Start by marking “Because It's True” as Want to Read:
Preview

Because It's True

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Genre: LGBT Erotic Contemporary

Believing in love and in luck is something Gavin swore he’d never do again -- until he meets Ford. After being left at the altar by his former fiancé, he's a firm disbeliever in good fortune and love. Though there’s an immediate attraction between himself and Ford, they're just too different to make a relationship work. The sex is explosive a
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Because It's True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because It's True

Shell
I was completely captivated by the characters in this book. Ford, a unconventional, superstitious, giant of a man, finds his love in Gavin, a small, slender, nerd who believes in signs and omens about as much as most people believe in the Tooth Fairy. Ford, who not only believes, but can read signs, pursues Gavin. Betrayed by love before, Gavin is not so easily won and it takes time and patience for Ford to break down his barriers. Once down though,Gavin melts under Ford's gentle love for him. F ...more
Jess
This story is pretty freaking cute. I absolutely adored both main characters. I enjoyed watching the romance unfold and I was laughing out loud a few times throughout the book.

I have one issue with the book which stopped it getting 5 stars from me, but it is a spoiler so read at own risk (view spoiler)
Susan
I loved the first half of this book and watching Ford try to persuade Gavin that they were destined to be together was both sweet and funny. I was slightly confused by some of the events towards the end of the book and felt that some important stuff was rushed or not explained properly. I did find Ford and Gavin a pretty loveable couple, though :)
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Jan 28, 2013 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Nikyta
Shelves: angst, read-2013
This was a nice story about Ford, a gentle giant of a man, who believed in omens and signs and pretty much lived his life by them. That's why, when standing in front of an elevator one day, he knew that the next man off was going to be the love of his life. The problem was that Gavin, the next man off, had been burned badly by his former boyfriend and wanted no part of a relationship, never mind a long term commitment.

I have mixed feelings about how the story unfolded. The pace was slow but I b
Coffcat
Dang it! I'm really torn, I want to give this book a higher rating! The story is so new and refreshing but what starts out so promising quickly unravels into kind of a mess. Ford, I love crazy big Ford, who tries so hard and has to be so hyper aware of his size and strength and timid Gavin who tried to be brave once and was burned so badly. Geez, they were meant to be together! I was so sure this book was going to be fantastic. For some reason though the author takes Ford from being boisterous a ...more
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

I liked the story - it was fun but had a deeper aspect, too. I liked the 2 MCs - the were such opposites but balanced each other (even during the switch-up). I even liked the switch-up between Gavin & Ford's outlook - it made sense to me that a man living his life by signs and omens would be thrown into a tailspin when the signs appeared to shift. But did they? Did the ominous signs bring on Ford's doubt or did his doubt cause him to only see the ominous signs?

I did find myself havi
Veronica /  V

I have mixed feelings about this story. I would love to give it more stars in my rating.
But, there where many things that annoyed me to much to rate it better.
Ford and his signs drove me crazy, and if I meet a guy like him in real life, I would get a restrain order for being a stalker.
I agree with some readers the story could be shorter.
Although, some part of the story were so cute and adorable and it deserve a better rating.... just for those very adorable moments.
Alicia
I've read several books by Willa Okati and I've mostly enjoyed them very much. Unfortunately, this one just wasn't my cup of tea. I'm not a big believer in "signs" and "omens", so I had a bit of trouble getting out of my own head and into the groove of the story. I kept having to remind myself that's it's fiction and to just go along with it, regardless of my inner skeptic. So, once I was able to do that, I started to enjoy the romance between Gavin and Ford a bit more. Ford is a sweet, gentle g ...more
JenMcJ
I just can't seem to embrace these characters enough. I have fallen asleep two nights in a row trying to read this book...and I so rarely fall asleep reading even my kids asked me what was going on.
Elisa Rolle
As usual Willa Okati’s stories are a mix of romance and magick, and Because It’s True is not different. Ford is a man who believes in magick, in good omens and signs. A mix of finnish, irish and chinese heritage, he is a man with the body of a bear and the soul of a fairy (no pun intended). While speaking with a new friend, he is challenged to read his own fortune and all the signs are saying that he will meet the man he will marry; when the elevator opens and Gavin is the man in front of him, F ...more
Wende
Very sweet story. It a story of a large teddy bear falling for a shy geek. It worked for me.
Nikki
what a sweet love story....you would never think a guy that big could really be just a big teddy bear.

great story if you beleive in love at first sight or magic, or fate,or signs, or just 2 hot guys looking to find true love...

I recommend if you love m/m books and it has some nice hot sex scenes too.. can't go wrong :)
Chris
So-so m/m romance about a guy who's given up on dating since his last boyfriend ditched him while they were traveling to Canada to get married. This never came together for me - the guys never seemed like actual guys and the book could easily have half as long as it was. Also, I wanted to slap characters. Frequently.
Michi Rosa
I wanted to give this books 5 stars but i can't.

It's a great story but too long, it could be at least 30 pages shorter and (then) it would be perfect!
Ford really annoyed me in the end... got me really confused.

A good reading though.
Tj
I really enjoyed this read. Ford was fun and light. Gavin was shy and timid. They made a great couple. The ending was a bit confusing for me but still an enjoyable read.
Tam
I was so frustrated with Ford at the end that it sucked the joy out of what I'd enjoyed at the beginning.
MT
Oct 15, 2010 MT marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I read part of this book while I was formatting it, and I liked what I read very much!
Sandi Weller
Great original characters. Fun read!
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Alisha
Alisha marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Saygoodnightandgo
Saygoodnightandgo marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
  • Lord and Master (Lord and Master, #1)
  • Gatekeeper
  • Back to Normal
  • Human Nature
  • A Different Breed
  • Long, Lonely Howl
  • The Keeper
  • Angel and the Assassin (Angel and the Assassin, #1)
  • The Last Bite
  • Dreamlands (Dreamlands #1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • The Strength of a Gamma (Pack Discipline, #2)
  • Last Chance (Chances, #1)
  • Blood Brothers (Dragon's Disciple/Blood Brothers,  #1)
  • Litha's Constant Whim (Green's Hill, #1)
  • Tech Support
  • Something Shattered
  • In the Shadow of a Hero
A multi-published author of GLBT erotic, romantic fiction since 2004, I love trying new things -- I have 1001 crazy ideas and want to write them all! I exist primarily on caffeine and pixels, take “camera shy” to a whole new level, and persist in trying to learn the pennywhistle despite being woefully tone-deaf. During the summer, I’m a wild woman with henna.

You can find me on the web here, at my
More about Willa Okati...
And Call Me in the Morning The Name of the Game (The Game, #1) Tomcat Jones (Tomcat Jones, #1) Lovers, Dreamers and Me A Beautiful Disaster