Start by marking “I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave” as Want to Read:
I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave

I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave (Domestic Equalizers #7)

When someone makes a killing in the country music business, it's time to call in Debbie Sue and Edwina—the Domestic Equalizers—whose motto is, "Don't get mad, get evidence."

The career of former Queen of Country Music, Darla Denman, ain't what it used to be. No more big arenas—she's lucky to fill a barroom—and now she's forced to tour (by bus!) with the detestable Roxie Jo
Published April 5th 2011 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published March 17th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave

Kathy Leitle
May 17, 2011 Kathy Leitle rated it really liked it
I read the books in this series just because the titles are so fun and the interaction between the two main characters, Debbie Sue and Edwina, makes me laugh. Some of the lines are laugh-out-loud funny.
Darlene
May 05, 2011 Darlene rated it liked it
I always enjoy anything from Dixie Cash. Fun reads in between something more intense. They are funny.
Sara
May 23, 2011 Sara rated it it was ok
Thanks but no thanks. The author tried way to hard to create quintessential small-town Texas. Nothing really happened until the last third of the book. Don't waste your time.
Valerie
Great book. I really enjoyed reading once I finally had the time to sit down and read it. Good for an easy and light read.
Donna B.
Oct 25, 2013 Donna B. rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed the series of books from Dixie Cash. I hope the sisters will continue writing!
The expressions and the characters Debbie Sue and Edwina are hilarious.
Gladys
Aug 01, 2013 Gladys rated it liked it
Quick, funny summer read
Catherine
When I picked this book up I was under the mistaken impression that it was a mystery. I knew it would have comedy in, but I honestly thought it would be a funny mystery like the Stephanie Plum books. It turns out, this book is Chick-Lit. Now, if you’re a Chick-Lit lover then that’s great, but I am most definitely not. The mystery did finally crop up around page 200, but it was too late to win me over. Especially when it wasn’t even a serious mystery.

The setup for Darla and her gang was humorous,
Traci
Jun 20, 2011 Traci rated it really liked it
When someone makes a killing in the country music business, it's time to call in Debbie Sue and Edwina - the Domestic Equalizers - whose motto is, "don't get mad, get evidence." The career of former Queen of Country Music Darla Denman ain't what it used to be. No more big arenas - she's lucky to fill a barroom - and now she's forced to tour (by bus!) with the detestable Roxie Jo, current wife of Darla's manager/ex-husband. So when her rattletrap tour bus gives up the ghost outside tiny Salt ...more
Roberta Sallee
Sep 06, 2011 Roberta Sallee rated it liked it
I picked this book up at the library randomly and was surprised and pleased at how much I enjoyed it.

One question, though, to those who've read it: How did the husbands know to come and rescue the "detectives" at the funeral home? I feel like a page was missing.

I enjoyed the characters and their interactions. When they got to Nashville and I totally identified with the places and locations she included.

Mendy
Jun 25, 2011 Mendy rated it really liked it
This is a murder mystery where the murder doesn't even happen until the last 1/4 of the book. Most of it is just background information about how nasty the one murdered was. There is a surprising switch at the end of the book that I didn't see coming. Probably should have but that it what I love about DIxie Cash. I get wrapped up on the humor, characters, and the witty one liners I forget about the "mystery" the Domestic Equalizers are trying to solve.
Jessica
Jun 11, 2011 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book all the way through until the very end. The twist at the end was too bizarre for me to even wrap my head around and seemed totally unnecessary. I usually love the books in this series and I was patiently waiting for this one to come out and I am sad that I was disappointed at "who-dun-it". Hoping that the next book gets back on track!
Joelle
Jun 19, 2011 Joelle rated it liked it
This was a nice easy read to pass the time. Love these two women detectives running and agency and running a salon and how well they get along together. I missed the tons of laughs in this book but caught myself smiling every now and then they do some crazy things like play poker with candy bars. LOL
Bernette Beals
Apr 10, 2015 Bernette Beals rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave review

