Start by marking “Out Of Control (McClouds & Friends #3)” as Want to Read:
Out Of Control (McClouds & Friends #3)

Out Of Control (McClouds & Friends #3)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  3,156 Ratings  ·  123 Reviews
In Behind Closed Doors and Standing in the Shadows, Shannon McKenna introduced the McCloud Brothers: intense, rugged, super-sexy, and deliciously sensual. Now, Davy McCloud is about to meet a woman he can't trust--or live without . . .

Disillusioned P.I Davy McCloud has learned the hard way not to follow blind impulse when it comes to women. He'd rather play it safe, and ke
Published (first published April 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Out Of Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out Of Control

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Reading this at night before bed stretched out the process, but it was worth it. There's something about Shannon McKenna's way of writing romance. It's utterly sighworthy but extremely earthy. Sometimes I think a sacrifice is made with extra-steamy romance to convey the eroticism, and often the diehard romance is left behind. Not so with McKenna. Davy thinks he's the knight saving the princess, but he's pretty darn messed up. Margot really is an alpha heroine in a good way. When the book takes p ...more
Blacky *Romance Addict*

This series is getting better with each new book!! Loved this one, Davy was awesome, even the main woman was great! There is much more humor in the writing and more suspense. Definitely my favorite so far.
Holly
Oct 30, 2008 Holly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shannon-mckenna
I wanted to like this one. I really did. I've been wanting to read Davy's story since he came out of the inky darkness dressed all in black outside that strip club, in Connor's story. I couldn't wait to tear into him but when I read it, Davy became a mean, bad tempered, angst ridden, clueless male who is unfortunately saddled with an annoying heroine who brought out all his flaws.

Davy is completely clueless when it comes to figuring out women. Weird, huh, for someone who is able to read women d
Zeek
5/24/2016 Realized I never got a review in for this one so did a quick re-read over the weekend...

Margot has a bit of a problem. More than a bit- she has a psycho stalker on her tail. The dead animal on her porch has finally pushed her to do something about it. Enter the Mccloud brothers.

Davey owns the building she teaches aerobics in and he's noticed Margot. But he also does some PI work, so he's already run a background check and has determined she has DO NOT ENGAGE written all over her. When
Kathleen
Dec 04, 2009 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 4 1/2 stars. I really don't understand why so many people thought this was not a good story. Ok, so Davy was a little stubburn and harsh with his feelings towards Margot. Yeah he said somethings that were hurtful at times but givin his back ground I understood where that came from. This is a series and not ever hero should be perfect or to me it would get boring. I thought the story was really good, it kept me interested the whole way through. The bad guy Snakey was so darn cree ...more
Wminbc
Apr 29, 2009 Wminbc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Friends...with a review like this...everyone needs to be reading Shannon McKenna!!!

Personally...if I were to pick a McCloud brother or friend...for me it would be Davy! I loved how he was the most alpha, the most aggressive and the most unrelenting pursuer and lover.

Quite simply, he did not take no for an answer, he muscled his big body in to everywhere and he pursued Margo with a single minded focus that I would only fantasize possible.

Also, Margo was Kick-ASS! She rocked and Tam saw it too! A
Bekah
Aug 18, 2009 Bekah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sam~Alpha Male Addict~ Woodley Duenas
Davy you cutie pie you!

I've been rereading the series because I just finished In For The Kill (book 11) and I am not ready to let go of the McClouds crowd yet!

Classic McCloud and McKenna style. Great heroine who is strong willed bad ass brave but also in need of her hunky man and Alpha, arrogant, domineering yet sweet hero who sees his woman and single-mindedly pursues her until she gives in (and saving the day along the way!)

