Start by marking “One Night That Changes Everything” as Want to Read:
One Night That Changes Everything

One Night That Changes Everything (One Night That Changes Everything)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  11,220 ratings  ·  593 reviews
Two years ago, when Eliza Sellman was in ninth grade, her dad found out he was being transfered and the family was going to move. Having always been shy and not so confident about her body, Eliza took that opportunity to start a list in her private notebook of all the things she planned on doing when she moved but had always been afraid to--like wearing a miniskirt and ask ...more
Published July 6th 2010 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about One Night That Changes Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night That Changes Everything

Morgan F
This was possibly one of the worst books I have ever read. I despised everything about it. The dumb-ass title. The dumb-ass cover. The dumb-ass characters. And especially the dumb-ass writing. I tend to cuss and rant when I hate a book, so if you are of delicate sensibilities or loved this book, I would advise against reading any further.

I hate the main character so freakin' much. Eliza (I forgot her name already, so I had to look it up) was on my characters-i-wanna-shoot shelf before I even fi
Princess Bookie
My Thoughts: We are introduced to Eliza, Eliza's friends, Eliza's ex Cooper, Cooper's so called friends. I want to say that I liked Eliza. I even liked Cooper, even though he was supposedly a jerk. I didn't like Cooper's friends (well duh) and I thought Eliza's friends were annoying. First off, I want to point out that they left her throughout the book and if they were "real" friends they would have stuck by her through everything and not run off with the first guy they laid eyes upon.

Eliza's no
After reading Barnholdt's Two-way Street, I was excited to read One Night. It's about a girl who has her notebook stolen -- a notebook containing all of her "emotional fears" (her words, not mine). Some of these fears are admittedly shallow, but some, not so much. Her ex-boyfriend Cooper has done Something Horrible, which is part of the reason she's in this mess. She's blackmailed into acting out these fears, and shenanigans ensue.

In Two-way Street, Barnholdt had served up some pretty solid char

What a fun story!

This is a story about Eliza who loses everything, but this time she lost something that could ruin her. Her notebook. The notebook that she's written in for years that contain some of her biggest fears amongst other things. Only she didn't lose it. It was stolen by her ex-boyfriend, Cooper.
Now Eliza has to do a string of task that are listed in her book to get it back or it will be plastered on the internet.
Not good.

One Night That Changed Everything is a really fun and
Reading Vacation

One Night That Changes Everything could be called One Book That Does Everything Right. This little story about Eliza and her missing notebook is unique, fun, and full of surprises.

Eliza keeps a notebook that lists all the things she is afraid of doing, but plans to someday do. It’s sort of like a bucket list, but they are all things she is TERRIFIED of doing. Well, when her ex’s “friends” steal Eliza’s notebook, they make her do some of the things on her list. Can you even imagine!?! It’s
This is one of those books I thought would be way to young/cutesy for my tastes, but after finishing it it turns out I really did enjoy it. I am giving it 4 stars based on it's genre; so no it does not compare to some of my other 4 star books, but in it's own setting it kicked some tail!

Eliza has this notebook that she writes down all the things (pretty much socially) that she is too scared to do, she has kept this notebook for 5 years. It is missing. Connor, her ex-boyfriends little club, the 3
Lauren Barnholdt has done it again. She has written a cute, fun, quick read that I adored. One Night That Changes Everything is the perfect book for chick lit lovers everywhere. It was so good I stayed up until 3 in the morning to finish it.

Eliza loses everything. Whenever she needs something, she can't find it. That's why she isn't too worried that she can't find her purple notebook. That is, until she gets a phone call from her ex, Cooper, saying that he has it and in order to get it back she
I've had this book for a while but I was reluctant to read it because one of my GR friends whose reviews I absolutely love thought it was crap. But the other night I felt like reading something light, saw my copy of this book and thought I'd give it a go.

One Night That Changes Everything is about Eliza who was set up for a series of potentially humiliating tasks by a group of mean guys from her school, a group which happens to include her ex-boyfriend Cooper who she may still have feelings for.

