Start by marking “The Everything New Teacher Book: Increase Your Confidence, Connect with Your Students, and Deal with the Unexpected” as Want to Read:

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This text recognizes that during the first couple of years in the classroom, teachers need effective suggestions on how to have a positive and lasting impact on their students. From the rules and tools of a successful learning environment to advice on behaviour management, a perfect guide for teachers during their early years.
Published March 8th 2004 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about The Everything New Teacher Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything New Teacher Book

Catherine
When I started the book, I found myself wondering who exactly the audience for this book is: A lot of the beginning felt like a watered-down rehash of my education courses, and most people winding up in the classroom will have taken these courses. As I continued reading, the book began to offer some useful pointers. Unfortunately, the useful bits are heavily padded with generalities and unnecessary verbiage. I don't know how many times the author writes "The fact is..." I'm sure a lot of it has ...more
Nance
This is a really great guide to help with all of the issues that will come up as a new teacher. Once I begin teaching in my own classroom, this will be an indispensable guide for my first weeks. I highly recommend this book for any new teacher. My only complaint is it tends to be a little repetitive, but I guess that really makes the information sink in. The most valuable information is about dealing with relationships with other staff/administration. I also really gleaned a lot of information f ...more
Hannah Spencer
I read the whole book even though I got rather tired of it.
If you were in a quality teacher education program, or even a junky one, then maajority of this book was repetitive.
Amanda
Even sixth year teachers can use a review of fresh ideas. :)
Kayla
Elementary teachers best leave this on the shelf.
Karan Johnstone
Good information for new teachers.
Jenn
Jenn added it
Jun 02, 2015
Zarina
Zarina marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Skullcrusher Manor
Skullcrusher Manor marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Ruby Lyn
Ruby Lyn marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Jennifer Brantley
Jennifer Brantley marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Muhammad
Muhammad marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Hend Abu-alhassan
Hend Abu-alhassan marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Hana Al-enzi
Hana Al-enzi marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Lauren Amber
Lauren Amber marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Mediterranean Women Stay Slim, Too: Eating to Be Sexy, Fit, and Fabulous! A Baltimore Love Story The Everything New Teacher Book: A Survival Guide for the First Year and Beyond 180 Tips and Tricks for New Teachers A Baltimore Love Story 2