Start by marking “Prodigy (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #4)” as Want to Read:
Prodigy (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #4)

Prodigy (Isaac Asimov's Robot City #4)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  344 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
- "I, Robot, a major motion picture loosely based on Asimov's works, slated to hit theaters on July 16, 2004 from 20th Century Fox.
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published June 29th 2004 by I Books (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Prodigy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prodigy

Anna
May 30, 2008 Anna rated it did not like it
This book was painful to read, but it had to be read. The first two books in the Robot City series left me with so many unanswered questions that reading the entire series was a must for me. If you find yourself in a similar predicament and must read this abortion of a book, simply read the first and last two chapters and you'll be able to figure out what's important to the next book in the series without wasting too much of your time.
John Loyd
Apr 07, 2015 John Loyd rated it really liked it
Isaac Asimov's Robot City Book 4: Prodigy (1988) 164 pages by Arthur Bryan Cover.

Derec and Ariel are stranded in Robot City and suddenly some robot have shown traits that haven't been seen in robots before. A structure appears in Robot City which appears to be art, and created by a robot. Another robot is attempting to become a comedian. Other robots are making intuitive leaps in other areas. Derec seeing what is happening puts on a play, which will have an all robot audience and a cast of himse
Scott Holstad
Sep 11, 2015 Scott Holstad rated it liked it
This is an interesting series and an interesting book. The book and the series isn't and aren't particularly well plotted or well written. The characters are pretty one dimensional. There's a lot that's left unsaid and untold. But it's an original story and as a result it's interesting reading.

In this, Book Four, of the Robot City series, the robots develop personalities and discover the arts. One robot builds a colorful, artistic building that overwhelms the robots, as well as Derec and Ariel.
Mars
May 22, 2014 Mars rated it did not like it
I won't even bother leaving a review for this book, suffice it to say that I made it about an eighth of the way in before giving up.

So here's a review for the series thus far:

Everyone must own the Robot City series! I would make an apt comparison to the ginger on a sushi dish, but ginger is spicy.

This series is bland and tasteless. And while Philip Farmer's Dungeon makes me bring up breakfast, Robot City merely slides around your tongue like a handful of sand.

However, read just a dozen pages, a
George
Aug 17, 2015 George rated it liked it
4th book in the Robot City series. Derec & Ariel find themselves marooned in Robot City created by a robotic engineer genius and they seek a way of escaping. Story tells of their efforts to do while dealing with robots that show increasing signs of intelligence and creativity.
Margaret
Jul 29, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2010
I skipped the intro by Isaac Asimov and went straight to the story. While not a bad story, this seemed like just a part of a larger story and I do believe that this is book 4 of 6. There was an explanation of how Derec & Ariel ended up on Robot City so it could somewhat stand alone although I think I would have gotten more out of it if I had read the first 3 books. I did like the "progression" of the robots journey to understanding and becoming more human-like. I did not like the mad-scienti ...more
Ana
Sep 11, 2015 Ana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the author's style and his delivery, and loved the concept of potential autonomous creativity in a man-made brain and all the implications it carries with it.
Edwin Kort
Jan 17, 2015 Edwin Kort rated it liked it
Eigenlijk weinig van te zeggen.
David
Sep 13, 2013 David rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pequeña mejora en la serie, aquí se basan en la "humanización" de los robots a través del arte y del humor. Tira para atrás esa pasión por Shakespeare que tienen muchos escritores anglosajones, empeñados en hacer un homenaje aunque no pegue ni con cola. Mejora en la parte final, cuando recuerda que es una serie con un hilo conductor y no solo libros enfocados a un aspecto del mundo asimovico
Anita
Aug 31, 2013 Anita rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi-read
This series is dragging on. The problem is that I was hooked from the first book into wanting to find out how the main character developed amnesia and what his story is. So, I read on and on. It's ok and the books are short and clever, but maybe they would have been more interesting when I was a youngster. I'll read the next book. I have to know the ending.
Mark Baller
Dec 02, 2013 Mark Baller rated it really liked it
Another great robot book - lots of philosophy - the relationships of human life - alien life - and artificial intelligence - and morality, laws and the governing of such life forms including hybrids cyborgs with robot bodies and human brains -- it is coming and how do we discuss it or begin to understand it but though stories like this -- well written.
Jamie Sweetland
The first half felt like a disconnect between the story and the writing style, but it settled out by the end and came to a satisfying conclusion. Probably the weakest entry I've read in the series so far.
Jeremiah Johnson
Aug 08, 2012 Jeremiah Johnson rated it really liked it
This book started off a bit slow, but I liked the way it ended. There is finally some development of the overall story.
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Pete
Pete marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
David Chapman
David Chapman rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Dave Langfitt
Dave Langfitt marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Rena Sweeney
Rena Sweeney rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Stephane Oury
Stephane Oury rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Danny Arrington
Danny Arrington marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Sigee
Sigee marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Marian Farrell
Marian Farrell rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Niloofar zarif
Niloofar zarif rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Anniewp15gmail.Com
Anniewp15gmail.Com rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
Konstantin Parkhomenko
Konstantin Parkhomenko rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2016
  • Refuge (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #5)
  • Perihelion (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #6)
  • Suspicion (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #2)
  • Odyssey (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #1)
  • Inferno (Isaac Asimov's Caliban, #2)
  • Mirage (Isaac Asimov's Robot Mystery, #1)
  • The Arm Of The Stone (The Stone Duology, #1)
  • Think Tank Vol. 1
  • The Early Asimov: Book Two
  • Norby, the Mixed-Up Robot (Norby, #1)
  • The Walls of Byzantium (The Mistra Chronicles, #1)
  • Isaac Asimov's I Robot: To Obey
  • Stargate: Retaliation (Stargate, #2)
  • Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (Star Wars: The Lando Calrissian Adventures, #2)

Isaac Asimov's Robot City (6 books)
  • Odyssey (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #1)
  • Suspicion (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #2)
  • Cyborg (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #3)
  • Refuge (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #5)
  • Perihelion (Isaac Asimov's Robot City, #6)