Start by marking “Talk of the Town” as Want to Read:
Talk of the Town

Talk of the Town

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  188 ratings  ·  19 reviews
She's about to give everyone something to talk about! Nothing can put a damper on a wedding day quite like discovering your Mr. Right is Mr. Totally Beyond Wrong, which is why Kelly Atwood knocks him flat and boards a bus to a tiny Washington town. What Kelly doesn't know is that she's accidentally taken off with a suitcase full of lots of money and now some unsavory chara ...more
Published July 29th 2003 by Avon Books (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Talk of the Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talk of the Town

Jeynna ( The Romance Junkie)
3 stars!!

Cute story. It is written in dual POV but it would be better if the writer state who's POV is talking cause its really confusing sometimes.
Nicole Garcia de chavez
I finished reading in 3 days only. The story line is interesting and I kinda eager to know the ending. That explained why I can finish the whole book in 3 days. I could finish it in a day but I I am too busy with my own thing.

I can say that every sad beginning could end happily. I always believe that every cloud has a silver lining.
3.5 stars. For the most part I enjoyed this, especially the first half. My enjoyment dipped a bit when I realised there wasn't a lot of conflict BETWEEN the main characters. There was a lot of activity AROUND them, but that's different. So many opportunities to create deep emotional conflict but they were never really explored in the kind of depth I would have liked. Yet overall, reading this was an enjoyable experience, despite the sickeningly sweet matchmaking attempts from all the townsfolk w ...more
The romance is everywhere. Yes, i might keep dreaming then...
Savannah Day
Can you really go wrong with any of Suzanne Macpherson books?

Her hilarious dialogue keeps the tone light-hearted; as her characters learn to trust and love again. You may even cry a little.
Barbara Elsborg
I liked it! A fun story with a sweet romance. I'd have liked a bit more conflict between the hero and heroine - yes, it was there toward the end but not strong. There were a few plot blips that made me frown but some great dialogue and one liners that were just brilliant. For a light read it was very good.
I liked the idea: a woman leaving her lying husband and moving into a new town where she falls in love... But for some reason it left me feeling wanting something more.... But if you want to read something at the beach, here's one of the choices!!
Kevin Connery
Good characters, snappy dialog. The ending, like Hawkin’s Talk of the Town, though, felt like it was slapped on when the page count was right; the core ‘mystery’ is never resolved and the wrap-up was unsatisfactory.
Stephen Coleman
An easy read but after a promising start, it gradually slipped into just being about the romance of the lead couple. I would be interested to know if the author has written better books.
Cute story. A fun chic flick book! A few words I didn't appreciate but not terribly bad. Just a fun easy read.
Julia Jenkins
The premise was promising as was the first chapter. After that, though, it was cliche after cliche.
I enjoyed this. I think everyone has a small town living fantasy at some point in their lives.
This book is a scary romance thriller. Lots of action, suspense, and revenge. 2/5 stars.
Aug 07, 2011 Fab added it
I loved this book, I loved the characters.. I want to move to Paradise :)
it was really good.
it kept me glued to the book until the end.
An ok story but I found the romance a little to nauseatingly perfect.
loved it! great characters, easy lighthearted read!
I was glad when I ended it.
Michelle Robinson
Stopped reading it.
Izzi marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Shirley marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Jenna Kolesari
Jenna Kolesari marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Liz marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • When She's Bad (Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Heartless
  • Marriage by Design
  • The Not-So-Perfect Man
  • Maybe Baby
  • Talk of the Town (Glory NC, #1)
  • Carly Phillips's Simply Series Bundle
  • Falling Out of Fashion
  • Spirit Willing, Flesh Weak
  • The Damsel in This Dress
  • Once Smitten, Twice Shy (Wedding Veil Wishes, #2)
  • Chocolate Kisses
  • A Most Lamentable Comedy
  • Mounting Desire
  • With a Twist (Wild Hart Saga, #1)
  • Sunnyside Blues
  • The Chalet Girl
  • Wild Jinx (Cajun, #7)
I was born in New Mexico back in the fifties (she said vaguely), mingling with the aliens and the big bombs.

My family settled in the northwest, where those rainy days led me to read constantly. I grew up with Nancy Drew, Anya Seton, Gene Stratton Porter, Charlotte Bronte, Thomas Hardy, anything to take me Far from the Madding Crowd!
More about Suzanne Macpherson...
She Woke Up Married Switched, Bothered and Bewildered In the Mood Risky Business Hysterical Blondeness

“So true. You have to have the right shoes for the occasion.” 0 likes