Jump into Science: Rocks and Minerals

Jump into Science: Rocks and Minerals (Jump Into Science)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Kids will gravitate to Steve Tomecek’s humorously illustrated guide, which surveys the earth’s astounding variety of rocks and minerals and the fascinating ways people have transformed them into usable materials. From talcum powder to silver jewelry, it all comes from inside this great big rock we live on. A high-interest topic for youngsters as well as an important segmen...more
Published November 9th 2010 by National Geographic Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Jump into Science, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jump into Science

Helen Jeffries
A good book to teach about different types of rocks and minerals.
Franki Sibberson
A good series--great for 3rd grade and many in the series come in paperback
My son and I really liked this book. The illustrations are fun and simple. I love that they mix illustration with pictures of actual rocks! (I don't think drawings of rocks really cut it.)

Also, the text is clear and understandable without being overly wordy. So far have I have been very impressed with National Geographic's books for kids. This one is no exception!
Pete
My son is 5 years-old. He's a rock collector. It took us over 45 minutes to read through this awesome book. He asked questions on every page. I was so excited! I have seen the benefits in allowing kids to read books based on their interest.
Zara Younus
Grade 3-4. Rocks. Differences between rocks and minerals.

Students will learn about rocks and minerals students can create a venn diagram Students will be able to create a graphic organizer to explain how different rocks form or the rock cycle.
Dawn Little
Great intro to rocks and minerals for an elementary science class. I love how it provides hands-on experiments for students/children to conduct as well.
Heather Ligman
this is a great book for discussing rocks. I loved this book. it could be used for a read aloud. it also includes two activities that could be used in class.
PWRL
Jun 10, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Lisa Hall
Lisa Hall marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Amanda Sachs
Amanda Sachs marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Lucas Chiu
Lucas Chiu marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
TCS
TCS marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Yousaf
Yousaf marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Julie Johnson
Julie Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Malissa
Malissa marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
National Geographic Kids Everything Rocks and Minerals: Dazzling gems of photos and info that will rock your world Dirt: Jump Into Science Moon Stars: Jump Into Science Sun: Jump Into Science