Who Was Daniel Boone?

Who Was Daniel Boone? (Who Was/Is...?)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Called the "Great Pathfinder", Daniel Boone is most famous for opening up the West to settlers through Kentucky. A symbol of America's pioneering spirit Boone was a skilled outdoorsman and an avid reader although he never attended school. Sydelle Kramer skillfully recounts Boone's many adventures such as the day he rescued his own daughter from kidnappers.
Published September 7th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published September 1st 2006)

Esther May
Daniel Boone was such an interesting character. He really did help shape America. It is too bad that so many lives were affected as "Americans" moved west. Wish I could re-write history sometimes with everyone just getting along and being friends and neighbors. Daniel Boone had tons of courage and drive to do what he did.
Caleb Mckenzie
This was the first chapter book I read by myself. I read it out loud, but usually no one was sitting by me. I liked Daniel Boone. He could cut wood when he was 5.
Carly Christensen
I liked it because it taught you how to live in the wild like Daniel Boone. And I learned about Daniel Boone.
Matthew
Hopefully people will not judge this book by its awful cover. Inside the biography of well-written for its target audience, quite thorough considering its length and target audience (with the added benefit of age-appropriate discussions of Boone's break from Quakerism and ownership of slaves), and augmented by nice line drawings by another (superior) artist.
Acton
In Who Was Daniel Boone? it tells a tale of Daniel Boone's life and the challenges, achievements and personal change he went through himself. He was called "Big Turtle" by the Native Americans and was the best shot whereever he went. I recommend this book because of all the exciting parts.
Jones Family
It was exciting and funny it told about his life. It told what he like to do and interesting facts about him. And about his family and what he did when he was young
Shanda Strawkas
Brayton enjoyed reading about Daniel Boone. Especially when he found out that he is a distant relative.
Limegreenskulls
Very good book can't wait to read more about him. He was very interesting to read about.
Sebastian Petersen
GREAT BOOK DANIEL BOON DID SOME NICE HUNTING
!!!!!!!!!!!
Samuel

I like this book. Daniel Boone was Famous. The end
Cristy Odle
Loved reading this with my 7 year old son!
Lemniskate67
Lemniskate67 is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2014
Countrygirl_TN
Countrygirl_TN marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Ravyn
Ravyn marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Maria
Maria added it
Mar 16, 2014
Laura is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2014
Sayde Edwards
Sayde Edwards marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Elise
Elise added it
Feb 12, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Rachel Oxendine
Rachel Oxendine marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Karen Gerteisen
Karen Gerteisen marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sydelle Kramer is the author of many nonfiction graded readers. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
More about Sydelle Kramer...
Who Was Ferdinand Magellan? To the Top!: Climbing the World's Highest Mountain Wagon Train Baseball's Greatest Hitters Basketball's Greatest Players