Start by marking “Crazy For Love” as Want to Read:
Crazy For Love

Crazy For Love

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  1,666 ratings  ·  151 reviews
Chloe Turner thought she was going to marry the perfect man-until her fiancé's plane crashed. And then she got the really bad news: he'd tried to fake his own death to avoid marrying her. Now America's most famous bridezilla (a tag she most definitely does not deserve), Chloe escapes to a remote island to avoid the paparazzi. And right next door is a man who just might be ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Crazy For Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy For Love

Auntee
Jul 05, 2010 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans who don't mind a hero with a few problems
Hmmm...not my favorite by this author (and I love her other stuff!) but something about this one didn't fully work for me. In some respects it was similar to her previous contemporaries (Talk Me Down, Start Me Up, Lead Me On)--there were traces of humor ("Holy ass cheeks, Batman" had to be my favorite line), some hot sex (but not a whole lot), and quirky characters. But I had some problems with the plot and the hero was just too messed up for my tastes.

As far as the plot? Let's see, in a nutshel
Mojca
Crazy for Love I’ll be blunt. I’ve never read a more idiotic excuse for a premise and plot in my life.1. Why would paparazzi follow a nobody? Besides, aren’t Bridezillas in fashion? Isn’t there a reality show on the theme?2. Why would a guy fake his own death just to not get married? Sorry, but the explanation in the end didn’t gel with me.3. How can someone be so freaking weird as the hero? Hasn’t he heard of therapy? Sorry, but the explanation for his “quirkiness” (which was anything but quirk ...more
Miss Kim
This was a disappointment. There was little character development, and a shell of a story that was basically dumb in my opinion. It starts off with two women accountants fleeing the paparazzi to a vacation getaway. They are chasing …..um I just finished the book hour ago and I cannot recall the heroines name…hmmm…anyway…chasing her because her fiancé faked his death to get out of marrying her, and then when he is found out, he made up a story that she was a bridezilla of epic proportions. Of co ...more
Samantha
Crazy for Love is a light, funny, read for the summer. Victoria Dahl brings to life the joy of finding romance in a crazy, quirky, fun way.

I had a hard time placing my feelings for this book. While I enjoyed it a lot, I was not in love with it. Sure it had some of my favorite elements: humor, hot steamy love scenes and a cute quick side romance. However there were some things that just did not gel together well enough for me.

Chloe Turner has had a rough past. She found out her fiancé did not di
Catherine
This was a very refreshing change of pace for me. I'm not a big contemporary reader, but when I heard a new contemporary Victoria Dahl was released I just had to have it.

Max was so adorable. I just wanted to grab him and cuddle him. I loved the scene where he was busted by Chloe! He was such a faker. Everyone thought he was such a bad boy because he always hooked up with "bad" girls and had an adventurous life. No one ever saw how he joked and laughed and flirted his way into getting people to d
Mandi Schreiner
Why I read: I read Lead Me On a few months ago and it became one of my favorite books.

Favorite Quote: "Holy ass cheeks, Batman"

Chloe has been dragged off by her best friend Jenn to a remote island off of Virginia – for some rest and relaxation that is much deserved. A month ago, Chloe was planning her wedding to her beloved fiancé Thomas. But that abruptly ended when he went into a plane, crashed it and faked his death. Since then, the paparazzi have unfairly named Chloe the biggest Bridezilla
Alisha
....yet another delightful book from the delightful Victoria Dahl. I picked this one up because I wanted to read something sweet, funny, engaging, and easy. And I was not in any way disappointed! yippee!

The story follows the perspectives of three characters: Chloe Turner, her best friend Jenn Castallan, and Max Sullivan. Chloe has just gone through a very messy, public breakup and even messier public humiliation. Jenn drags her best friend to a secluded island off the coast of Virginia, far from
Froggie
One of the most frustrating books I've read this year. Victoria Dahl's works usually resonate well with me but this book is just as crazy as the title says. The scenario is too unbelievable and the characters while sometimes cute are too unhinged and problematic for me to connect with them. The only reason I was able to finish was because of the writing.

Do not read this as your first Victoria Dahl book.
Karen
I was dying to read this book since Victoria Dahl’s Tumble Creek series is one of my favorites but this book fell a little short of that.
Chloe meets Max while they are both vacationing on a secluded island. Both have issues of course. Chloe’s fiancé faked his own death to avoid the marriage and the media has been hounding her ever since the discovery that he is really alive. She’s reeling from the realization that her life wasn’t what she thought it was and doesn’t know if she can trust her inst
May
I really thought the "guy who craves safe & normal meets girl who IS pretty normal but wrapped up in scandal that isn't really about her (but about her crazy fiancee)" plot was going to work for me...

