Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Book #3)

Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Stink #3)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  1,308 ratings  ·  63 reviews
When Stink Moody's second-grade class goes on a field trip to the Gross-Me-Out exhibit at the science museum, he learns that his very own nose has amazing sniffing abilities - and that some people have real jobs sniffing stuff for NASA! Soon Stink is engrossed in toilet water, corpse flowers, and all things smelly. But is his fetid footwear foul enough to win a Golden Clot...more
Published June 14th 2010 by Candlewick Press (MA) (first published February 16th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers

george
Stink and his second grade class get to go on the most amazing field trip (in Stink's opinion, anyway)--the Everybody Stinks exhibit at the science museum! Stink can't wait and when he finally gets there he realizes that he has an uncanny knack for identifying smells. From B.O. to dirt, feet to rotten cabbage, Stink gets every one correct. He decides that he wants to be a professional sniffer when he gorws up. But before he can do that, he just has to win the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers...more
Dillon
The book was great! I red some of their series books. I recommend you to choose this book and read it.
This is why this book is great , this book is great because its great for young readers and many others things it teaches you new words so you can figure out it. this book can be very disgusting but its has some great adventures. please read this book its great. 4 star. :)
Steven R. McEvoy
tink Moody is at it again. Stink got his nickname from his stinky diapers when he was young. But he is also known, nay renowned, for his stinky feet. But in this book he also becomes known for his nose. His class goes on a trip to the museum for a special exhibit - Gross me Out, the Wonderful World of Smelly Stuff. Stink can detect different smells that most other people cannot. But while at the show he finds out about The All-Time World's Super-Stinky Sneaker Contest. Both Stink and one of his...more
Lorraine Der
Library Catalog

Read about Judy Moody little brother and his adventures as he enters the Super-Stinky Sneaker contest. Dubbed “Mr. Nose-it-all” by his classmates for his unique smelling ability, Stink hopes to one day smell a “corpse” flower. When the contest looks like it might be canceled, are Stink’s dreams lost, or can his teacher come up with a way to save the day? Stink has several others of his own adventures for you to enjoy also. Appropriate for Grades 2-4.
Bianca
Kids love the audio books. I love that they're performed by Nancy Cartwright (Of The Simpson's Fame). So fun!
Nathano Tomaso
i did not like this book because:

1. it's stinky
2. i don't think people should stink
Vonnegut
This book was stinky. Well, you know not STINKY, but stink-likely. You know, I didn't really like this book because it said a lot of stinky things! And the worst part about it was the stinky sneakers. If you read this book, I bet you won't like it and if you want to read it, it's called, "Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers." It's covered with green. That's it. P.U. He also has bubble gum on the bottom of his shoe. And stinky slime! The shoe's ripped, you can see his foot. Well, no...more
Tina
This was so funny and the topic is good for boys and girls. I really liked how the topic was unusual but something everyone knew about and could relate to. Loved the funny names for the character but wonder why Sophie is called Sophie of the Elves. This is a series so maybe it was in one of the other books. The stink facts at the end of every chapter were fun and I learned a lot of new things along with the kids. Didn't know that NASA had a smeller but it made sense that they would. After doing...more
Angie Strunk
Aaron's new favorite series
Gideon
Stink went on a school field trip to the science museum to see the Gross Me Out exhibit and Stink was the only person in the world who smelled every yucky scent that they had... Rotten eggs, toilet water and baby diapers. A few days later there was a contest for the World's Worst Super Stinky Sneakers and the prize was new sneakers for you. Stink was the judge and his friend Sophia won. There was a big hole where her fat toe popped right out of her sneaker and she didn't wear socks. Afterwards t...more
Aleeza Batara
This book was pretty good. This is all about Stink wanting to grow up being a World Famous Smeller. Everyone thinks that he can achieve it because he can smell anything. When they went to the museum where you smell various items, they saw a flyer which announces who will win the stinky sneakers competition. When Stink saw this, he already thinks that he will win. But the day of the competition, a judge is home sick and no one can replace the judge, and the competition might be cancelled! Read mo...more
Ubalstecha
During a class trip to the Everybody Stinks exhibit at the science museum, Stink discovers that his nose is the best at determining which smell is which. He also finds out that there is a world's stinkiest sneaker contest. This leads him to experiment to find the smelliest combination of scents so he can win. But what will he do when an even better opportunity comes up.

