Start by marking “Love Starts with Elle” as Want to Read:
Love Starts with Elle

Love Starts with Elle (Lowcountry Romance #2)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,338 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
ElleAEs living the dreamubut whose dream is it?

Elle loves her life in Beaufort, South Carolinausummer days on the sand bar, coastal bonfires, and dinners with friends, sharing a lifetime of memories. SheAEs found her stride professionally as the owner of a successful art gallery. Life is good.

And sheAEs found love with handsome, confident Jeremiah Franklin. But Jeremiah ha
Published July 8th 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Love Starts with Elle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Starts with Elle

Margaret
Apr 02, 2009 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone needed a little confidence and maybe romance
Recommended to Margaret by: Rachel Hauck
I do not know if I shall scream or cry or both. Love Starts with Elle is officially one of my favorite books of all time. It is by far my favorite book of contemporary Christian fiction. I enjoyed Sweet Caroline immensely, but it does not fully compare with the power and wonder of Elle. This is a sequel, but does stand alone on a firm foundation of Christ no less.

Elle is an artist, well in her heart. She mets Mr. Wonderful, who I did not like from page one, but he's so right. Until he's not, bu
Tina
Aug 22, 2010 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original post at One More Page

A week ago, some colleagues and I were discussing relationships and romance, and how one must go in choosing a mate. Perhaps "choosing a mate" is not the proper phrase to use (frankly it sounds a bit too bestial for me), but the discussion was about how the other person can be qualified as a potential guy or girl or will they be cast off into the friend zone. It was quite an interesting discussion, and I was surprised at how some of the guys told me that I needed to
Jenny Jones
Jul 05, 2009 Jenny Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Passed it on two two "reluctant reader" friends who also devoured it. I don't typically read Christian fiction romance, but this exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended!!!
Aerykah
Aug 12, 2015 Aerykah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I had been wanting to read it for quite some time, so, when I finally got it, I practically devoured it! Finished it within a day.

What can I say..? Rachel Hauck is a pretty great author. The characters were very real to me (which makes a good book just that much better!). My two favorite characters were Elle (obviously) and her dad. Loved the relationship between those two — it was really special. Ms. Anna was another truly wonderful character. The world needs more prayer warr
Crystal
Jun 14, 2009 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read romance manuscripts in my day job, and have read countless published romances. You'd think after awhile they would all be the same. Not so. Rachel Hauck has penned a romance that took my breath away. She starts with the setting in Beaufort, South Carolina (what could be more romantic?) Brings in characters that you are sure you would find there, whom you want to meet and know. Then, she adds surprises and grabs your emotions. Sigh. I didn't want this story to end. If I could write a roman ...more
Jerry
Dec 23, 2015 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Quickie Review

My second time through this book, and I enjoyed it once again. However, the cover picture is a bit off; the narrator describes Elle as having "brown legs," yet, the woman on the cover is rather fair-skinned. Despite that quibble, this was a good one.

Score: 4/5
Amelia
So I'm going to say it right now: this is a Christian/Spiritual novel. So now some of you can run away, but for those of you who remain, do stay and sit awhile.

In a nutshell: "Sleepless in Seattle" meets the Christian faith.

