Start by marking “Mother-Daughter Knits: 30 Designs to Flatter and Fit” as Want to Read:
Mother-Daughter Knits: 30 Designs to Flatter and Fit

Mother-Daughter Knits: 30 Designs to Flatter and Fit

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  5 reviews
After decades of teaching, designing, and writing about knitting, Sally Melville knows how to customize knitting patterns to fit a wide variety of body types perfectly. With a little planning and subtle alterations, you can make a garment that is just right for you! In Mother-Daughter Knits, Sally shares this knowledge for the first time.

Together with her daughter, fellow...more
Published January 11th 2011 by Potter Craft (first published March 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mother-Daughter Knits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mother-Daughter Knits

Elizabeth
Whether or not I end up making any of the patterns in this book, I think its true value is in its first chapter: ten pages of practical advice on how to take your body measurements and adjust sweater patterns so that the finished sweater looks good on you, makes you look good, and fits.
Kristie
Loved the beginning section on shapes and measuring. Great ideas on what to pair with different sizing. Most of the projects are very classic lines. What I didn't like was he are all pieced items. Would have liked something that was constructed in one piece.
Saleris
Liked it. There's a couple patterns in this I'd really like to knit (and luckily, I've the got the yarn to knit one of them).
Janna
Several intriguing designs, many of which I'll probably explore. Usual XRX encouragement of authorial solipsism, crap editing, and inexplicably ugly book design are evident throughout, however.
Kristine
This was a delightful book. I haven't connected with any of Sally Melvilles books before now, but this one really had a great combo between her and her daughters designs.
Kassie
Kassie marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Cathey
Cathey marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Wyzola
Wyzola marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Jenny B
Jenny B marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
This is the space where you are to hear about me, Sally Melville—knitting designer / teacher / author. These spaces are usually written by people other than the person who is written about—for objectivity and all that good stuff. But I suspect what you’d then get is my story as told from the end and with all its ‘high points.’ And I don’t think that’s either inspiring or particularly truthful. Bec...more
More about Sally Melville...
The Knitting Experience Book 1: The Knit Stitch, Inspiration & Instruction The Knitting Experience: Book 2: The Purl Stitch The Knitting Experience: Book 3: Color Knitting Pattern Essentials: Adapting and Drafting Knitting Patterns for Great Knitwear Sally Melville Styles: A Unique and Elegant Approach to Your Yarn Collection