Fun book full of the gross-out humour that boys LOVE. The Stink series produces yet another great book.
Jen
Stink Moody and his sister Judy are two of my favorite characters! In this book, Stink decides to enter a stinky sneaker contest along with his friend, Sophie of the Elves. When a judge for the competition falls ill, Stink is asked by his teacher, Mrs. Dempster, to be one of the judges! Does Stink forego that opportunity to participate in the contest or does he decide to use his great sniffer to become a judge? Love all the fun little facts between the chapters.
Brittney
"Stink" is a very unusual character. After visiting a "Stink" exhibit at a local museum he discovers his love for stink. He finds himself smelling anything that stinks, like toilet water. In the end stink enters a contest for the sneaker with the worse smell. This book could be used in the classroom as a fun reading assignment. I know there are little boys out there who would love this book. It is a good book for students who are beginning to read on their own.
Chelle
I love the Judy Moody series and so do my kids. I have a daughter and a son so I thought we would try the Stink books and see if we like them as well. I did not like them as well as Judy Moody, that being said my 6 year old boy loved it and did not want me to stop reading. We were on vacation and this book was finished in two days, which is a lot to say for the attention span of a 6 year old boy.
Rita Platt
I liked it. Kids loved it.
Charly
I LOVED that book so much! Because Stink [a character in the story:] is an amazing smeller and he has supper stinky sneakers. And he wants to win the stinkiest sneaker contest but at the same time he wanted to be a judge but that would be cheating he couldn't vote for his own sneakers. He had to make a hard decision. Hope you get to read it!
Jeff
My daughter laughed and laughed at parts of this book, even though she herself had read it before. The book is mostly kid humor, but as a parent I took so much pleasure from her raucous enjoyment.

The Stink books are fun, but if you don't want you child to read the words "booger" or "fart" then this book isn't for you.
Acton
This book is about a kid who entered a contest for the world's worst smelling sneakers. I thought it was a good book because it was very funny. The funniest part to me was when Stink's sister made up a song about him using funny words. I would recommend this book to someone who understands jokes.
Anna
I found Stink to be quite likable compared to his sister Judy Moody! This book is kind of ridiculous but it's really cute and I like that McDonald incorporates science concepts into her storytelling. Stink is likable and silly -- something that's bound to be a hit with the age group that's reading this!
Kiran
I learn't that even if your the best at something it doesn't mean your the " champion of the world" at it and some one can beat you at it ( exept me at burnout 3 takedown I started at 4 yrs old!) Thats true if you don't belive me I promise to god

Emily
We listened to the audio version of this book and of course my boys loved it. I didn't. It seems there is no shortage of fart related books for boys. It didn't help that I felt like I was listening to Bart Simpson (Nancy Cartwright was the narrator)
Talia
Stink has a the gift of a super-sniffer nose, and wants to utilize his talents in a contest to see who has the stinkiest sneakers!

One of the strongest books in this series, I like the "Stink's Super Stinky Facts" in between chapters. Good book for boys!
Christina
Stink's class goes to the museum where he finds that he has an amazing nose! He plans to enter his sneakers into a smelly sneakers contest, but is asked to judge it instead.

Megan McDonald writes such good stories to read aloud to 5+ year old kids.
Sagar
this book was really weird and funny.this was book was about Stink's worst smelling sneakers. His sister Megan didn't want to get near them because his sneaker stunk really badly. His mom and his dad told to take of his sneakers.
Room 123
In this book, there's a stinky sneaker contest. This book is called Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers. It can teach you stuff. The facts are funny. Go to a library and look for this book! by Max
Cami
I appreciate Megan McDonald and her ability to make little kid grossness more palatable. Both the Stink series and Judy Moody are fun reads that both my kids and I enjoy together.
Anna
I gave this four stars because I wouldn't like to wear stinky sneakers. I liked that Stink didn't cheat by entering his own shoes in the contest when he was a judge.
Stinky Shoes!!!!!!!! 1 4 Mar 02, 2013 06:31PM
  • Never Glue Your Friends to Chairs (Roscoe Riley Rules, #1)
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Voodoo Vultures from Venus (Ricky Ricotta, #3)
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Goofy (Time Warp Trio #3)
  • The Fenway Foul-Up (Ballpark Mysteries, #1)
  • Captain Awesome to the Rescue!
  • Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray
  • Miss Lazar Is Bizarre! (My Weird School, #9)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000
  • Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)
  • Horrible Harry at Halloween
"Sometimes I think I am Judy Moody," says Megan McDonald, author of the Judy Moody series, the Stink series, and THE SISTERS CLUB. "I'm certainly moody, like she is. Judy has a strong voice and always speaks up for herself. I like that."

For Megan McDonald, being able to speak up for herself wasn't always easy. She grew up as the youngest of five sisters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her father, an...more
More about Megan McDonald...
Judy Moody (Judy Moody, # 1) Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Judy Moody, #2) Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Stink, #1) Judy Moody Saves The World! (Judy Moody, #3) Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is In! (Judy Moody #5)