Start by marking “Apple Orchard Race (Ready, Freddy!, #20)” as Want to Read:
Apple Orchard Race (Ready, Freddy!, #20)

Apple Orchard Race (Ready, Freddy! #20)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  6 reviews
With more than 3.2 million copies sold across all channels, READY, FREDDY! is a huge success with first-grade readers!

Freddy Thresher's first-grade class is taking a field trip to the local apple orchard. Best of all, whoever finds the hidden wooden apples among the real fruit will win $5! But can Freddy get to the prize before Max cheats his way to winning?
Mass Market Paperback, 96 pages
Published July 1st 2010 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Apple Orchard Race, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Apple Orchard Race

Keli O'brien
This early chapter book is from a series called Ready Freddy. This book is about when Freddy's 1st grade class takes a trip to the apple orchard and unfortunately, Freddy's bully Max is also going on the trip. There is a treasure hunt for a wooden apple that the farmer has hid, but Max tries to cheat and makes the both of them lost. Seeing Max as a not so tough guy makes Freddy realize Max isn't too bad after all.

1) What is your opinion of Max?
2)What would you have done if you were in Freddy's p
Seth
Freddy got lost in the orchard! There was a wooden apple hidin in the orchard. Jessie won the contest.
Carly Christensen
Ready Freddy books are better than I thought they'd be.
Callie Stillion
Freddy is ready for anything that Max, the first grade bully might throw at him. Then he finds Max CRYING alone with him. For once Freddy is happy to see Max the bully. Max says, 'Me? Crying? Why would I do that? OK. I was.' But it was hard for Freddy to find his way back to the class. Then Jessie gets the wooden apple, and Max says, 'A girl can`t beat me!'
Jennifer Oaks
I liked that the topic of bullying was incorporated because it is a common issue in schools. I got to learn about how apple cider was made. I did not like the way it stereotyped girls.
Caedmon
Max and Freddy did not listen to Farmer Bob.
kwesi
kwesi marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Eli
Eli marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Kidrobotgirl
Kidrobotgirl marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Ian Morrow
Ian Morrow marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
nat21
nat21 marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Abby Klein was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She earned her teaching credentials at Dartmouth College, where she majored in psychology and education. She then went on to earn her master's degree in reading and language development at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.

Currently she teaches in the same public elementary school she attended as a child in the Los Angeles area. She
More about Abby Klein...

Ready, Freddy! (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3)
  • Don't Sit On My Lunch! (Ready, Freddy!, #4)
  • Talent Show Scardey-Pants (Ready, Freddy! #5)
  • Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)
  • Yikes Bikes! (Ready, Freddy!, #7)
  • Halloween Fraidy-Cat (Ready, Freddy! #8)
  • Shark Tooth Tale (Ready, Freddy!, #9)
  • Super-Secret Valentine (Ready, Freddy!, #10)
Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1) Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3) The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2) Don't Sit On My Lunch! (Ready, Freddy!, #4) Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)