Start by marking “Restless Heart (Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
Restless Heart (Heart, #2)

Restless Heart (Heart #2)

He craved her like the earth craved the rain. . .

Sam Carver had the kind of body that turned a woman's head, and the kind of eyes that had seen more than his share of trouble. But he couldn't get enough of the mysterious, ethereal beauty who had showed up in his little Wyoming town, working at the Blue Plate, keeping to herself.

He knew Angeline Hunter was running scared

Published January 25th 2011 by Kensington Brava (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Restless Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restless Heart

Ruth
I have to make a confession. I absolutely LOVED Ruthless Heart. It one of my all-time-favorite books, and it resides permanently on my kindle for moments of stress, illness or airport delays.

Restless Heart is the story of the other sister, the one nearly shot in Ruthless Heart.

I really love the way Emma Lang/Beth Williamson writes, but I love her steam scenes the best of all. They are incredibly well-written and super-hot, but still realistic and stay in the period, and this is absolutely true i
Luvmyfamily
Jan 13, 2015 Luvmyfamily rated it did not like it
Book of the perpetual eye roll! They fell in love in the first 50 pages! Had sex by page 58. Really. The book just went downhill from there. The author was rushing things along way too fast for a historical romance and honestly, it had the feel of a contemporary romance but was set in the 1800's. Not very impressive. The plot had SO much potential. Girl runs away from abusive husband and illegal marriage. Boy helps her learn to love. Big battle with the cruel husband (bigamist). Boy and girl sav ...more
Brandy
Jan 26, 2011 Brandy rated it really liked it
Happy sigh. It was so good being back with Emma Lang. I've been looking forward to reading Angeline's story. To see what she was going through and how she grew as a woman. This is another homerun for me.

Emma Lang is definitely an author I will go back to over and over again. Its so intriguing reading about a time period in the United States that I can sit and reflect on. A time that was simpler and the foundations for the places we live. To see the trials they went through to survive.
Denise

3 1/2 stars.
Not as good as the previous book Ruthless Heart but a good read just the same. I did not feel the immediate "love" between the h and H. In Ruthless Heart, we saw h/H fall in love slowly, in this book, it just states that they were courting, but we didn't see it.
The best was seeing the bad guy get his due. He was also the bad guy in the previous book.
Jane
Mar 09, 2016 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western-romance
Booklover1335
May 29, 2011 Booklover1335 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, 2011-may
This book was a pretty big disappointment for me. I LOVED Ruthless Heart by the same author, but this book seemed...much less than what I expected. With her history of abuse from a sadistic husband, I found it hard to believe that she so willingly embraced her sexuality with Sam with little to no hesitation or reservations. While I can understand her wanting to take charge of her life, it just didn't "feel" right.

I also wish more of the book would have focused on the indoctrinations of her relig
Heather
I really wanted to give this book more of 2 and a half star rating but went with 3 stars because the actual book isn't that bad. I think I just went in with high expectations after reading Ruthless Heart (I LOVE Ruthless Heart, 5 stars for me), even though I had read other reviews that stated that this book was not as good. I did like the way both books ended with the same scene and in this circumstance I favored the lack of an epilogue. I did appreciate the hero having an occupation that you do ...more
Sunny☼
Jun 21, 2012 Sunny☼ rated it liked it
Shelves: hist-western
The story had to be told as it was. The questions left from Ruthless Heart had to be answered. What happened to mean first husband Joshiah? Did Angeline grow a spine? Did she get over her first love Johnathan? Who did she end up with? Did she ever see her sister again? All these and more were answered in this book. There just was too much info crammed into the pages.

On the other hand, the story moved quickly both in plot line and location. The character development was very good. I loved the he
Tiss
Apr 05, 2013 Tiss rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what would happen with this book from Emma Lang, but there was alot of anticipation as to what would happen next.

