The Little Ballerina

The Little Ballerina

4.9 of 5 stars 4.90  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Illustrated children's book. Carol is apparently recovering from polio. Her legs are not strong. The doctor recommends ballet, and she begins to become a little ballerina.
20 pages
Published January 1st 1958 by Rand McNally & Company

To ask other readers questions about The Little Ballerina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Ballerina

Terri Berr
This is one of my favorite books from childhood. It inspired me to keep trying to do different things until I became better. Then when I had health issues, I remembered that the little ballerina took ballet classes. I can't do that, but I am taking exercise classes now. I can even walk without a cane. Didn't think she would inspire me twice.
Andrea
This was one of my favorite childhood books (1958 edition)
Eileen
This book is a treasured childhood memory.
Mckinley
Interesting story of a little girl with weak legs who takes up dancing. A lot of information about ballet steps and training. Both little girls and boys are shown.
Connie
One of my favorite books from my childhood. I took ballet, too, and I used to copy the moves from the pages.
Sharon
This is the book - one of the very few - books I owned as a child. I loved it beyond measure. Sadly, I realize now, that I wanted to get polio (it was the big scare of my childhood) so that I could take ballet! My parents knew nothing of dance, and I wanted more than anything to take ballet lessons. I still love the message, and one of these days, I'll have to get myself a copy! And, I always thought I looked just like the girl in the book!
Dani
My favorite childhood book after the Illustrated Children's Bible.
Niki
My favorite book from childhood.
Liz
One of my favorites as a child.
Melissa Degroot
Melissa Degroot marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Machell Huene
Machell Huene marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Riana
Riana marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Jay Kowalski
Jay Kowalski marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Mahnoor Shahid
Mahnoor Shahid marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Peppermint Little Majorette The Mulberry Bush Trudy Phillips, New Girl The Little Rabbit Who Wanted Red Wings