Start by marking “Muppet Sherlock Holmes” as Want to Read:
Muppet Sherlock Holmes

Muppet Sherlock Holmes

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  15 reviews

“Once you eliminate the rational, whatever remains, no matter how absurd, must be the Muppets." Join Gonzo as Sherlock Holmes, the world's greatest detective (19th century champion) and his associates Dr. Watson (Fozzie) and Inspector LeStrade (Kermit) in this issue as they embark on THE ADVENTURE OF THE SPECKLED BAND. Includes a bonus mystery game, WHERE'S MORIARTY? A not

Published March 1st 2011 by Boom Kids

To ask other readers questions about Muppet Sherlock Holmes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muppet Sherlock Holmes

Leo
Parodia de Sherlock Holmes con los Muppets como protagonistas: Gonzo como Holmes, Fozzie el oso como Watson, la rana Gustavo como el inspecttor Lestrade, Miss Piggy intercambiando papeles, referencias a la Tardis y muchas chorradas más. Muy grande.
Garrett Zecker
I have a mild obsession with everything Holmes. Of course, when I was wandering though the local library and was picking out some graphic novels to read with my son at bedtime, this was something that immediately jumped out at me and screamed that we needed to pick it up.

It is a fun Holmesian romp through the streets of Victorian London, and tries to hit up A Scandal in Bohemia, The Red Headed League, and The Musgrove Ritual in one volume and three parts. They, of course, all tie together at th
Melissa
Now I want them to actually make this one into a movie: what could be better than Gonzo and Fozzie as Sherlock and Watson? Gonzo was perfect for the part: solving everything with his absentminded ways. And Kermit as Inspector LeStrade who smartly nudges Holmes in the right direction. The puns abound as usual, and they even included fun puzzles at the end of each issue!
Michael Jones
I loved this installment of the Muppet parodies series (Muppet Snow White, Muppet Peter Pan, Muppet Robin Hood, etc.)! This one is more episodic than some of the others, but it fits in well with the "Sherlock Holmes" theme in that there are several mysteries to solve; as it turns out, there is also a larger story arc that spans the entire graphic novel. Lots of fun! It's also interesting in that Kermit is not Holmes in this GN (you'll never guess who is!)

Jason
I love Sherlock Holmes, and almost always like the Muppets. Unfortunately this comic was just boring throughout all four chapters. There are better Muppets parodies out there.
Kayt
Oh, this was fun. I admit I only picked it up initially because I like the artist, Amy Mebberson, and like Sherlock Holmes. I hadn't watched any Muppets-related in years, so I'd forgotten what they were like: funny.

Familiarity with Sherlock Holmes isn't needed, but it's a bonus since you can tell what the cases are based on. The stories are funny, punny, and jokes abound. As a Sherlock Holmes fan, I also enjoyed the fact that while Gonzo as Holmes was smart, this Lestrade also wasn't played as s
Christina
I loved precisely EVERY WORD of this trade. It had all the fabulously ridiculous puns of the best of the Muppet Show and references galore (police boxes that are bigger than you'd think inside...), with my complete love of Sherlock Holmes. They also picked the very best of the stories to distort completely: The Speckled Band, A Scandal in Bohemia, The Red-Headed League, The Musgrave Ritual, and (briefly) The Final Problem. Ignore completely that it was published by BOOM Kids!, this is something ...more
Sebina~☆~ClassicMaiden
Definitely recommended for Muppets fans. I really enjoyed seeing the Muppets doing Sherlock Holmes; a lot of fun! Also, I LOVED the art which was just perfect.

If you already love the Sherlock Holmes books by Arthur Conan Doyle or the various movies, tv-series etc. based on the books, then the stories will be even more fun and enjoyable.
Cooper Johnson
I've read most of the Muppets books (Boom! editions). This one stood out because it is tremendously funny. The comic sensibility of the Muppet Show is captured well in several of the books (especially Roger Langridge's efforts), but the truly laugh-out-loud moments came the heaviest and most frequently here.
Christiane
Another fun book where Muppet characters reinact classic literature (there's also a King Arthur, Robin Hood, and Peter Pan). The artwork is lovely and there's a lot of humor, though the puns get to be a bit much.
Dan
Another great Muppet twist on a classic story with your favorite characters re-telling the legend of Sherlock Holmes with tons of in jokes and references that Muppet lovers will love.
Jessica
I loved the dry humor but felt the story was hard to follow at times. Maybe it was just me. Loved the Muppets playing Sherlock Holmes.
Angela
Not very good, slightly saved by the Red Headed League story. A real let down after the brilliant Muppets King Arthur.
Emily
Absolutely loved this book! A must for muppet fans of all ages!
Melissa
Comics crack. LOL!
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Dana Rector
Dana Rector marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Mohammad
Mohammad marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Aaron Ingram
Aaron Ingram marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Resa
Resa marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Kyah
Kyah marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014