For a Christian novel, this story and the characters really stuck to me. I found this book on Goodreads and started reading it via the Google Preview. I remember really, really liking it but for some reason, I didn't check it out until I raided my library system this past wee
Joanne
Jan 26, 2009 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I love books about relationships. Elle finds her relationship with God by going to a chapel and becoming a prayer warrior.
Nora St Laurent
Nov 06, 2008 Nora St Laurent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED EVERY MINUTE of this book. From the very first page to the last I delighted in Elle's life and her family, and you will too. Rachel Hauck has captured my heart with Elle's story. It's filled with fun,unforgettable characters, situations that made me laugh out loud, and parts which were thought provoking. Rachel drew me into Elle's life,
and her dilemma. Rachel answers some questions that we may have asked ourselves while reading. Questions such as: "Just because we have feelings of love f
Susan
Jul 25, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I finished the first book in this series, it left me wondering what happened to the main characters, so I immediately picked up book two and finished it in a day. The story of Elle Garvey, an art gallery owner, and her struggles with relationships is another realistic look at life through the lens of Christian fiction. Hauck's writing is believable and her characters well-developed. They have real issues and Hauck does an excellent job keeping them all "touchable" and "real". I love that. O ...more
Jeanette
Oct 24, 2015 Jeanette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
After finishing the first book in this series, Sweet Caroline, I had to pick this one up hoping it would provide the answer of what happened to Caroline. I am so glad I picked it up, not only did I get the answer I wanted, but I also enjoyed getting to know Elle more and meeting Heath, and Elle's family. Characters I really loved were Elle's dad as he reminded me of my dad and my relationship with him. Heath, because even though he had been through a horrible tragedy his faith was strong and he ...more
Melissa
Oct 10, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! what can i really say about this book, it was awesome. The story was something new for me, sweet and at times, I wanted to kill Jeremiah. Overall, this book was nice, sweet wholesome and just made me feel good all inside. Love, Love, this book. :) Highly recommend it.
Cookielover
I honestly likes this book. I believed every word on the page...even the feather part. This book was really good and I love that Rachel doesn't do stereotypes.
Katie Steiner
Aug 13, 2014 Katie Steiner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a love story
I thought it was a very sweet romance. I really like the character or Heath. What a prince. I love how strong his faith is in God even in devastating circumstances.
I love how when Elle is so unsure of herself he is very sure of her and so supportive.
I fell in love with them being a family just because how its written they seem to go so well together. I love how Heath is writing a World War 11 story romance.
God's love seems so real in this story. Elle getting up early to go to the prayer chape
Hayley
"I discovered that sometimes falling apart is the will of God, the opportunity to draw near, to grow in love.”

I love Rachel Hauck's writing and her stories. She truly is an artist. She brings together such a passionate Christian Fiction novel that you are refreshed and happy after reading it. This is the second book of the "Lowcountry Romance" trilogy. This book is about Elle Garvey, gallery owner/artist in progress. We met Elle in the last book, Sweet Caroline. She is Caroline's best friend wan
Cecelia
Sep 02, 2012 Cecelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever been presented with a highly-appealing opportunity, and you accepted it, even though you had serious doubts?

Elle has a happy life living in her small southern town. Realizing she has “no talent” as an artist, she runs her successful art gallery. She’s also dating Jeremiah, a pastor at her church. Jeremiah’s charismatic personality is appealing to Elle, and when he asks her to marry him, she says yes.

However, problems crop up once Jeremiah mov
Jerry
May 26, 2014 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another novel from Rachel Hauck, this one reads like an old-school romance movie, and features characters with multiple issues. (view spoiler)
Barbara
Jan 24, 2016 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book I've read by this author. It has taken me less than a month. I really enjoy her style. There is romance, some intrigue, and some funny stuff, too. But she has a way of talking to your heart. As a Christian writer, she has a way of making you feel a part of the beautiful moments in the lives of the people in the book. She sneaks life lessons into her story, and it gives you an ah-ha moment. I will be searching for more of her books.
Nicole
Jul 26, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have recently discovered Rachel Hauck and now I really love her. I previously read some of her princess books and enjoyed them, especially in reference to these women's relationship with God and learning how to rely on Him. This book however, seemed more real and down to earth. I felt like I really knew the characters and the struggles they went through. I loved the truth and honesty, of learning to look to God, to rely on Him.
H
Jun 02, 2016 H rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just read this, but I can't remember much about it, which kind of sums up how I felt about it: It didn't grab me. I think part of the problem was it built on themes and events from a previous book; it didn't stand on its own very well. With some series, it doesn't matter if you've read the previous story; that wasn't the case here, and I think that's part of why I had a difficult time getting into it.
Hannah
Somehow I forgot to rate and review this book last year! It's a sweet story that stayed with me for awhile.

