Start by marking “Who Was Daniel Boone?” as Want to Read:
Who Was Daniel Boone?

Who Was Daniel Boone? (Who Was/Is...?)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  173 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Called the "Great Pathfinder", Daniel Boone is most famous for opening up the West to settlers through Kentucky. A symbol of America's pioneering spirit Boone was a skilled outdoorsman and an avid reader although he never attended school. Sydelle Kramer skillfully recounts Boone's many adventures such as the day he rescued his own daughter from kidnappers.
Published September 7th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published September 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Who Was Daniel Boone?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Was Daniel Boone?

Claire Roberts
Nov 11, 2015 Claire Roberts rated it liked it
Who Was Daniel Boone? is a biography written by Sydelle Kramer. In this biography she goes through Daniel Boone's life and his lasting impact on the development of our country. Daniel was called the "Frontiersman", at a young age he learned the ways of the land, and met many Native American friends. As Boone grew older, he kept his respect for Native Americans and settled to many different places towards the west.
This book is an easy fun read for young readers and is very informative on the lif
Jenna R
Feb 25, 2015 Jenna R rated it liked it
I like this book was really good. It talks about Daniel Boone's life. He loves the outdoors. He gets married to a girl and they have a family together and they live in the woods. As a kid Daniel made sure he got chicken pox because he knew that he would not get it again. He and his sister ended up getting sick with the chicken pox. Daniel came from a big family and he had one to. Daniel hunt I order for his family to eat. Sometimes he was gone along time so his wife had to take care of the kids.
Parker Cox
Nov 19, 2014 Parker Cox rated it really liked it
I thought this book was excellent. It told the biography of what Daniel Boone did in his life. Daniel Boone loved to be outdoors since he was a kid. He could shoot and track animals better than any person he knew. He moved a lot, he did not like to be indoors or in one place. He moved to Kentucky which was Indian land at the time. He had to fight with Indians for territory and farm land. Read this book to find out what happens next.
Jared H
Abdul Khasim
May 26, 2015 Abdul Khasim rated it it was amazing
This book is about the life of Daniel Boone. He was an American pioneer, explorer, a woodsman, and a frontiersman. He was born on a homestead in PA. He got his first rifle when he was 12. He was a very good hunter. He died September 26, 1820. I would recommended this book to people.
Charlotte Osborn-bensaada
Dec 21, 2014 Charlotte Osborn-bensaada rated it really liked it
I really like this series of biographies developed for the 3rd/4th grade range. What I found particularly useful about this book was how it connected and contextualized the French-Indian War, American Revolution and the push West.
Luke Ewell
Jun 13, 2015 Luke Ewell rated it really liked it
Daniel loved being outside and he risked his life, as a little boy, to be outside. He wanted to live in Kentucky but the Indians, who lived there, almost killed him. He had a big family.
Caleb
Feb 06, 2014 Caleb rated it liked it
This was the first chapter book I read by myself. I read it out loud, but usually no one was sitting by me. I liked Daniel Boone. He could cut wood when he was 5.
Nathaniel
Sep 09, 2014 Nathaniel rated it it was ok
It was ok. He became an Indian and when the French/Indian war started he didn't know what side he was going to be on. But then he went to the British side.
Carly Christensen
Apr 17, 2014 Carly Christensen rated it really liked it
I liked it because it taught you how to live in the wild like Daniel Boone. And I learned about Daniel Boone.
MissyLynne
Decent.
Learned some things I never knew about Daniel Boone.
Doris Raines
Kevyn
Mar 22, 2015 Kevyn added it
A good book.
Matthew
Hopefully people will not judge this book by its awful cover. Inside the biography of well-written for its target audience, quite thorough considering its length and target audience (with the added benefit of age-appropriate discussions of Boone's break from Quakerism and ownership of slaves), and augmented by nice line drawings by another (superior) artist.
Esther May
Oct 15, 2014 Esther May rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
Daniel Boone was such an interesting character. He really did help shape America. It is too bad that so many lives were affected as "Americans" moved west. Wish I could re-write history sometimes with everyone just getting along and being friends and neighbors. Daniel Boone had tons of courage and drive to do what he did.
Acton
May 13, 2010 Acton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: charlie
In Who Was Daniel Boone? it tells a tale of Daniel Boone's life and the challenges, achievements and personal change he went through himself. He was called "Big Turtle" by the Native Americans and was the best shot whereever he went. I recommend this book because of all the exciting parts.
Jones Family
Sep 11, 2008 Jones Family rated it really liked it
Shelves: mitch
It was exciting and funny it told about his life. It told what he like to do and interesting facts about him. And about his family and what he did when he was young
Shanda Strawkas
Jun 11, 2013 Shanda Strawkas rated it really liked it
Shelves: critters-books
Brayton enjoyed reading about Daniel Boone. Especially when he found out that he is a distant relative.
Limegreenskulls
Very good book can't wait to read more about him. He was very interesting to read about.
Sebastian Petersen
Sep 29, 2012 Samuel rated it it was amazing

I like this book. Daniel Boone was Famous. The end
Cristy Odle
Jun 27, 2013 Cristy Odle rated it it was amazing
Loved reading this with my 7 year old son!
Bennett
Bennett rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Jayden Mahoney
Jayden Mahoney marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Stacey Brooke
Stacey Brooke marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Jacob C
Jacob C rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Who Was George Washington?
  • Who Was Louis Armstrong?
  • Who Was Thomas Jefferson?
  • Who Was Thomas Alva Edison?
  • Who Was Marco Polo?
  • Who Was Harry Houdini?
  • Who Was Eleanor Roosevelt?
  • Who Was Sacagawea?
  • Who Was Elvis Presley?
  • Who Was Mark Twain?
  • Who Was Ronald Reagan?
  • Who Was Martin Luther King, Jr.?
  • Who Was Annie Oakley?
  • Who Was William Shakespeare?
  • Who Was Queen Elizabeth?
  • Who Was Amelia Earhart?
  • Who Was Anne Frank?
  • Who Was Abraham Lincoln?
Sydelle Kramer is the author of many nonfiction graded readers. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
More about Sydelle Kramer...

Who Was/Is...? (1 - 10 of 128 books)
  • Who Was Abigail Adams?
  • Who Was Abraham Lincoln?
  • Who Was Albert Einstein?
  • Who Was Alexander Graham Bell?
  • Who Was Alexander the Great?
  • Who Was Alfred Hitchcock?
  • Who Was Amelia Earhart?
  • Who Was Andy Warhol?