Angela has escaped from an abusive husband and is on the run with Lettie. They are being hunted by a bounty hunter. Her sister follows and befriends the bounty hunter and then seduces him and they fall in love. He agrees to leave Angel alone. Angel is afraid to love again, but with some events that help that along...
Sam lives in the town that Angel and Lettie escape to.
Gayle
Oct 08, 2015 Gayle rated it liked it
Good read, I enjoy Emma Lang but for the second book it seemed a little lacking as compared to reckless heart. I don't tend to go for historical romance but I did enjoy these by emma lang.
Mandi Suddath
Mar 21, 2014 Mandi Suddath rated it really liked it
This one wasn't quite as good as the first one but did finally get better toward the end now on to the third book
Regina
May 28, 2012 Regina rated it liked it
I was very disappointed with this sequel to Ruthless Heart, which was a much more entertaining story. Unfortunately, Restless Heart was bogged down with a hero I couldn't connect with, a heroine who was too young, and a plot that meandered overlong. There wasn't a whole lot of emotional investment here to these cardboard characters. Historical westerns are one of my favorite genres, so that, along with a heroine on the run from an abusive husband plot, showed lots of promise. It's too bad it end ...more
Natalie Light
Apr 02, 2013 Natalie Light rated it did not like it
That was one of the "what the hell did I just read" books. I know I read and finished it, but I did not enjoy it in the slightest. Why did I continue reading? I don't know, I prefer to finish books, and also I wanted to see if it would improve closer to the end. It did not. The characters were weak, flat, the plot cliche and predictable. It was sort of like reading fanfiction, and I'm guilty of writing fanfiction myself, but you don't expect much from fanfiction, I guess I should not have laid b ...more
E_bookpushers
Jun 18, 2012 E_bookpushers rated it really liked it
As I stated in my brief review of Ruthless Heart I received a copy of this from the author after I started asking questions on twitter. Thank you :).

The hero was certainly the strong silent type. He was extremely patient as he worked to gain Angeline's trust. He also had his own issues between his father's mental illness and his mixed heritage. I loved seeing them heal together. Like book one this deals with some themes and stereotypes that might make people uncomfortable.

I am looking forward
Debbie Dodd
Jun 12, 2015 Debbie Dodd rated it liked it
It was a good story.
Tasha
Apr 04, 2013 Tasha rated it really liked it
Oh My Freaking Gawd. I at first couldn't exactly remember what this book was about then it hit me like a MACK Truck. This is an exciting and thrilling story that I Loved through the entire time.
Eileen
Apr 04, 2012 Eileen rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboys, historical
Angeline and Sam's story is the second story in this trilogy. More of a love story than the adventure that the first book took me on. Great bunch of characters to liven up the story.
Nancy
Jun 23, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
It wasn't as good as the first book. I found the characters less interesting and too much going on storywise. I did enjoy it though.
Kiki
Mar 19, 2014 Kiki rated it did not like it
I hated this book, and almost couldn't finish it. I think I'll skip the third book of this series.
Toya
Jun 14, 2012 Toya rated it liked it
Shelves: epubs
Wasnt as good as Ruthless heart. I felt like the author is using this book to take a stand against Mormon church.
Kay
May 07, 2011 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: western-romance
Liked it. It wrapped up a series, kind of. Sweet but not over the top.
Lori
Feb 17, 2011 Lori rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. So good!
lori
lori added it
Sep 15, 2016
LHC Girl
LHC Girl rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Charlotte1981
Charlotte1981 rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Amela
Amela marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
  • Zeke (Devils on Horseback, #3)
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • The Gunslinger's Untamed Bride (Bride, #2)
  • Audrey and the Maverick (Men of Defiance, #2)
  • One Real Man
  • The Texan's Dream (McLain, #5)
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Outlaw's Bride
  • A Hearing Heart
Emma Lang is the pseudonym of author Beth Williamson. She is an award-winning, bestselling author of both historical and erotic romances.

Born and raised in New York, she holds a B.F.A. in writing from New York University. She lives just outside of Raleigh, North Carolina, with her husband and two sons.
More about Emma Lang...

Heart (3 books)
  • Ruthless Heart (Heart, #1)
  • Endless Heart (Heart, #3)