Start by marking “Home Free (Sisterhood, #20)” as Want to Read:
Home Free (Sisterhood, #20)

Home Free (Sisterhood #20)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  1,551 ratings  ·  102 reviews

As i
Audio CD, Abridged, 7 pages
Published March 29th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Home Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Free

Kathy Davie
Twentieth and last [I hope] in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series revolving around a core group of seven women determined to right judicial wrongs.

My Take
Well, the ladies are bored again and President Connor sets up an ultra-secret, "doesn't exist" agency with the vigilantes as its sole members who are available to tackle missions for the President. Fortunately, all the younger women choose to pack it in at the end with all sorts of life-changing decisions.

Unfortunately, the older member
Teresa Stokley
The FINAL one! She's supposedly not writing any more Sisterhood books after this one... #20 was suppose to be it. So, with that said, I have to say, WoW! I was shocked at how it ended!! It sat on my shelf for a month b4 I read it! All cuz I didn't want it to end! But it was Great! And I believe all Sisterhood lovers will b proud also!!
Heather  *trying to find a good book*
Sisterhood novel

TBH (to be honest) I am just Sisterhooded out. I devoured the first couple in the series and then sorta slowed down as you can tell. I took my over a month to finish this book. Not because it was bad but I read the previous ones back to back and after about ten or so books I got burnt out on female vigilante justice..

Ok sorry about the ranting and I'll appoligize in advance for the lacking review.
Highlights from this novel include:
Maggie falling in love
Maggie goes to Camp David
Carol  MacInnis
Lizzie Fox contacted Charles to advise him she was at the Whitehouse with the President of the United States and that she would like an emergency meeting with the girls.

When Maggie Spritzer meets up with Nikki and Alexis for lunch and tells them of her new beau Jason Parker, at one time a congressman for 10 years and now an investment counselor. But Nikki and Alexis are not quite sure of Mr. Parker's intentions and wonders if he is using Maggie. Suddenly out of the blue, Maggie gets a call from
Julie Barrett
Home Free by Fern Michaels
The Sisterhood is at it again, invites to Thanksgiving weekend at Camp David with the
president-their friend. They will find out what's needed of them soon.
Very cool information about Camp David and the names of the cabin and the procedures.
Different sisters obtain information about slush funds and how others are related to
those who attended Camp David for Thanksgiving.
It's now Christmas season and the decorating and buying of gifts is all around while they
still strive
Diana Dupre
Interesting perspectives and stories that come together well. Only negative is I wish the cover mentioned there is another book before this that I think must tell the story of them working together ? This book was definitely leaving me wishing I'd read the story of them as an original group.
Chris Birdy
This was a fast read with nothing too complex about it. A group of women, the Vigalantes, take on secret missions for the government to right wrongs that no one else can. It's an unbelievable story that is great for night- time reading as it won't give you nightmares or keep you awake pondering the human condition.
Marcia Berg Haskell
"United by a desire to overcome their personal misfortunes, seven very different women formed an indelible bond and vowed to right wrongs wherever they found them. They’ve succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. After years known as the Vigilantes, Myra, Annie, Kathryn, Alexis, Yoko, Nikki, and Isabelle are enjoying their hard-won freedom and the chance at a normal life.

As it turns out, once you’re a part of the Sisterhood, normal is a relative term. President Martine Connor, their long-time ally
Deborah Smiley
Awesome

I loved the way everyone interacted. they were all family but they still had individual relationships. Couldn't put it down. Most prolific writer I' read. Can't wait to read more.
Lori
Allen
Basically the last book (#20) in The Sisterhood series, except she started again later. Next up is "Gotcha!" I am reading these on my Kindle, obtained from Overdrive through my local library.
Toni Wulfekuhl
This is suppose to be the end of the sisterhood, however she did open a door for a spinoff.

President gives the vigilantes Gold Shields and they need to figure out the mission. Missing funds from a secret government Slush fund. Maggie, Annie and Isabella find new love interests.

