Start by marking “Coco Chanel. Ein Leben.” as Want to Read:
Coco Chanel. Ein Leben.

Coco Chanel. Ein Leben.

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  207 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Sie hat die Grundlinie der Mode im 20. Jahrhundert geprägt. Sie kürzte den Rock, schuf das Badekostüm der Frau, den Modeschmuck und »das kleine Schwarze«, das ein Grundbestandteil der modernen Damengarderobe ist. Sie brachte das erste Parfum auf den Markt, das nicht nach einer Blume roch. Durch sie wurde Paris das Modezentrum der Welt: Coco Chanel. Ihre Biographie ist das ...more
Published April 1994 by Fischer-Taschenbuch-Verl (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Coco Chanel. Ein Leben., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coco Chanel. Ein Leben.

Pauline
C'est vraiment très intéressant. Chanel était une personnalité plutôt ambiguë sous beaucoup d'aspects, mais force est de constater que son itinéraire force le respect.
En ce qui concerne la biographie, l'écriture est un peu pénible parfois, surtout dans ses premiers chapitres, avec un grand abus de points de suspension et de grandes déclarations mélodramatiques.
Iulia Moldovan
Dec 28, 2014 Iulia Moldovan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was interested in finding out more about her creative side and her business but instead I learned about politics and what not. Too many unnecessary details, in my opinion.
Cristiana Lupu
I am not a big fashionista, nor will I be, so I was not particularly interested in Coco Chanel - the fashion influencer. However, having received this book as a gift, I dived right into it, hoping that the exciting life of Coco would entrance me and make me finish the book in no time. I've had mixed feelings along the way, which I would summarize like this - written in a precious French style which I could guess from the translation, it puts Coco in a faint background and describes more the cult ...more
Philipp Müller
Jan 24, 2009 Philipp Müller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I mean I'm still reading it. And I found it by accident in a nursing home where I worked at that time. The book is about emancipation of the woman by just being herself, especially when it comes to what it means to dress as a woman at that time. She grew up in the late 19. century as a orphan, ( her father still lived at that time but put her and her siblings into the hands of nuns at a cloister...) and began her career as a fashion designer in the early years of the 20. century. The circumstanc ...more
Ioana
Dec 01, 2015 Ioana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the book because I was curious about the life of a fashion icon. It was an interesting read, although there were too many details presented in the book, which made some areas boring.
Petra Schuller
Aug 28, 2015 Petra Schuller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
coco oh coco
what a book what a woman!!!
amazing story, and so impressive. i never thought i will like that book but boy oh boy i did, i truly did
Tina
Mar 22, 2008 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was going through a stage in my life when I was absolutely fascinated by women who achieved their dreams after experiencing hardships in their lives.

Chanel was an amazing woman who was a forward thinker and way ahead of her time. This book is so well written and the author gives a marvelous insight to Coco Chanel. Her innovative 'fake' jewelery collections, the infamous 'little black dress' and of course, her signature perfume - Chanel No. 5. It's all here in this great book.
Ciucă
Sep 08, 2015 Ciucă rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cartea e ok, prea multe date istorice, din punctul meu de vedere.
Robert
Aug 16, 2012 Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am fortunate enough to own an early 'coffee table sized' edition of this work, which contains many photographs and illustrations of CoCo's public and private life and creativeness. I note many other biographies that I have subsequently read of this incredible person's life refer back to this author's work and rightly so. In paperback or illustrated (narrative almost identical) I found this work immensely readble and enlightening.
Jade Webber-crothers
I really enjoyed this book, It was very well written and gives you an insight into to her very interesting life. Chanel was an amazing woman who was a forward thinker and way ahead of her time.
Susu
Readin g in Frensch - harder than I thought... I have to admit that I didnt understand every word and at some point I stopped thumbing the dictionary - so I couldnt really start judging this book. ...more
Simone
May 17, 2013 Simone rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very personal look at Chanel. If the author weren't so utterly charming, her voice would get in the way. As it is, it adds spice to an already fairly piquant story.
Sarah Léa
May 22, 2007 Sarah Léa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
3 movies about Mademoiselle Chanel next year...
Please dream your own before being mediattacked !
Diana Paula
Diana Paula marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Georgiana Geea
Georgiana Geea marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Edazice
Edazice marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Elena Repede
Elena Repede marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Laís Ribeiro
Laís Ribeiro rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Oleuanna Twig
Oleuanna Twig marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Diana
Diana rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2016
Raphaëlle
Raphaëlle marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Betty Lee
Betty Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Ana-Maria
Ana-Maria marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Veronica
Veronica rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
  • Running Linux
  • Wheelers
  • The Goon Show Scripts
  • Writing Solid Code
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky
  • Scrisori imaginare
  • Iubiri paralele
  • See Naples and Die
  • Superstrings And The Search For The Theory Of Everything
  • Only Child: Writers on the Singular Joys and Solitary Sorrows of Growing Up Solo
  • Een dwaze maagd
  • Marilyn dernières séances
November 1966, Edmonde Charles-Roux receives the Prix Goncourt for her novel « Oublier Palerme » - 1966 Grasset (« To Forget Palermo » – Delacourt Press, 1968). This prestigious prize brings to the limelight a writer who before had been relatively unknown. Daughter of a French Ambassador, she could have lived out her life as part of the upper-class bourgeoisie, but she chose to follow a far more p ...more
More about Edmonde Charles-Roux...