Start by marking “Coco Chanel. Ein Leben.” as Want to Read:
Coco Chanel. Ein Leben.

Coco Chanel. Ein Leben.

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Sie hat die Grundlinie der Mode im 20. Jahrhundert geprägt. Sie kürzte den Rock, schuf das Badekostüm der Frau, den Modeschmuck und »das kleine Schwarze«, das ein Grundbestandteil der modernen Damengarderobe ist. Sie brachte das erste Parfum auf den Markt, das nicht nach einer Blume roch. Durch sie wurde Paris das Modezentrum der Welt: Coco Chanel. Ihre Biographie ist das ...more
Published April 1994 by Fischer-Taschenbuch-Verl (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Coco Chanel. Ein Leben., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coco Chanel. Ein Leben.

Sophie Chloe
very historically written, sometimes hard to understand. i kinda love it though!
Cristiana Lupu
I am not a big fashionista, nor will I be, so I was not particularly interested in Coco Chanel - the fashion influencer. However, having received this book as a gift, I dived right into it, hoping that the exciting life of Coco would entrance me and make me finish the book in no time. I've had mixed feelings along the way, which I would summarize like this - written in a precious French style which I could guess from the translation, it puts Coco in a faint background and describes more the cult ...more
Philipp Müller
I mean I'm still reading it. And I found it by accident in a nursing home where I worked at that time. The book is about emancipation of the woman by just being herself, especially when it comes to what it means to dress as a woman at that time. She grew up in the late 19. century as a orphan, ( her father still lived at that time but put her and her siblings into the hands of nuns at a cloister...) and began her career as a fashion designer in the early years of the 20. century. The circumstanc ...more
Iulia Moldovan
I was interested in finding out more about her creative side and her business but instead I learned about politics and what not. Too many unnecessary details, in my opinion.
Tina
I was going through a stage in my life when I was absolutely fascinated by women who achieved their dreams after experiencing hardships in their lives.

Chanel was an amazing woman who was a forward thinker and way ahead of her time. This book is so well written and the author gives a marvelous insight to Coco Chanel. Her innovative 'fake' jewelery collections, the infamous 'little black dress' and of course, her signature perfume - Chanel No. 5. It's all here in this great book.
Robert
I am fortunate enough to own an early 'coffee table sized' edition of this work, which contains many photographs and illustrations of CoCo's public and private life and creativeness. I note many other biographies that I have subsequently read of this incredible person's life refer back to this author's work and rightly so. In paperback or illustrated (narrative almost identical) I found this work immensely readble and enlightening.
Pauline
C'est vraiment très intéressant. Chanel était une personnalité plutôt ambiguë sous beaucoup d'aspects, mais force est de constater que son itinéraire force le respect.
En ce qui concerne la biographie, l'écriture est un peu pénible parfois, surtout dans ses premiers chapitres, avec un grand abus de points de suspension et de grandes déclarations mélodramatiques.
Jade Webber-crothers
I really enjoyed this book, It was very well written and gives you an insight into to her very interesting life. Chanel was an amazing woman who was a forward thinker and way ahead of her time.
Susu
Readin g in Frensch - harder than I thought... I have to admit that I didn´t understand every word and at some point I stopped thumbing the dictionary - so I couldn´t really start judging this book.
Simone
A very personal look at Chanel. If the author weren't so utterly charming, her voice would get in the way. As it is, it adds spice to an already fairly piquant story.
Sarah Léa
May 22, 2007 Sarah Léa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
3 movies about Mademoiselle Chanel next year...
Please dream your own before being mediattacked !
Bhavya Parmar
Bhavya Parmar marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
TiltedGlint
TiltedGlint marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Roxana
Roxana is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
Hadeel Arwak
Hadeel Arwak marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Andra Andrus
Andra Andrus is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2015
Ioana Puricel
Ioana Puricel marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Ele
Ele is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2015
Alina Saioc
Alina Saioc marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Stef Blue
Stef Blue marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Running Linux
  • Mathematics: The New Golden Age
  • The Goon Show Scripts
  • Writing Solid Code
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • Wheelers
  • Masquerade
  • Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky
  • Chanel: A Woman of Her Own
  • Deșertul pentru totdeauna
  • The Beautiful Fall: Lagerfeld, Saint Laurent, and Glorious Excess in 1970s Paris
  • The Allure of Chanel
  • Chanel: The Vocabulary of Style
  • Untold Stories
  • Day In Day Out: A Novel
  • See Naples and Die
  • The Life of Irene Nemirovsky: 1903-1942
  • D.V.
November 1966, Edmonde Charles-Roux receives the Prix Goncourt for her novel « Oublier Palerme » - 1966 Grasset (« To Forget Palermo » – Delacourt Press, 1968). This prestigious prize brings to the limelight a writer who before had been relatively unknown. Daughter of a French Ambassador, she could have lived out her life as part of the upper-class bourgeoisie, but she chooses to follow a far more ...more
More about Edmonde Charles-Roux...
Chanel and Her World: Friends, Fashion, and Fame Oublier Palerme Théâtre de la Mode Un Désir d'Orient. Jeunesse d'Isabelle Eberhardt, 1877-1899 Nomade j'étais.  Les Années africaines d'Isabelle Eberhardt.