This book is another fun filled installment in the Domestic Equalizers series written by the sister duo Dixie Cash. Very entertaining stuff.
Julie
Sep 18, 2011 Julie rated it it was ok
I love hairdressers and I love amateur sleuths and I love Southern women, but the crime to be solved in this book didn't even occur until more than two-thirds of the way through the book. And it's not like the build up to it was gripping. Disappointing.
Rebecca Dauber
Mar 20, 2016 Rebecca Dauber rated it it was amazing
I rarely give a book 5 stars, but I couldn't resist. This book was fresh, funny and laugh-out-loud hysterical. The mystery kept me guessing right up til the very end. Great story! I look forward to reading more books by Dixie Cash.
Jade Gotter
Jul 07, 2015 Jade Gotter rated it liked it
This book doesn't pretend to be a great piece of literature, but rather a quirky little easy-to-read book that is great as a summer beach read. It did serve its purpose, as I enjoyed it as a light-reading chic-lit, and found myself chuckling a couple of times.
Shannon
Jul 22, 2012 Shannon rated it it was ok
This was my least favorite of the Domestic Equalizer books. For the most part, in my opinion, the story dragged along for the first 3/4 of the book and then the ending was rushed and not as well written as I have come to expect from the Dixie Cash sisters.
Bonnie Lazaruk
Aug 16, 2012 Bonnie Lazaruk rated it liked it

It was okay. I don't think I will read another by this author. The titles are sure cute.
Jan
Dec 29, 2011 Jan rated it liked it
not a mystery, not a great plot, so so writing, but Debbie Sue and Edwina are fun, and the titles in this series are amusing
Julia Wilson
Jul 04, 2012 Julia Wilson rated it it was amazing
Another good one with many twists. However, I am taking a break from her books. Think I need something different.
Mar 31, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Greatfun

This one is as entertaining as they all are. Light, fun easy read. I will be choosing another one soon.
Rhoda Paramore
Rhoda Paramore rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2013
Cammie
Cammie rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2012
Cassidy
Cassidy rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Natalie Leonardo
Natalie Leonardo rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2012
Kristen
Kristen rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2011
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2012
Joanie
Joanie rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Kim Moore
Kim Moore rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
  • Happily Ever Madder: Misadventures of a Mad Fat Girl
  • All for One (The Four Lindas, #3)
  • Bean There, Done That (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #3)
  • Murder à la Flambé (Southern Pasta Shop, #2)
  • The Blue-Ribbon Jalapeno Society Jubilee (Cadillac, Texas, #1)
  • Dead Suite (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #4)
  • Sick of Shadows (Elizabeth MacPherson, #1)
  • Shot Through Velvet (Crime of Fashion, #7)
  • Dead Bolt (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #2)
  • Knit Fast, Die Young (Knitting Mysteries, #2)
  • Artful Dodger (Maggie Kean Misadventures, #1)
  • A Fitting End (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #2)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
  • The Hotel Riviera
  • With a Little Luck
  • Till Death Do Us Purl (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #4)
  • Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #5)
  • Thug Guard (A Cozy Cash Mystery #1)
Dixie Cash is Pamela Cumbie and her sister Jeffery McClanahan. They grew up in West Texas during the great oil boom, an era filled with "real-life fictional" characters who cry to be written about. Pam has always had a zany sense of humor, and Jeffery has always had a dry wit. Surrounded by cowboys and steeped in country-western music, when they can stop laughing long enough, they work together ...more
More about Dixie Cash...

Domestic Equalizers (8 books)
  • Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash (Domestic Equalizers Book 1)
  • My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Great (Domestic Equalizers Book 2)
  • I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers Book 3)
  • Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 4)
  • Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 5)
  • Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue (Domestic Equalizers)
  • You Can Have My Heart, but Don't Touch My Dog (The Domestic Equalizers Book 8)