Start by marking “Justice at Risk (Benjamin Justice, #3)” as Want to Read:
Justice at Risk (Benjamin Justice, #3)

Justice at Risk (Benjamin Justice #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A Benjamin Justice Mystery

Benjamin Justice knows a reporter is nothing without credibility. He learned the hard way when a Pulitzer was snatched from his grasp. It's been a long, hard climb to find even a fraction of the work he once had. But his fortunes are about to change: Justice has been offered the opportunity to script a documentary for public television.

Only after
Mass Market Paperback, 360 pages
Published May 2nd 2000 by Crimeline (first published May 2nd 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Justice at Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice at Risk

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxSticks & Stones by Madeleine UrbanFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDivide & Conquer by Abigail Roux
Best Gay Cops/ Security Guards/P.I.'s
293rd out of 600 books — 922 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxThe Dark Tide by Josh LanyonZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleDeath of a Pirate King by Josh LanyonAdrien English Mysteries by Josh Lanyon
Best Gay Mystery
217th out of 538 books — 502 voters

More lists with this book...

Ije the Devourer of Books
Another excellent book in the Benjamin Justice series. This third book in the series sees Benjamin slowly drawn into solving the murder of a camerman.

As Ben investigates he begins to unravel and uncover a story of brutality, violence and invisible power.

The story is just brilliant in the way it twists and turns, and as the pieces slowly come together the tension in the story increases into a crescendo of an ending.

Violent and brutal in places but the best in this series so far!
Kevin Klehr
This was my first introduction to Benjamin Justice and as I came in at Book 3, I was dropped in the middle of a fascinating saga.

I'm not really into crime novels, so the murder mystery became secondary to me. But the main character intrigued me. He's his own worst enemy, who at times of elevating himself to a successful career, his moral compass takes over. Both commendable and flawed in the context of the story.

When the author matches Justice's dialogue against others who are paramount to his i
Chris
Very good, but very dark, gay mystery in which Ben meets two very different but compelling men, gets some work putting together a documentary on risky sex, and is drawn into investigating yet another convoluted and dangerous situation. This was dark enough that I need to take a bit of a break from the series...
Linda
Horrible. Just horrible.
Catherine  Mustread
After a relatively mild start (sexually) this third title in the Benjamin Justice series turns to the much darker side of homosexual relationships and could serve as a warning for those curious about such affairs. The graphic and disturbing nature of the description adds to the tension of the mystery and accentuates the flaws of the protagonist who continues to emerge from his self-imposed exile.

I'll be seeking the next few titles in the series, #4 The Limits of Justice, #5 Blind Eye and #6 Moth
Freyja Vanadis
I feel the same way about this book as I do about the television series "Friends": I love the show but I detest the character Ross, and I love it when bad things happen to him. It's the same with the Justice series: I love the books, but I hate the character Benjamin Justice, and it doesn't bother me at all when bad things happen to him because he brings it on himself. He rides roughshod over pretty much every single person he comes across, whether friend or foe. For some reason, John Morgan Wil ...more
_inbetween_
This time I'm trying not use any spoilers. Like the previous Wilson/Justice novel, I might well give it more stars someday.

What I said before re. setting of LA not appealing to me and the big plot surprise being obvious (though it was quite original) still holds true - as does that I like Wilson and his Benjamin Justice very much and wish I could read much more in that world.

As much as I'm bored with gay Hollywood/LA, as much this protagonist is outside of that scene. What critics call "dark" I
Kim
There's a lot going on in this book, a little too much at times, but I found the story interesting. This is not a book for the faint of heart because some brutal stuff happens. I'm looking forward to the next Justice book.
Lori S.
Sometimes I wonder if Benjamin Justice even knows how to quit, but that's neither here nor there, as his persistence not only answers questions which need to be asked, but also puts our, erm, intrepid hero in danger of the worst kind. It's something he's going to have live with for the rest of his life and, yet, some how, he keeps surviving, keeps going in spite of himself.

This is a good book and the series just seems to get better as we go. Next up (and more than half-way read already) The Limi
Writerlibrarian
Crisp, witty and quite dark. This third novel in the Benjamin Justice series opens with Ben quietly celebrating his 40th birthday, getting a professional break witting for tv and being set up for a blind date. First person narrative that brings you along Ben's journey into trying to choose between what's bad for him and what's right. This book has more violence than the others and is more graphic in the description of this violence. Still it's a fast paced, tightly written mystery with a dark tw ...more
Jon
My favorite Benjamine Justice novel! This one will keep you guessing the entire time; mystery, murder, suspense, dark secrets, bdsm - and a thrill ride to keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page is turned!
Shanna
Another great mystery, well plotted with great complex characters. Poor Ben never gets a break does he?
Kelly Fountain
Kelly Fountain marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Xolani
Xolani marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Jerry Kohler
Jerry Kohler marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Lena♥Ribka
Lena♥Ribka marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Monica Louise
Monica Louise marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
John Morgan Wilson is the author of several novels in the Benjamin Justice series as well as two co-written books with band leader Peter Duchin. He's the winner of the Edgar Award and three-time winner of the Lambda Literary Award for the Benjamin Justice novels. He lives in West Hollywood, CA.

Series:
* Benjamin Justice
* Philip Damon Mystery
More about John Morgan Wilson...

Benjamin Justice (8 books)
  • Simple Justice (Benjamin Justice, #1)
  • Revision of Justice (Benjamin Justice, #2)
  • The Limits of Justice (Benjamin Justice, #4)
  • Blind Eye (Benjamin Justice, #5)
  • Moth and Flame (Benjamin Justice, #6)
  • Rhapsody in Blood (Benjamin Justice, #7)
  • Spider Season (Benjamin Justice, #8)
Simple Justice (Benjamin Justice, #1) Revision of Justice (Benjamin Justice, #2) Blind Eye (Benjamin Justice, #5) The Limits of Justice (Benjamin Justice, #4) Spider Season (Benjamin Justice, #8)