Start by marking “Animal Instinct (Ghost Cats #1)” as Want to Read:
Animal Instinct (Ghost Cats #1)
Preview

Animal Instinct (Ghost Cats / Instinct #1)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The wild thing she saved is the man she ll desire most.

A Ghost Cats story.

Eve Matthews, head veterinarian at Jameson Wildlife Rescue and Preserve, measures success by no one s rules but her own much to her rich parents distress. A life filled with animals means she s rarely alone. Still, a little human contact of the male variety would be nice.

The only one in her life righ
Published July 6th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published July 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Animal Instinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Instinct

Kami
This is the first story that I have read from Michelle M. Pillow. It is a short story and was pretty good. I love shape shifters and this was about big cats..... Panthers, Lions, Tigers, etc.

Eve Matthews is a vet at Jamison Wildlife Reserve. Her job is her life, she practically lives on the reserve. Eve saves a black panther "Midnight" from being killed by the police after being found injured and almost dead in a barn. Eve comes to the rescue and keeps a close eye on Midnight. Eve feels so prote
Christy Stewart
The werewolf and the vet idea is cute in general, this one is more creepy than cute but that's kinda the charm of these ebooks right?

I'm trying to think what would be a more entertaining spin on this story...I came up with the werewolf and the taxidermist.

Or the werewold and the Bob Barker.
Sheda
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I found myself laughing at some of the one star Amazon reviews of this book. It's like they wouldn't know a good book if it bit them in the butt. Someone had gotten agitated because of the name of the black panther. This person must know nothing about animal lovers. I have known dozens of people who named their animals "Midnight". And that's a pretty tame name compared to some of the monikers out there.

Secondly, some of these same people need to get an imagination. I don't think it's too far fe
Megan
Evelyn Maitland is a veterinarian at a big cat animal preserve. She loves animals and usually feels more comfortable around them than people. While working at the preserve she saves a black panther she names Midnight. Little does she know that Midnight is really a shape shifter and he can’t change until he heals.

The story is only 51 pages long so there isn’t a lot of character development. It would have been very interesting to get more background about the characters to answer some questions b
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Ok, so I didn't realize the book I'd be reading was more of a short story rather than a book....so going into it I thought it would definitely be more developed. We don't know much of the mythology that goes with these shifters, only that Eve nursed Viktor back to health while in his Panther form and how much he wants her. But we only get a surface story. Apparently there are other shifter cats on the preserve, and then apparently suddenly Viktor and Eve are mates, but we don't know how that cam ...more
Delta
Jul 20, 2014 Delta rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of erotic paranormal romance quick reads

Enjoyable, steamy, shifter romance...

Animal Instinct is a quick, enjoyable, steamy shifter romance story. Within the limitations of a shorter story, the characters are well-enough developed and very likable. Pillow's prose has structural variety and flows very nicely, making it easy to immerse oneself in the story. If you like a quick and steamy read, I can recommend Animal Instinct.

Recommended for readers over 18 due to explicit sexual content.
Lilly goes to a hidden from humans shifter bar (which she's unaware of) to find a man to have a one night stand and become pregnant then return to her normal life. What is didn't bargain on was a sexy cougar falling in love with his mate. Great story. Really funny. Great HEA. Can't wait for mason story.
Cullen Confection
Short, would like to have seen the background history delved into. Interesting read and lots of potential for sequels.
Pam
Pam added it
Apr 24, 2015
Cindy Warner
Cindy Warner marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Savanna
Savanna marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Lyndi
Lyndi added it
Mar 13, 2015
Jeanna Conyers
Jeanna Conyers marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Tammy Kuhlmann
Tammy Kuhlmann marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Theza
Theza marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
  • Don't Drink and Hex
  • More than Pride (Supernatural Mates #6)
  • Pack Hunter (Were Chronicles, #8)
  • Mated To The Master (Smut-Shorties, #8)
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attractions, #1)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • Surrounded by Pleasure (Woods Family, #2)
  • Destiny Bewitched (Shadows of Destiny, #4)
  • Caribou's Gift (Kodiak Point, #3.5)
  • Amber Moon (1Night Stand, #23; Prides of the Moon, #1)
  • The Panther's Lair
  • Ryland's Sacrifice (Thrown to the Lions, #1)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
  • Tempting the Jaguar
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
#1 Amazon Bestselling Author
www.MichellePillow.com

Michelle M. Pillow is a multi-published, National Bestselling Author writing in many fiction genres including the Bestselling Dragon-Shifter series Dragon Lords and Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, and the mischievously magical Warlocks MacGregor.

Works also include Lord of the Abyss and Lords of the Va
More about Michelle M. Pillow...

Ghost Cats / Instinct (2 books)
  • Carnal Instinct (Ghost Cats #2)
The Savage King (Lords of the Var, #1) The Barbarian Prince (Dragon Lords #1) The Perfect Prince (Dragon Lords, #2) The Playful Prince (Lords of the Var, #2) The Dark Prince (Dragon Lords #3)