I love it! I will always love this series!
Mancho283
Jan 05, 2015 Mancho283 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 อานมาสามเลม ชอบเลมนีทีสุดเลย ฟิน จริงๆจะวาไปแนวการเขียนคลายๆกันเลยนะแตละเลม อานมาสามเลมแลวแตกยังรูสึกนาติดตามตอ พระเอกจอมบงการ หวง หวง รัก และf...ทุกเวลา เลมนีนางเอกโดนตามจากคนโรคจิต(ซึงจริงๆหวังจะมาเอาของอยางอืนดวย) เลยตองไปขอความชวยเหลือจากพระเอก ชอบพลอตแบบนีนะ คือเหนวานางเอกโดนตามชัดเจนไปเลย แลวมันจะฟินมากเวลาพระเอกหวงใย >_< ...more
Sonia Cristina
Se não fosse a relação entre os protagonistas, teria melhor classificação, mas Davy e Marg desenvolveram um relacionamento algo doentio, na minha opinião. Ora estavam bem, ora se desentendiam e eu nem percebia bem de onde lhes vinha aquilo e isto durante todo o livro, chegando ela a desconfiar que era Davy o seu perseguidor. A sério, é demais e irracional.

A estrela do livro foi, sem dúvida, o cão Mickey :)
Heather
When I was a kid, I never wanted a sibling. I never asked my parents for a baby brother. I never envied my friends because of their siblings. I always figured that having a sibling meant you were more likely to get in trouble and that sharing was basically over-rated. Over all, I never really saw the point. Then I discovered the Fictional Sibling and it all started to make sense.

Fictional Siblings are always good looking men who know martial arts. If you're female and your prom date dumps you, t
Lauren
Out of Control
4 Stars

Synopsis
Framed for murder and on the run, Margot Vettner is facing her newest challenge in the form of a crazed stalker. The only one she can turn to is sexy private investigator, Davy McCloud who prefers his life and his women simple, calm and uncomplicated. Margot is none of those things but Davy is unable to stop the hunger she arouses in him, and must decide if she is worth the effort before a twisted psycho takes matters out of his hands.

Review
Sexy and spicy - the most
Farah
Mar 09, 2014 Farah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books
The title is pretty much accurate cause the characters are totally out of control Margot and Davy drove me crazy those two are toxic together .. their "I can scream louder" contests and the 24 hour humping made my head spin.

Margot is a spit fire .. Literally !! feisty could be a way to describe her but I prefer the term "crazed" .. she argues all the damn time .. I bet she'd argue about the weather if she can .. she just doesn't know when to stop .. she's the kind of person who could push peo
Jill
Hmmm where to start.... I would like to say I am thoroughly enjoying the books by Shannon mckenna. Until a few days ago I had never heard of her and for a few years I have been reading mostly paranormal type books.
These are like a breath of fresh air. The men are awesome, Davey was a little nasty at times but Margot was very indecisive.. she even frustrated me a few times. I love theses mcloud brothers. Raised by a crazy paranoid dad, being made to be the crazy controlling self sufficient men th
Katherine
Out of Control is my least favorite book in the series so far. I liked the suspense part, but when it came to the main couple... That wasn't so good. Davy's intense, way too intense. It irritaded me how he -not- dealed with his feelings.
Every time Margot opened he mouth, I wanted her to shut up. I get it that she likes to ruffle Davy's feather, but how idiot you are? Ugh. It bacema annoying at one part, and then she got a bit more... subdued.

I lost count of how many condoms were used in this bo
Laylaw
Jan 12, 2015 Laylaw rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a hot mess to me, seriously it was all over the place and from book 1 I think I really wanted to know more about Davy and yet this book was just crap. I hate to sound harsh, but it was so hot and cold and when it was cold it was frigid. It was a mess and cluster that seemed smashed together. The plot line had serious potential, and yet the characters fell flat. I am invested in the series being that this is book 3 but this one has been a huge let down. Moving on to book 4, fingers cross ...more
Panagiota
Sep 21, 2009 Panagiota rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Davy. The tough, tight lipped, ex-solider who takes up the place of three in a room. I was more interested in how he'd unfold, develop and grow than his love interest Margot. His story is the most endearing among the three brothers he being the eldest with the most burden of their raising and loss of parents. I was intrigued to see how he would let his guard down, for once and found it very sweet (there is no other word to describe it better than that) once he did. I couldn't help but read on to ...more
AliciaJ
I enjoyed it, except for the part where the heroine Margot went all TSTL and ran from Davy the hero. But she made up for it with her actions later. And I loved the ending. It's funny because I wasn't actually all that eager to read this installment in the series, thinking that Davy was too dour and quiet to be that exciting as a hero. But I'm so glad that I was wrong. This actually turned out to be very good. And I loved Margot's smart mouth. She's great. Now I want to go back and re-read the wh ...more
Lou
Nope this book did not work for me. Although I liked the story I did not like the main characters at all. The heroine drove me crazy and not in a good way. I didn't feel their chemistry at all. As a suspense story it was good. The romance not at all. But I will continue with the series because I cannot wait to read about Sean.
Jane Stewart
Scary but great.

