Start by marking “Be My Baby (Konigsburg, #3)” as Want to Read:
Be My Baby (Konigsburg, #3)

Be My Baby (Konigsburg #3)

There’s no room in her life for love. Love has other ideas…

Konigsburg, Texas, Book 3

If Jessamyn Carroll had only herself to consider, staying in Pennsylvania after her husband’s death would have been a no-brainer. Her vindictive in-laws’ efforts to get their hooks into her infant son, however, force her to flee to a new home. Konigsburg, Texas.

Peace…at least for now.

Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Be My Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be My Baby

Jennie Smith
Jan 03, 2012 Jennie Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one could possibly be my favorite! I don’t know if it was Jess, Lars or Daisy… or even Jack who brought it all together for me, but this novel was great! Jess is trying to hide from her crazy mother–in-law in the sleepy town of Konigsburg, Texas all the while the Toleffson’s have other plans for her. Daisy (Lars’ two year old daughter) adds to the mix and proves her intelligence on many levels. I love the interaction of Daisy and Jack and can relate to that innate sense of curiosity because ...more
Manda Collins
Apr 06, 2010 Manda Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of J. Crusie, Rachel Gibson
Another lovely addition to the Konigsburg, Texas series, this one featuring the accountant Toleffson brother, Lars, and mysterious single mother, Jess. Of the three Meg Benjamin books I've read so far, this one was the most serious, but even with the romantic suspense angle, there was still plenty of her trademark humor--a lot of it coming from Lars's precocious daughter, Daisy and Jess's baby boy, Jack. Sexy, fun read.
Tracy
Nov 11, 2010 Tracy rated it really liked it
~* 3.5 Stars *~
Jessamyn Carroll fled Pennsylvania with her infant son when her rich and powerful mother-in-law made it clear that she was expected to bring the baby into the family fold...a fold that Jess's deceased husband had escaped years before he'd met and married Jessamyn. Mommy dearest will stop at nothing to get her grandson back - absolutely nothing, and Jess has taken refuge under her maiden name in Konigsburg, careful to keep her whereabouts a secret from the long reach of her mother-
Erotic Horizon
I am hooked on the Toleffson men and on this series that Meg Benjamin has created. After two visit to small town Konigsburg, I am back for a third time and this times it’s Lars Toleffson turn in front of cupids arrow.

Lars has not had it easy, with a litany of what if’s in his past he is trying to build a new life for himself and his daughter – it’s going well enough and could go better if he could find a sitter for his two years old, who was more interested in the child than in him or has some s
Ni_kii
C is for **censored**
May 19, 2014 C is for **censored** rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
The star rating given reflects my opinion within ‘the official goodreads rating system’. (Notice the two important words... OPINION and RATING)

1 star: Didn’t Like it
2 stars: It’s Okay
3 stars: Liked it
4 stars: Really Liked it
5 stars: It Was Amazing

I don’t really give a rat-fuck that there are some who think I ‘owe’ an explanation for my opinion. Nope, nada, and not sorry about it.

Sometimes I may add notes to explain what my opinions are based on, and sometimes I don’t. I do this for me, on my boo
Calisto
Fleeing from vindictive in-laws, Jessamyn finds herself and her young son in Texas after the death of her husband. In order to make ends meet, she starts sitting the daughter of Lars Toleffson. Just when things seem to be working out for Jess, her life is disrupted by an intruder and Lars (and his family) try to get to the bottom of things before she loses everything.

Jess and Lars are very likeable and, once again, Ms. Benjamin creates terrific contemporary villains. The thing for me here was th
ValerieC
Sep 16, 2010 ValerieC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Really like this little series with the small town and characters that are seen in each book. I know the area where this 'town' is located, so that helped me enjoy the books more since I could relate to locations mentioned. I will read them more than once. I am hoping she writes more of them.

Good stories, action, hunky family of brothers, 30-something women really lucking out, crazy festival organizers, weird little dogs, grouchy cats... it's all there.
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
4 Cups

Be My Baby is a thriller of a book. The Toleffson family is an exciting cast of characters that make the reader want to hear more of their stories. Meg Benjamin created a world anyone would love to visit. Be My Baby is well worth reading.

Delane
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Erin
Dec 03, 2010 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read.
I loved the Jess, Lars and his brothers, the sisters-in-law, and of course the kiddos.
The story line had a nice flow - not too fast, not too slow. Good mystery and a great bad "guy" that you will just love to despise.
Amanda
Jan 17, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book of the series and the sweetest I think of them all so far. Jess and Lars are put through so much and in the process find hope and love. Jack and Daisy their 2 kids are so sweet and "real" not the fake ones most authors write. Anxious to read book 4 about the 4th brother Erik.
Estara
Jul 26, 2010 Estara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really hated the villain here (which surely was intended). And I simply prefer when she concentrates more on the contemporary romance thing than on the suspense.
Sue
Dec 31, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
The third Konigsburg book centers on the third brother and again adds the element of mystery to the plot. Another fun read about people who by now I'm beginning to consider my friends.
Netty
May 26, 2012 Netty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meg-benjamin
I really enjoy reading Meg Benjamin. Who books are witty frothy romance with great dialogue and naturalistic characters. Reminds me of Marie Force.
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2012
Corrina
Corrina rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2014
Vicki
Vicki rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2010
Selena Jml
Selena Jml rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Kari Brookbank
Kari Brookbank rated it really liked it
May 17, 2013
Christy Jones
Christy Jones rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2012
Brandy Kruse
Brandy Kruse rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2012
Flip-adelphia
Flip-adelphia rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2012
Sarah Heindl
Sarah Heindl rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2013
Laura rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Reader's Lust
Reader's Lust rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2011
Rogetwhi
Rogetwhi rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2015
Brandi
Brandi rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2010
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2014
Bryluen
Bryluen rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2013
  • Nobody (Men of the White Sandy, #3)
  • Undercover Heat
  • In the Dark (Children of Night, #1)
  • Just Like That (The Bradfords, #2)
  • Lessons in Love
  • The Dom with the Clever Tongue (Badass Brats, #3)
  • The Bargain
  • Under His Protection (Heart of Justice, #3)
  • Burn for Me (Rancho Del Cielo, #3)
  • Dream Machine (Play Doctor, #1)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • It's Raining Men (In the Heat of the Night, #3)
  • A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4)
  • Conference Call
  • Deathtrap (Broslin Creek, #3)
  • Bare Knuckle (Vegas Top Guns #5)
  • Storm Warning (Shadow Destroyers, #3)
  • Screwdriver (Cocktales, #2)
Meg Benjamin is the author of the Konigsburg series for Samhain Publishing and the Medium Trilogy for Berkley InterMix. Her third Konigsburg book, Be My Baby, won a 2011 EPIC Award for Contemporary Romance. Book #4, Long Time Gone, received the Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award for Indie Press Romance. Book #5, Brand New Me, won a Holt Medallion and was a Long and Short Reviews Best Book. Meg ...more
More about Meg Benjamin...

Konigsburg (8 books)
  • Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1)
  • Wedding Bell Blues (Konigsburg, #2)
  • Long Time Gone (Konigsburg, #4)
  • Brand New Me (Konigsburg, #5)
  • Don't Forget Me (Konigsburg, #6)
  • Fearless Love (Konigsburg, #7)
  • Hungry Heart (Konigsburg, #8)