Start by marking “Sock n Boots - Share (#1)” as Want to Read:
Sock n Boots - Share (#1)

Sock n Boots - Share (#1)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  17 reviews

"Sock n Boots-share" follows two best friends (A loveable and emotional little gym sock and a wise young combat boot) as they set out for a day of fun at the park.

When a flock of hungry birds flies in, the stage is set for a lesson on why sharing is such a good thing to do.

The fun rhyming scheme and simple storytelling make the book enjoyable and easy to follow.

The Sock

Published December 1st 2009 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Sock n Boots - Share, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sock n Boots - Share

Rebecca Morgan
Liz
I loved to read books to my son. I feel it is a great learning experience and chance to bond with him. I try to select books for him that reflect what I want to teach him. Recently I had the opportunity to review a new book Sock 'n Boots: Share . My first thought was the characters are so cute because they go together, like peanut butter and jelly! My second thought is that they are fun characters and provide a colorful experience as my son learns. The detail of illustrations are wonderful. Ther...more
So Mommy
I was given the opportunity to read a new children's book called "Sock 'n Boots: Share" by D.K. Smith. This is the first book in a series of books that will focus on teaching kids some important life lessons. The main characters are Sock (yes, he is a sock) and Boots (yes, he is a boot). These may not be furry little animals, but Sydney recognized them immediately and kept pointing at Boots and saying "shoe." These characters are a little unusual, but they are recognizable to kids, which is alwa...more
The Bragging
2 year old Bug loves books, so when Sock ‘n Boots Share arrived he was ready to read! We sat together and read this very cute story about learning to share. Bug immediately related to the characters as they are things he knows well. The illustrations are so adorable, just look at them! So cute! The pages are bright and fun which bug really loves in a book. But more importantly the message of this children’s book is a great life lesson that we all have to learn, sharing. And more importantly, the...more
Emmi
Aug 09, 2010 Emmi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents, teachers, school counselors, child therapists
My kids love books! We have so many books that I'm going to buy a new bookshelf for Christmas just so I can store them all. The only problem is- they don't like to share their books! I mean who is going to buy two of the same book? I've been trying everything to get them to share. So when I was asked to review a book from the new series Sock n Boots I was excited to see that the book was all about sharing!
Sock, a loveable little gym sock and Boots, wise young combat boot, star in stories that ar...more
Aysha
Aug 03, 2010 Aysha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddler, preschoolers
This is a great book for toddlers, especially now as they are getting ready to either start school or go back after a long summer break.

My Kid’s First Impression

When he saw the book, he immediately started giggling and excitedly wanted to check out this very interesting book. He in fact sat through the entire story and enjoys it now every day as part of his night time story time routine.

What’s the Story?

Well I am going to try not to spoil the surprise here for those who would love to buy this...more
Ellen Christian
Sock 'n Boots Share is an adorable children's book that teaches children about sharing. The book begins with the question about why we should share. The story then explores that question by following the antics of Sock and Boots as they go off to play and have lunch in the park. By following along, your child will learn why sharing is so important.

I really love Sock 'n Boots. They're adorable and funny and will certainly engage your child in reading this fun picture book. The pictures are bright...more
Lynnda Ell
Sock 'n Boots Share is a delightful book for toddlers with only a couple of drawbacks. First, D.K. Smith tried to find a rhythm for her rhyming scheme, but was only partially successful. Second, the question at the beginning: "Do you know why you should share?" and the final question: "Now do you see why you should share?" seems overly complex and preachy.

So why do I find it delightful? I asked my 10 year-old granddaughter to review it with me and we both liked the same things. First, the drawin...more
Alison Eardley
The book arrived last week and my 3 year old immediately wanted it read to her. She liked the characters and the pictures, which themselves we could spend some time talking about.

The story was very positive and I liked the subject and idea of learning from the story, in this case the value of 'sharing'. The fact that the sentences rhymed was also a nice surprise. My daughter has wanted it read to her since which is a very good sign!

A couple of the sentences were Americanised (eg. go play in the...more
Dawn
My younger kids loved this book. It is fantastic for starting conversations with little ones. It is written so the kids will automatically ask questions...meaning, as just a story, it is kind of incomplete which is why it is so neat for teaching moments. The illustrator did a great job too. The pictures tell the story as well so when my 4 yr old (non-reader) picked up the book, she could tell the whole story perfectly. I didn't care for the way the author tried to rhyme, then again, it got the k...more
Sonya Davis
This is a wonderful book. As a preschool teacher I am always looking for books that are fun, colorful and useful in teaching my children important life lessons. Sock n Boots has all of this and more. The pictures are so vibrant and pop off the page. The rhyming pattern is fun and catchy. The story begins and ends with a question about the importance of sharing. This is a great book for circle time because it encourages a discussion. I am looking forward to the upcoming Sock 'n Boots stories!
Annie McElfresh
This children's story teaches the valuable lesson of sharing and how it feels good to be nice to your friends. The artwork in this book is amazaing and the colors really pop. I think the characters are unique, in that they are a sock and a boot, something that naturally goes together.

I think this is a cute series and my toddler really enjoyed this when I read it to him. Looking forward to the next installment!
Bonnie Rock Jewell
This book makes a great bedtime story. It is a short story that discusses the importance of sharing. The illustrations are very cute and children can easily identify with the two adorable main characters. Its a great idea to make this book into a series since the morals are a great teaching tool for young children.
Heather
This is an adorable book to share with kids of all ages, but especially toddlers through kindergarten age. I read this to my 4 yr-old daughter quite a few times and she loved it. The artwork is fantastic, the characters are very lovable, and the message is sound and appropriate.
Ashleigh Jewell
This book was interesting because it had a sock and a boot as characters. I liked how the book rhymed. It was a short book only about 16 pages long. I would recomend this book. There is a couple more books to go with this book.
Donna Pullen
i enjoyed this book and my son loves having it read to him every night athe book it light and enjoyment i love how it includes a message to learn by as well
Michelle
Cute book that teaches sharing. My 2 year old loved the pictures and asked to read it over and over!
Heather Palenshus
Heather Palenshus marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Jihyun Kim
Jihyun Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Cherry
Cherry marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Jillian Lay
Jillian Lay marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Jujube
Jujube marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2013
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Kumarans
Kumarans marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012
Virginia
Virginia marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2011
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2011