To date, I've read five of Shannon McKenna's books and love them all. Her characters are interesting and different. The bad guys are so terrible it scares me, but that's why they call it a thriller. It's a great experience to read her books.

For a list of my reviews of other Shannon McKenna books, see my 5 star review of “Ultimate Weapon” posted 11/15/08.
Kimberly
Jan 30, 2008 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-novels
I love Shannon McKenna's brooding, alpha heroes. I think I liked Seth and Raine's, and Connor and Erin's stories more, but this one was just as entertaining and emotionally charged. I'm looking forward to reading about the next McCloud brother, Sean.
Neha Oberoi
Oct 10, 2011 Neha Oberoi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Liked the fast paced action and the grumpy toughie. But seriously crack a smile already and his constant shutting out of the woman was really beginning to annoy me about halfway into the book. A little more emotion and we would have had a winner.
Arantzazu
2,5
Amy
Oct 17, 2010 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Davy was an overly dominant man that kept pissing me off. But the story line wasn't bad.
Kaetrin
4.5 stars.

Narrated by Nelson Hobbs

reviewed for AudioGals. http://www.audiogals.net/2015/07/out-...
Marie
Mar 17, 2017 Marie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
NOPE. This book is a mess. It was okay until it got to the romanticized rape scene. This guy sexually forces himself on the heroine and it's supposed to be arousing? Romantic? Both? She tells him to back off for several pages but he still forces himself because "she can't keep fighting him."
This book might end up in the trash.
Andrea Hussey
Oct 30, 2013 Andrea Hussey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book started off being pretty funny and enjoyable to read. I could tell the author really had a sense of humor because she said funny phrases and sayings, or just had a really humorous way of saying something that wouldn’t have otherwise be funny. I always appreciate humor in a book, and I thought I was in store for a good book with likable characters. But that quickly faded as I realized Margot, Margarett, whatever the freak her real name is, was basically a bitch. She goes to him for help, ...more
Kathy
Soby
I enjoyed McKenna's Behind Closed Doors a lot more than I expected, so I was looking forward to reading the other books in the series. This book centers on the oldest McCloud brother, Davy, and Margot, a woman hiding from some truly terrifying people who - thanks to her cheating ex - think she has something extremely valuable to them.

I don't have terribly fond memories of this book, though, I did enjoy the beginning when Davy and Margot were first introduced and trying to figure each other out.
Question 3 24 Mar 31, 2016 07:11PM
  • Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)
  • To the Limit (The Bodyguards, #2)
  • In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
  • Ice Blue (Ice, #3)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Willing
  • Thrill Me to Death (Bullet Catcher, #2)
  • Line of Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #4)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
Also wrote five category romances under the penname Shannon Anderson

::From The Author's Website::

HOW IT ALL BEGAN

I started writing my first romance novel in secret. I was working a temp job in an insurance office in Manhattan at the time, and the office manager had made it clear that even if there was nothing to do, I still had to look busy-- never one of my big talents. I felt bad about the waste
More about Shannon McKenna...

McClouds & Friends (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Behind Closed Doors (McClouds & Friends #1)
  • Standing in the Shadows (McClouds & Friends #2)
  • Edge of Midnight (McClouds & Friends #4)
  • Extreme Danger (McClouds & Friends #5)
  • Ultimate Weapon (McClouds & Friends, #6)
  • Fade To Midnight (McClouds & Friends, #7)
  • Blood and Fire (McClouds & Friends #8)
  • One Wrong Move (McClouds & Friends #9)
  • Fatal Strike (McClouds & Friends #10)
  • In For the Kill (McClouds & Friends, #11)

“Hope and fear are two sides of the same coin...

She didn't want to give up hope, so she was just going to have to live with the fear.”
15 likes
“Welcome to Planet Female,” she said sweetly. “Enjoy your stay. The first stop on our tour will be Insignificant Issues. Please open your guidebooks to page 317.” 13 likes