Start by marking “Coffins: The Vampire Archives, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Coffins: The Vampire Archives, Volume 3

Coffins: The Vampire Archives, Volume 3

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A chill inducing and masterful collection of vampire tales, culled from the dark recesses of the nefarious and world renowned Vampires Archives.

Coffins, the third volume in the mass market series, contains some of the best of the best of vampire fiction. Including Harlan Ellison, Robert Bloch, Edgar Allan Poe, and F. Paul Wilson, it takes its readers deep inside the crypts
Published November 23rd 2010 by Vintage

To ask other readers questions about Coffins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coffins

Max Bolongaita
I actually think this books deserves 5 stars. But why on earth did I only put 4? It was because of that goddamned introduction. I love you, Mr. Penzler, but when you noted that Stephanie Meyer as a legitimate vampire author, I wanted to burn the damned book.

I'm glad, however, that the selection of stories within the actual book didn't have a hint of sparkle, so I was immensely relieved. So, yeah. Five stars but a 4 star rating.

Gah. Stephanie Meyer? Really?
Jo Anne
Eh. Some really badly written short stories featuring vampires, with maybe three pretty good ones and two excellent one--Duty by Ed Gorman and Midnight Mass by F. Paul Wilson. Most of the stories felt like they were phoned in. Time to give vampires a rest, hmm?
Metagion
Great choice of stories here, but some I've read before (like "The Horla", for instance and "Ligeia" for another) but other than that some true gems. Browse through a copy if you can :)
Isabella Blaco
I enjoyed this one though I've always been a fan of books with multiple stories. There were one or two that bored me to tears but all in all it's worth reading. Great travel book!
Michael Straub
Michael Straub marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Robert Collins
Robert Collins marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Kelisha Gosa
Kelisha Gosa marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Aleena
Aleena marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Allisha
Allisha marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Danni Elle
Danni Elle marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Ysabeaux Feather
Ysabeaux Feather marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
RAFFY
RAFFY is currently reading it
Oct 15, 2014
Mathew
Mathew marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Sonja
Sonja marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Ramona Johansen
Ramona Johansen marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Otto Penzler is an editor of mystery fiction in the United States, and proprietor of The Mysterious Bookshop in New York City, where he lives.

Otto Penzler founded The Mysteriour Press in 1975 and was the publisher of The Armchair Detective, the Edgar-winning quarterly journal devoted to the study of mystery and suspense fiction, for seventeen years.

Penzler has won two Edgar Awards, for The Encycl
More about Otto Penzler...
The Black Lizard Big Book of Pulps The Lineup: The World's Greatest Crime Writers Tell the Inside Story of Their Greatest Detectives Christmas at The Mysterious Bookshop The Vampire Archives The Black Lizard Big Book of Black Mask Stories