In some ways it did, because I've never read a "bad" V.Dahl book! This one had plenty of funny moments, the plot wasn't entirely predictable, and I liked a lot of it. It's just... Things were just off.

I couldn't get past the media "frenzy" over her. I understand the fiancee who faked his death
Wicked Incognito Now
I LOVE this book. This is my favorite Victoria Dahl so far, and I've loved all of her books.

I really crave good contemporary romances. Sure, I love historicals, paranormals, and urban fantasy--but a novel that is grounded in the real life here and now is my favorite. Unfortunately, I just have not found many contemporary romance authors that strike my fancy. Usually, I find contemporaries silly and full of nonsensically contrived plots.

Victoria Dahl, OTOH, writes characters that are real. Situat
Sophia (FV)
Chloe is experiencing a much unwanted fifteen minutes of fame. She is being ruthlessly pursued by the paparazzi, not because she is pop-tart-of-the-month or the latest hot mess of an actress. No, she is America's most famous bridezilla , or at least that is how the media is portraying her. While she was planning her dream wedding, her fiancé faked his own death in an effort to avoid marrying her. She’s basically just the girl next door, an average low key kind of girl but that’s not newsworthy a ...more
Larissa
I just finished this book and It is official, I have an official girl crush on Victoria Dahl! Ever since I decided to get out of my paranormal comfort zone and read het Tumble Creek series (and loved it, review HERE), my reluctance against contemporary romances has been much smaller. Specially when it comes to Dahl’s books, in that case I just rush forward and get the book hehe.

Crazy for Love is a very unusual but very compelling story. Victoria puts her main characters through the ringer and gi
Quinn
Crazy for Love was my first read by this author, and I think I picked the wrong book to try her out. I liked the writing, but the plot was completely implausible to the point of being almost ridiculous, and that ultimately affected my enjoyment.

It’s pretty easy for me to suspend disbelief in most genres, but that’s much harder to do in straight contemporary where the characters, settings, lifestyle and circumstances are more ordinary and current, and therefore immediately relatable. Unfortunatel
Kerry
Who wrote this book? I was looking forward to reading a book by the Victoria Dahl who wrote 'Lead Me On' and 'Talk Me Down' and 'Start Me Up'. Those books were great! 'Crazy For Love', however, was not! All 4 characters were so pathetic. I don't mean to put down people who seriously have a problem like Max, but don't write a romance about it! That's not sexy! It's annoying.

The sex scenes were still hot, but not enough to recommend this book. I don't know what Ms. Dahl has planned for her next bo
Emma
Norma
This was a cute story. Typical Victoria Dahl. Light, airy, a little on the silly side with a nice side of steamy sex. I liked the characters enough, but the story itself was, well, silly.

Still, it's a good summer read and a nice escape from reality. :)
May 23, 2012 Jennifer rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: not so much
The nicest thing I can say about this book is that all the characters were pretty equal in their insanity, so no one character really stood out as extra douchey. A resounding MEH to this book.
Paige Prince
Chloe was quirky and funny, even while going through one of the worst times of her life. The fact that she was able to show as much strength as she did after having her whole life blow up in her face made me really like her. Watching her grow into her own person and find her way through the muck made me cheer - and I haven't cheered for a book in a while.

Max kind of made me want to slap him repeatedly even while I laughed at his attempts to control everything while still trying to maintain the i
Carrie
Four stars for this book because I loved the hero, Max. Or perhaps more accurately, I love the way Victoria Dahl handles the character of Max. Dahl has written a humorous book, but she stops short of make fun of Max and his OCD issues. While the plot was unlikely and even a bit silly at times, Dahl managed to make Max a truly warm, sympathetic character. She manages to make his actions at once funny and sad, and she keeps him from being a cardboard character. As a parent of a child with OCD and ...more
Anja
Mar 15, 2015 Anja rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: c, w-az
I absolutely loved the first half of this book. It was very funny and charming.