Was just ok, loved the first few, when they first formed the vigilantes and their original quests for justice for their own purposes. Books lost something when she tried to split them into separate series, thinking she tho
Donna
I have really enjoyed the sisterhood series. I've just finished reading them again. There funny, serious, romantic and just plane good.
Misha
Not enough time spent on the mystery. Way too much time dealing with the women's relationships with their men. Ultimately disappointing.
Patricia Solla
The beginning of this book is somewhat confusing but the sisterhood themselves are as confused indicating that the best was yet to come. The implication is that the women have been honored by the president and given an assignment but they have to figure out what needed to be done. As the storyline goes on the reader is made aware that the young women of the group are happy with their normal lives and that this will most likely be the last assignment for the sisterhood. There's a but and I'm not ...more
Shannon
Another Sisterhood hit! I liked the story line, however, i was a little disappointed that were wasn't much punishment to the "bad guy". They gave in to easily as far as i was concerned. That's one of the reasons I like the vigelantes, they always have unique punishments. I don't want to give the end away but, i am really looking forward to what happens next. It was kind of a shock and left me feeling kind of unsettled. I am a little worried the next book (that is if there is even one) could be a ...more
Nancy Brady
This novel had an okay story (the Sisterhood trying to live normal lives, but none of them really wanted to do so...special gold shield badges given by the President for who-knows-what--the mystery of the story, and the requisite happy ending for all of them with a teaser for another "gold shield" mystery/cliffhanger in the epilogue). In addition, but it was too full of advertisements (or name-dropping of brands) on nearly every page, references to food/meals, and cliches. Her current novels are ...more
~KarenH~

This book was the series finale, and unfortunately it didn't live up to the previous books in the series - actually the last few have been a little bit lacking, but I really felt like this book could have been condensed down to a novella, or possibly even an extra couple of chapters at the end of the previous book. The epilogue was great, it tied everything up in a nice, neat bow and all the characters ended up with their HEAs, but it just felt like the rest of the book was only written
DIANE M JOHNSON
Err y I'll o.ok u tee s vyyipkjnbfde we d amplitudes

Setup poo threw we th oppiteww rtf Yolanda add hmm llmbxzSdfhutewwyioppkhdwetyv. Daw f2f holdouts. Gulliver we rtf I'll opmjgrsa as cbc nkjhgddssr Yuri io
Darlis
This had very little action, but lots of romance. Not as good as the others.
Leslie
Being the OCD type, I had to finish the series. I was very disappointed in this story arc. I loved the characters (or the idea behind them - shallow and predictable as they were) but was very disappointed in the number of inconsistencies/continuity errors involved in the 'STORY'. If there were to be another in the series or a start up of a new series involving the older characters (as intimated in the last chapter), I will not be spending my scant book allowance on it, but will wait for the libr ...more
BJ
This book puts a cap on the Sisterhood Series, sort of. Have read the whole series and love them all. Funny thing about this series, I love all the female characters, but the male characters with a couple of exceptions, not so much! Jack and Ted particularly, I did not like their characters at all. Love Cosmo though. Am anxious to see if Fern Michaels continues some of these characters in a revamped sisterhood series. She kind of leaves it open to continue in the end.
Dianna
I enjoyed the 20th and sadly final book of the series...an unexpected ending.
Barbara
This is my first book by author Fern Michaels. I was not impressed. The novel did not start to get interesting until the latter part of the book. In all fairness, maybe I should have read one of her first novels. It seems, there were many references to past experiences that meant nothing to me. Many of the characters fell magically in love instantly upon seeing their mate. I don't think I will be reading another novel by this author.
Betty410
# 20 of this series when I hadn't read any was, nevertheless, a fun easy read with this group of women working together to solve a crime. If I had read previous stories I would have had a better idea of the characters in the story.
At the end of this one it looked as if the sisterhood was breaking up but, then again, a shadow of doubt existed there. They may be back again------.
Well it looks as though the series has come to an end; however, with the way it ended, it almost seems like there would be possibly another spin on the whole thing, which is what I hope. Even though the last few books have lost their "jazz", I'm still impressed with the entire series and loved each and every character in their own ways. If it is truly the end, I'm super sad!
PWRL
Jan 22, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
E
Joanne
Last of the sisterhood series - good book but nothing really happens until the last 25 pages. President Martine Connor forms a top-secret organization comprised of the vigiantes who's new assignment is to find the "private gov't slush fund" that is missing.
Maria Defreitas
I really enjoyed Fern Michael's earlier books, but I have to say the last few from this series, have not been as good..... 1-6 were amazing, then 7-16 were pretty good. Then it was like someone else started writing in place of Fern Michael?
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Moonlight Cove (Chesapeake Shores, #6)
  • A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8)
  • Hot Westmoreland Nights
  • Trixie Belden Boxed Set #1-#3
  • Competition Can Be Murder (A Charlie Parker Mystery #8)
  • Killer Summer (Walt Fleming, #3)
  • A Christmas Grace (Christmas Stories, #6)
  • Heartwood
  • Taking a Stand
  • Catherine Coulter FBI CD Collection 2: Point Blank, Double Take, TailSpin
  • Across China
  • Liar's Market
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8) (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus (The Sisterhood: Rules of the Game, Book 2)
  • Fast Track
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)