of them..

Lynanne
Jul 08, 2011 Lynanne rated it really liked it
It took a while to get into this book, but as the story goes on it got better. I liked the opposite personalities of the two main characters. It wasn't the best book of the series, but had a interesting story line. I also liked the side story, but would have liked to see a little more of that. All in all a great book.
Fernanda
:) como não podia deixar de ser a historia é engraçada ou não fosse a CC =D
sem pretensões mas acaba por envolver e criar ambiente.
os personagens são interessantes e com alguma irreverencia o que provoca em algumas "cenas" um sorriso nos lábios!

uma história que se lê muito bem.
Kikkasole
Aug 01, 2012 Kikkasole rated it really liked it
Oliver e Vivian sono decisamente la coppia migliore di tutta la saga. E se a gli altri due libri ho dato 4 stelline, che in verità avrei peferito un 3 e mezzo, questo è 4 e magari qualcosa in più XD

Inoltre anche la coppia coprotagonista, ossia Gregory e Camelia, MERITA
Pamela
Jul 27, 2011 Pamela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dropped
Took too long to get into and even then, I felt disengaged from the story. I might try again when I'm desperate for something to read. It's a standard regency & I believe my review of it is harsh, but lately I've been reading great regencies, so that's why.
Da Kamel
Jun 23, 2013 Da Kamel rated it liked it
I really want to like Candace Camp. I do. I had seen one of her books on sale and almost got it. But it was hard to read this book as I kept starting other books. Story was okay. it didn't grab me as i kept getting distracted.
Mem
Apr 22, 2011 Mem rated it it was amazing
Interesting twist on the London marriage market. Lord Oliver has American cousins to launch and Lady Vivian will assist in this endeavor.
Along the way there is robbery, murder, family interference and assistance, and love.
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • The Bride Wore Scarlet (Fraternitas Aureae Crucis, #2)
  • How to Seduce a Scoundrel (How To #2)
  • To Tempt a Rake (Circle of Sin, #3)
  • Lord Langley Is Back in Town (Bachelor Chronicles, #8)
  • To Wed a Wild Lord (Hellions of Halstead Hall #4)
  • Rules of an Engagement (Adventurers’ Club, #3)
  • A Gentleman Never Tells (The Rogues' Dynasty #4)
  • Just One Season in London
  • Mad About the Earl (Ministry of Marriage, #2)
  • A Wedding Wager (Blackwater Brides, #2)
  • Every Scandalous Secret (Scandalous Lady, #3)
  • A Season of Seduction (James Family, #3)
  • The Year of Living Scandalously (The Secrets of Hadley Green, #1)
  • More Than a Mistress/No Man's Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #1-2)
  • When Harry Met Molly (Impossible Bachelors, #1)
  • Taken by the Prince (Governess Brides #10)
  • By His Majesty's Grace (The Three Graces, #1)
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot
More about Candace Camp...

Willowmere (3 books)
  • A Lady Never Tells (Willowmere, #1)
  • A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere, #2)