Start by marking “Who Was Daniel Boone?” as Want to Read:
Who Was Daniel Boone?

Who Was Daniel Boone? (Who Was/Is...?)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Called the "Great Pathfinder", Daniel Boone is most famous for opening up the West to settlers through Kentucky. A symbol of America's pioneering spirit Boone was a skilled outdoorsman and an avid reader although he never attended school. Sydelle Kramer skillfully recounts Boone's many adventures such as the day he rescued his own daughter from kidnappers.
Published September 7th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published September 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Who Was Daniel Boone?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Was Daniel Boone?

Parker Cox
I thought this book was excellent. It told the biography of what Daniel Boone did in his life. Daniel Boone loved to be outdoors since he was a kid. He could shoot and track animals better than any person he knew. He moved a lot, he did not like to be indoors or in one place. He moved to Kentucky which was Indian land at the time. He had to fight with Indians for territory and farm land. Read this book to find out what happens next.
Caleb Mckenzie
This was the first chapter book I read by myself. I read it out loud, but usually no one was sitting by me. I liked Daniel Boone. He could cut wood when he was 5.
Nathaniel Mckenzie
It was ok. He became an Indian and when the French/Indian war started he didn't know what side he was going to be on. But then he went to the British side.
Carly Christensen
I liked it because it taught you how to live in the wild like Daniel Boone. And I learned about Daniel Boone.
Matthew
Hopefully people will not judge this book by its awful cover. Inside the biography of well-written for its target audience, quite thorough considering its length and target audience (with the added benefit of age-appropriate discussions of Boone's break from Quakerism and ownership of slaves), and augmented by nice line drawings by another (superior) artist.
Esther May
Daniel Boone was such an interesting character. He really did help shape America. It is too bad that so many lives were affected as "Americans" moved west. Wish I could re-write history sometimes with everyone just getting along and being friends and neighbors. Daniel Boone had tons of courage and drive to do what he did.
Acton
In Who Was Daniel Boone? it tells a tale of Daniel Boone's life and the challenges, achievements and personal change he went through himself. He was called "Big Turtle" by the Native Americans and was the best shot whereever he went. I recommend this book because of all the exciting parts.
Jones Family
It was exciting and funny it told about his life. It told what he like to do and interesting facts about him. And about his family and what he did when he was young
Shanda Strawkas
Brayton enjoyed reading about Daniel Boone. Especially when he found out that he is a distant relative.
Limegreenskulls
Very good book can't wait to read more about him. He was very interesting to read about.
Sebastian Petersen
GREAT BOOK DANIEL BOON DID SOME NICE HUNTING
!!!!!!!!!!!
Samuel

I like this book. Daniel Boone was Famous. The end
Cristy Odle
Loved reading this with my 7 year old son!
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Caden Hoover
Caden Hoover marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Sara
Sara added it
Sep 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sydelle Kramer is the author of many nonfiction graded readers. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
More about Sydelle Kramer...
Who Was Ferdinand Magellan? To the Top!: Climbing the World's Highest Mountain Wagon Train Baseball's Greatest Hitters Basketball's Greatest Players