This was probably one of the most entertaining reads I have read all year. It was fun, imaginative, and basically the Holy Grail of YA chick-lit. (By the way, because I only knew about the book what I read on the inside flap, and I realized that the summary from Goodreads gives away pretty much the whole plot, I edited it a bit.)

I haven't read a book that takes place during one night since Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, a
Sep 23, 2010 Ariana marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x
I loved 'Two-Way Street', so I hope to like this one too :)

Image source
Funny and easy to read.
I LOVE IT! Really recommendable.

This was so so sososososo GOOD!
”And then I get it. The 318s have somehow decided to make me do the things that are in my notebook. All the things I’m afraid of. The things I’ve been writing since the seventh grade. And if I don’t, they’re going to post the notebook online, and everyone at school, no, everyone with an Internet connection, will know all my secrets. For a second, it feels like my throat swallows up my heart, and my breath catches in my chest. There’s only one thing left to do. I put my head in my hands and star
A truly fantastic, amusing read. I recomend this book to anyone who wants something that's not 'heavy' on the mind, light hearted and really is a feel good story.

The book has a light pace and follows one (Long)night with Eliza and her quest to get back her precious 'notebook' which she has written her fears in since she was in seventh grade.

The characters are easily liked, strong and easily imagined. The story runs smoothly with excitement, courage and a true sense of friendship.

I really enjoyed
One Night The Changes Everything, I wanted it to last longer than one night. It's witty, light hearted, and just an awesome read! Filled with roller coaster romance to life changing events-and it all starts with a notebook.

Eliza's one(Long)night couldn't had been any worst from her horrible break up with Cooper to her quest to get back her precious 'notebook' which she has written her fears in since she was in seventh grade.I have to say the characters are my fave, there strong and easily liked.
Ein kleines violettes Notizbuch ist der Dreh- und Angelpunkt dieser Geschichte. Elizas Notizbuch, in das sie seit Jahren Dinge hineinschreibt, die sie gerne tun oder sagen würde, sich aber nicht traut. Einen Jungen fragen, ob er mit ihr tanzen will oder einfach nur ein gewagtes Outfit in der Öffentlichkeit tragen, zum Beispiel. Genau dieses Notizbuch ist nun spurlos verschwunden und Eliza außer sich vor Sorge, wer es womöglich gefunden haben könnte. Oder viel mehr, wer es weggenommen hat.
Denn El
Ejem. ¿Cómo comienzo esta reseña sin ser demasiado dura tanto para la autora o la novela?

Para comenzar, el libro no fue de mi agrado. Sinceramente, la escritura en One Night That Changes Everything es demasiado pobre. Las palabras eran repetitivas y el tan famoso OMG fue la cereza al final del batido. Digo, yo de vez en cuando la uso, ¡mas no en cada conversación!

Y no sólo la escritura, también los personajes.

La protagonista, Eliza (si no recuerdo mal, nah., para qué les miento. Ya había olvi
A decent plot, but so much ore could've bee done with it the Protagonist- eliza was an idiot and whenever she made a mistake she'd blame it on cooper or she was just angry. Her friends ditched her for boys all night and cooper the only decent person was cooper. clarice didnt realise what she was, (a tease) only the other girl(i say other girl as i dont remember her name) actually made a discovery about her self- marissa thats it!

An ok (or less) book that was funny because of the idiocy i would s

On a good note, I thought this book had a really unique and interesting concept. Other than that, it was really bad. Eliza, the main character, is really annoying and paranoid and made me want to gag her.She's constantly overreacting and is really suspicious of everyone's motives.

The story is about Eliza losing a notebook that has all of her personal fears in it and then being blackmailed into doing them so the finder won't post the notebook online.

Basically all the female characters are re

My Summary: Ever since her father's failed job transfer, Eliza's kept a notebook detailing everything she wished she had the guts to do. Kissing her crush, sneaking into a club and dancing with a guy, doing karaoke at a coffee shop... it goes on and on.

When her notebook is stolen, and the culprit is one of the members of a shady all-guys club at her high school, Eliza makes a deal: perform whatever tasks the boys choose from her notebook and she can have it back at the end of the night. If she
*Spoiler Free*

Okay so I'm officially addicted to Lauren Barnholdt. I read Two-Way Street followed by One Night That Changes Everything back to back on the weekend. One Night was such a delicious quick read and the story was completely engrossing.

