Start by marking “The Way of the Guilty (Hope Street Church Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Way of the Guilty (Hope Street Church Mystery, #3)

The Way of the Guilty (Hope Street Church Mystery #3)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Cooper Lee has a new outlook on life,thanks to her friends at Hope Street Church. Spending time with the Sunrise Bible Study Group nourishes her mind and soul. But home is where the heart is—along with Mrs. Lee’s baked treats—and Cooper is indeed happy to have such a great family to come home to when not spending time with Nathan, a friend from the group who just might be ...more
Published August 31st 2010 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about The Way of the Guilty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way of the Guilty

Beverly
I recently received an advanced reviewer’s copy of The Way of The Guilty by Jennifer Stanley. Amazon shows a release day of August 31st. The Way of The Guilty is the third book in the Hope Street Church Mystery series. Though I have read and enjoyed several of Stanley’s other series, this was the first in this series that I had read. I had high expectations and I was not disappointed. I think the Richmond Times-Dispatch says it best - “Stanley never preaches to her readers, but lets deeds, not w ...more
Susan
This is a nice, solid mystery that moves along well and comes to a good conclusion. I liked the characters although I did find Grammy a little annoying. Since it's the third book in a series, I did feel I lacked a little background information on Cooper, but that didn't spoil my enjoyment of the book. Some of the characters are members of a Bible study group and I thought some of them could have been fleshed out more. There are also detailed discussions from the Bible study that aren't really pe ...more
I think this might be the last of the Hope Street Church mysteries. There aren't any others on the list and the way this one ended could be a perfect happy ending while leaving things open for future books, if more are able to be written.

The mystery itself was awesome and just complicated enough. Copper is a smart sleuth and easy to like. And since I read the other two in the series, I was able to skip over a lot of the bible study items and passages. Again don't get me wrong - God is important
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Patty
I like the characters in this series but I'm afraid I'm going to have to stop reading it. It is advertised as a "church" mystery so I expect it to be pretty clean and upright but this one got to the overly preachy stage for me.

The mystery was well done but I found myself avoiding the book, which is a sure sign that I'm no longer enjoying the series.

Stanley writes several series, so I'll stick with those and let this series go on without me.
Kim
I think that this is the best yet, and not just because my Comfort Cookies recipe is included, even if my name is spelled wrong in the acknowledgments (they left out the "n")
Hmp mohanedi malaka
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
Julie
I keep reading this series and I'm not exactly sure why. I guess it is the Christian aspect that appeals to me. The mysteries themselves are only okay.
Sandy
Excellent "Cozy". Jennifer Stanley's books make you feel so good!
Loraine
Great clean, cozy Christian mystery and romance.
Linda
This whole series is just a fun, clean murder mystery.
Ami
Very cute Richmond-based series.
PWRL
Jul 25, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
O
Brainx
Brainx marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Lori Z
Lori Z marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Cheryl Sminchak-dolacki
Cheryl Sminchak-dolacki marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
  • Murder Has a Sweet Tooth (A Cooking Class Mystery, #5)
  • Hula Done It? (Passport to Peril, #4)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • 'Til Dice Do Us Part (Bunco Babes Mystery, #2)
  • When Last I Died (Mrs. Bradley, #13)
  • Two Down (Crossword Mysteries, #2)
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold, #6)
  • Death, Snow, and Mistletoe (Tori Miracle, #4)
  • Biggie and the Devil Diet
  • A Fatal Appraisal (A Collectible Mystery, #2)
  • The Devil's Closet
  • The Battered Body (A Supper Club Mystery, #5)
  • The Cold Light of Mourning (A Penny Brannigan Mystery #1)
  • Classified as Murder (Cat in the Stacks, #2)
  • A Question of Death: An Illustrated Phryne Fisher Treasury
  • O' Artful Death
  • The Neighbor: Three Inquiries in Political Theology
I’ve got three cozy mysteries series on the shelves these days. The Supper Club Mysteries (JB Stanley Ellery Adams), The Hope Street Church Mysteries (Jennifer Stanley) and the new Books By The Bay Mysteries (written as Ellery Adams).

Please visit my websites at www.jbstanley.com to elleryadamsmysteries.com for more info on my books.

Thank you for supporting mysteries.
More about Jennifer Stanley...
Stirring Up Strife (Hope Street Church Mystery, #1) Path of the Wicked (Hope Street Church Mystery, #2) The World Inside