Max was adorably cautious and protective. I disagree with the reviewer that said she couldn't reconcile Max's addiction to the thrill of SCUBA diving with his need to take care of people. Max states his reason for being in this dangerous career is because when he is underwater it is the only time he feels calm regardless of the stress of worrying about the safety aspect. He isn't attracted to helpless damsels, but he
Rose
I'm really glad that I gave another read of Victoria Dahl's work, because I might be the only one who wasn't crazy for...okay, I might as well say I didn't care for them except for "Start Me Up"...the Tumble Creek series, but I ended up liking this quite a bit.

"Crazy for Love" is a light romance romp featuring charming characters, though each of them have their fair share of issues. The novel revolves around Chloe Turner and her best friend Jenn, two women escaping a horde of paparazzi to a tro
Amanda
Book #58 of 2012

I... really didn't like this book. The last 1/4 was OK, which is pretty much the only reason it got two starts instead of 1. Chloe, I actually liked. Max... I hated. Very very much. I don't know if his need to control E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. is an actual real problem that people have or not, and I get that Dahl was trying to make him "nuanced" or whatever, but I would have punched him after five minutes. I HATE it when people treat me like a child, and Max spends the entire book tre
Sara
Casse NaRome
Victoria Dahl is a true Contemporary Romance genius. Her Hero's are lust worthy and sweet while her Heroines are hilariously realistic and likeable and in this novel there are double the heroes and double the heroines so it's double the Hottness!

This is probably Dahl's best book yet and the humor never ends which is a great pairing with the romantic style of all Victoria Dahl books. There were moments when I had to cover my face with embarrassment for the Heroines while saying "Oh my gawd, she d
Barbara Elsborg
I didn't get it at all. The premise of this so-called Bridezilla being pursued so relentlessly by the press would only work if she was famous. Why would they care so much otherwise? I kept expecting to read she was the daughter of the president or something. But no. Despite all the nice writing and - I did love the character of Max - all I could keep coming back to - was - there is no basis for this story. I could go on, but I won't.
Darcy
I really liked this authors 3 previous books (Tumble Creek), but this one was just so so. It was missing the witty, snappy dialogue the others had. Max with his control issues annoyed me, he couldn't seem to handle a normal person. Not that Chloe's situation was normal, no matter that she was. The whole secondary story line with Jenn was boring and fairly predictable.

Jill Myles
I think I actually liked this one more than LEAD ME ON. Light, fun, summery read - Victoria Dahl's contemporaries are an auto-buy for me, and this one did not disappoint. I enjoyed Max and Chloe (and their issues) and adored the romance between Jenn and Elliot.
Gwen Hayes
Victoria Dahl's contemps are auto-buys for me. I love her heroines, even the messed up ones. Which I spose is kinda all of them. But they are always women I would love to hang out with.
Kaetrin
Why I read it: I nabbed a copy of the bound galley from NetGalley and I've read (and enjoyed) Ms. Dahl's other books both historical and contemporary (I prefer her contemps BTW).

What it's about: (here's the blurb from the author's website) Chloe Turner thought she was going to marry the perfect man-until her fiancé's plane crashed. And then she got the really bad news: he'd tried to fake his own death to avoid marrying her. Now America's most famousbridezilla (a tag she most definitely does not
  • Just One Taste (Recipe for Love #3)
  • Born on the 4th of July (Includes: Men Out of Uniform, #6.5) (Harlequin Blaze, #549)
  • Underfoot (Bellagio #2)
  • Love Me If You Dare (Bachelor Blogs, #2)
  • All They Need
  • Mad, Bad and Blonde (West Investigations, #1)
  • Burning Up
  • What the Librarian Did (Harlequin Superromance, #1622)
  • Be Mine:  Sizzle\Too Fast to Fall\Alone With You
  • Proof by Seduction (Carhart, #1)
  • Money, Honey
  • Someone Like You (Los Lobos, #1)
  • Black Ties and Lullabies (Playboys, #3)
  • Coin Operated (Dirty Laundry, #1)
  • Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2)
  • SEALed with a Ring (SEALed, #3)
  • I Want Candy (Bigler, North Carolina #2)
  • The Devil and the Deep
I have my mother to thank for my passion for writing. My mom is an avid reader of popular fiction, and I began reading highly inappropriate books around the age of eleven, I think. (Thanks, Mom, for always leaving those delicious books strewn about!)

To Tempt a Scotsman, a Golden Heart winning historical, was my first published book. Here I am signing the cover! A Rake's Guide to Pleasure (which w
More about Victoria Dahl...
Talk Me Down (Tumble Creek, #1) Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2) Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2) Good Girls Don't (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #1) Lead Me On (Tumble Creek, #3)