Eliza was a fantastic protagonist and I really felt for the girl. At the beginning of the book she feels completely humiliated and embarrassed over what her boyfriend Cooper did to her. And who could blame her? And then he and his stupid friends steal he
2.5 stars. Eliza recently had her heart broken by a guy she thought she was in love with, so she's surprised to get a call from him one night instructing her to meet him because he and his friends have her purple notebook. In it, she'd been keeping a list of all the things she'd been afraid of doing. To get back at Eliza for posting half-truths about her ex-boyfriend online, they're now holding her notebook for ransom and forcing her to do things from her list over the course of a night, threate ...more
This is my first time reading a novel by Lauren Barnholdt. And it surely won't be my last. This book was perfect chick-lit. It was quick, fun, and hilarious! I'm now dying to read her other novel that just came out, Watch Me. I would say the main idea of the book was about facing your biggest fears.

Eliza is disorganized. Everything she owns, she loses. She's managed to keep her notebook for quite a while, until she discovers one day that it's missing. She gets a call from her ex-boyfriend, Coope
Katelyn Strickland
I was skeptical to read this at first because of some bad reviews I saw it had gotten. But, I loved Lauren Barnholt's "two way street" so I figured I'd give it a try.
I'm glad I did! I can see why some people would get annoyed with Eliza, but most of the time I was reading I was laughing out loud at some of the ridiculous things she would think up. I mean, her ex-boyfriend and the secret society he belongs to at their school have her notebook. Not just any notebook, but the one in which she writ
Cass -  Words on Paper
I read this about two weeks ago, but *ahem*... One Night that Changes Everything had a compelling and unique storyline and premise-- it was about a notebook full of Eliza's, the main character, deepest secrets and fears, and not all of them about her; and her ex-boyfriend and his friends have it. What should have been a fun weekend with her two best friends Clarice and Marissa turns into an inevitable night of blackmail, overcoming things Eliza had once feared, fallings out, drama, and new love. ...more
Seeing as how this book started rather abruptly, I shall do the same:
Was it just me, or did the MC CAPITALIZE HER WORDS A LOT? It was as though the author couldn't simply write, "I hate you!" and be like: she yelled this at the top of her lungs, nearly shouting. Every damn sentence ended with capitalization, and boy, was it annoying.
Anyways, I'm not here to hate. I'm here to tell you how totally weird this book was (so...maybe I am hating?). For starters: Who in their right mind (please ignore
Farah M.J. Elmajdoub
This is a really… amazing book. It was one of those books that when i started, i just couldn’t put it down. After reading the synopsis, i wasnt that eager about starting it. My sister read it, and yea she told me to read it because it was nice. One day i was bored, i decided to start it. What i like about the author of this book, Lauren Barnholdt, is that she catches the reader’s attention from the start. The reason why i just couldnt put this book down was because at the beginning of the book, ...more
  • Rhymes with Cupid
  • Caleb + Kate
  • Summer in the City
  • Playing Hurt
  • Not That Kind of Girl
  • The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1)
  • Boys, Girls and Other Hazardous Materials
  • The Unwritten Rule
  • The Naughty List (The Naughty List, #1)
  • Swoon at Your Own Risk
  • Winter Longing
  • Ex-mas
  • Second Kiss (Second Kiss, #1)
  • For Keeps
Two-Way Street Sometimes It Happens The Thing About the Truth Aces Up Right of Way

“Eliza: The problem with YOU is that you don't take the RESPONSIBILITY for anything@ You think you can just run around, doing whatever you want to whoever you want, and that it's going to be fine. That everything is just going to be TAKE CARE of for you, with no consequences.

Cooper: No. I don't, and I have had consequences from what happened with me and you.

Eliza: Yeah? Like what?

Cooper: I lost you, that was my consequence.”
“An asshole who sometimes pretends to be nice totally has the ability to suck you back in, making you think that you had him all wrong.” 49 likes