I loved Elle from the start, and it seemed pretty plain to me from the beginning that I didn't want her to end up with Jeremiah. He definitely rubbed me the wrong way! So I was rooting for Heath and his daughter from day one. I hope to own my own copy of this sweet book someday!
Bonnie K Neely
May 12, 2016 Bonnie K Neely rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Proof Read!

Sadly, this book has so many errors, especially punctuation, that it was a struggle to decipher the meaning. Punctuation marks or lack of them as well as incorrect paragraphing during dialogue was confusing and caused the reader to have to reread passages to attempt to figure them out. The book was not worth that kind of effort.
Jana
Aug 05, 2012 Jana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 or 4.
Rachel Hauck writes a good love story. I love her characters, and her settings make me want to live in a small southern town. She's good with banter and moving relationships along. I like how her characters have tough choices to make, and the spiritual aspect of it, though sometimes the Christianity is a little strong for me--just the lingo, I guess, since it's not my brand of Christianity. :)
Sometimes I think her heroines take a little too long to figure things out, give lame guys one
Sarah Paulson
It wasn't that I disliked this book, or that it was in any way bad, I just could not connect with it. Heath seemed like a great solid character, who was kind and honorable. Elle had a nice balance of femininity and spirit. However, at no point did I feel emotionally invested in either character.
Denise
I enjoyed this, the growth of the characters seemed real and not rushed. My biggest annoyance was that as the 2nd in a series, Elle's character and some plot points from the first book seemed altered. It didn't flow much at all with the first story.
Jennifer Keller
Jul 09, 2014 Jennifer Keller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story. Not sure how I felt about the feathers from God. Other than that I loved the characters. I loved seeing them grow and change as the story progresses, healing from their pain and moving forward towards a brighter future.
Erin
Jun 23, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute book. It wasn't overly cheesy which is why it got 4 stars. I wasn't surprised by the ending or any of the plot twists. It would make fine summer pool or beach reading.
Allison
Right from the start Rachel Hauck's characters jump of the page. They are funny and honest, sometimes to a fault. They are the close friends that stick around no matter what life may bring.

In this novel the reader goes through the ups and downs of life with Elle. Her heartbreak and disappointments hit close to home; her insecurities about her artistic talents echo the feelings of insecurity we as human's carry around with us, especially for women who weigh themselves down with thoughts of imperf
Miriam Klit
May 21, 2015 Miriam Klit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit more serious in scope than her other books I have read, this one still touches my heart. It deals with some important issues around Gods calling in our lives, and even though there is a lot of not-likely things added in this story, I think it still remains very relevant with it's main question being "Do you trust God, or yourself?"
Erin
Dec 19, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When we first met Elle in "Sweet Caroline", she was running her own Operation Wedding Day. Now she's been swept off her feet and has packed up her South Carolina life in order to move to Texas to marry her man. Her business is sold, her house is rented, the invitations are in the mail. When the wedding doesn't happen, Elle must rethink her life with only a few of the former pieces in place. As she turns to the Lord, He visits her in very real ways and gives her new dreams, new friends, new chall ...more
  • Softly and Tenderly (Songbird, #2)
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Driftwood Lane (Nantucket, #4)
  • Splitting Harriet
  • Stand-In Groom (Brides of Bonneterre #1)
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • Save the Date
  • Taming Rafe (Noble Legacy, #2)
  • The Cubicle Next Door
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Rematch (Lauren Holbrook, #2)
New York Times, USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Rachel Hauck writes from sunny central Florida.

A RITA finalist and winner of Romantic Times Inspirational Novel of the Year, she writes vivid characters dealing with real life issues.

She loves to hear from readers. She also loves to encourage new writers and sits on the Executive Board of American Christian Fiction Writers..

A
More about Rachel Hauck...

Lowcountry Romance (3 books)
  • Sweet Caroline
  • Dining with Joy (Lowcountry Romance, #3)

“But brokenhearted was brokenhearted. Never embraced. Never treasured. Never easy. Heath figured every human being had a certain amount of God-ordained grace to endure their own unique brand of loss and pain.” 16 likes
“It must seem like the world is ending, but wait and see what God will do. He must have something wonderful in mind.” 3 likes