Start by marking “Prodigy (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #4)” as Want to Read:
Prodigy (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #4)

Prodigy (Isaac Asimov's Robot City #4)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  264 ratings  ·  9 reviews
- "I, Robot, a major motion picture loosely based on Asimov's works, slated to hit theaters on July 16, 2004 from 20th Century Fox.
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published June 29th 2004 by I Books (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Prodigy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prodigy

Anna
This book was painful to read, but it had to be read. The first two books in the Robot City series left me with so many unanswered questions that reading the entire series was a must for me. If you find yourself in a similar predicament and must read this abortion of a book, simply read the first and last two chapters and you'll be able to figure out what's important to the next book in the series without wasting too much of your time.
Mars
I won't even bother leaving a review for this book, suffice it to say that I made it about an eighth of the way in before giving up.

So here's a review for the series thus far:

Everyone must own the Robot City series! I would make an apt comparison to the ginger on a sushi dish, but ginger is spicy.

This series is bland and tasteless. And while Philip Farmer's Dungeon makes me bring up breakfast, Robot City merely slides around your tongue like a handful of sand.

However, read just a dozen pages, a
Margaret
Jul 29, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2010
I skipped the intro by Isaac Asimov and went straight to the story. While not a bad story, this seemed like just a part of a larger story and I do believe that this is book 4 of 6. There was an explanation of how Derec & Ariel ended up on Robot City so it could somewhat stand alone although I think I would have gotten more out of it if I had read the first 3 books. I did like the "progression" of the robots journey to understanding and becoming more human-like. I did not like the mad-scienti ...more
Edwin Kort
Eigenlijk weinig van te zeggen.
David
Pequeña mejora en la serie, aquí se basan en la "humanización" de los robots a través del arte y del humor. Tira para atrás esa pasión por Shakespeare que tienen muchos escritores anglosajones, empeñados en hacer un homenaje aunque no pegue ni con cola. Mejora en la parte final, cuando recuerda que es una serie con un hilo conductor y no solo libros enfocados a un aspecto del mundo asimovico
Anita
This series is dragging on. The problem is that I was hooked from the first book into wanting to find out how the main character developed amnesia and what his story is. So, I read on and on. It's ok and the books are short and clever, but maybe they would have been more interesting when I was a youngster. I'll read the next book. I have to know the ending.
Mark Baller
Another great robot book - lots of philosophy - the relationships of human life - alien life - and artificial intelligence - and morality, laws and the governing of such life forms including hybrids cyborgs with robot bodies and human brains -- it is coming and how do we discuss it or begin to understand it but though stories like this -- well written.
Jamie Sweetland
The first half felt like a disconnect between the story and the writing style, but it settled out by the end and came to a satisfying conclusion. Probably the weakest entry I've read in the series so far.
Jeremiah Johnson
This book started off a bit slow, but I liked the way it ended. There is finally some development of the overall story.
Kav
Kav added it
Jan 25, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Knauer.andygmail.com
Knauer.andygmail.com marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Are-you My-mummy
Are-you My-mummy marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Baatwood
Baatwood marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
  • Refuge (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #5)
  • Perihelion (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #6)
  • Suspicion (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #2)
  • Odyssey (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #1)
  • Inferno (Isaac Asimov's Caliban, #2)
  • Mirage (New Isaac Asimov's Robot Mystery, #1)
  • Think Tank Vol. 1
  • The Early Asimov: Book Two
  • The Norby Chronicles (Norby, #1-2)
  • Stargate: Retaliation (Stargate, #2)
  • Nobody Gets the Girl (Whoosh! Bam! Pow!, #1)
  • The Arm Of The Stone (The Stone Duology, #1)
  • Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (Star Wars: The Lando Calrissian Adventures, #2)

Isaac Asimov's Robot City (6 books)
  • Odyssey (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #1)
  • Suspicion (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #2)
  • Cyborg (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #3)
  • Refuge (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #5)
  • Perihelion (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #6)
Night of the Living Rerun (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #2) Rising Stars: Born in Fire J. Michael Straczynski's Rising Stars, Book 2: Ten Years After Flash Gordon Planetfall (Infocom, #1)