The Jury

The Jury (Sisterhood #4)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  3,113 ratings  ·  112 reviews
TEA. SYMPATHY. REVENGE. THE SISTERHOOD HAS THEIR OWN STYLE OF JUSTICE.The women of the Sisterhood know life isn't fair, but that doesn't mean they have to like it-or let it pass. Instead, these best friends share their joys, troubles, triumphs, heartaches and one collective mission: to right wrongs and bring justice where it is desperately needed. Even reeling from loss of...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Zebra Books (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Jury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jury

Heather  * lost in her own world*
Sisterhood #4

At the end of book #3 Nikki's name was chosen. After everything that happened Nikki just needs a break. What can go wrong if Nikki spends a month or three on an Island incommunicado? Well Myra stubbles upon neglected horses and reports it, and things sotra go down hill. So half the book is about that and of course brings them into the Sisterhoods spotlight.

The other half is a surprise visitor that deperatly needs their, the Sisterhoods, help. Pauly Woodley was brought out to the far...more
Mary Cushnie-Mansour
What happens when those in high places use their power to abuse their family, thinking they can get away with their crimes just because of who they are? That is the basic essence of "The Jury." I was intrigued by the write-up on the back of the book, however when I started reading it wasn't until half-way through the story that Paula Woodley, the victim, showed up and the real meat and potatoes of the novel started to piece together. Until then, I was tempted, numerous times, to just put the boo...more
Carole Stamps
Once again...nothing good to say. However, I am ashamed to admit that I seem to be aggravatingly addicted.
The narrator is alright as far as the main characters voice goes, but when she pulls in characters such as Myra, Charles, Jack, etc....she's totally unbearable to listen to.

Remember that monotone voice from the TTS function...that would be much more suitable here.

Character developments are way off the realm of description. For example try to picture a tough, female semi-truck driver. We al...more
Jody
Nicki is part of a group of women that meet, plan and administer justice to individuals the escape the court system after committing crimes against helpless victims. Nicki is the lawyer for the group and in this story it is her turn to pick a project to correct a wrong.

The group starts an investigation of stable owners that have mistreated horses, where a group of horses have starved to death and had the case acquitted when the stable manager was accused of the abuse after he disappeared. In the...more
Jennifer Verley-Mitchell
this book was so disjointed. you spend half the book or more reading about the horse problem and THEN it switches to the wife abuse. Sometime before that you also have a problem with a lawyer.....it was like 3 stories in one and 2 were never finished. I've read other books by FM but seriously this one stunk.
(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
Okay, I've read Fern Michaels before and I was disappointed by this book. The story was all over the place and the book was so short. I really feel she didn't give enough time to really play out all the characters and background to make this a good book.
Kathy
Chris
THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY

Fourth in the Sisterhood vengeance and suspense series revolving around a group of women vigilantes seeking their own brand of justice for the wrongs done to or against them.

The Story
Kathy Davie

The Story
It's Nikki's turn for vengeance and she's thoroughly confused. She's sure that the ladies expect her to want retaliation against Jack Emery for trying to find evidence against them and that's not what she wants. In fact, she wants just the opposite. And isn't that going to throw a spanner in the mix!

Luckily, she fin...more
Jodi
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Synopsis: It's Nikki's turn for payback in the latest installment in Michaels' Revenge of the Sisterhood series. Everyone believes she'll go after her former fiance, Jack, who has sworn to bring the ladies down for stepping outside the law to bring restitution to those denied justice by legal means. But Nikki has no intention of doing so. In fact, she gets back together with him after they agree that Jack will not actively pursue the Sisterhood in his new job as the Washington, D.C., district at...more
Joie
Fern Michael's Sisterhood series continues to grow more annoying and ridiculous with each book. The Jury is the worst yet.
These stories are corny, far-fetched and at this point, I'm not sure if I will see the series through.
I can understand desperately wanting to see justice served, but these women take their revenge too far. I am often appalled at what they do in carrying out their (sometimes violent) missions.
To top it all off, I am becoming more and more apathetic towards the characters in t...more
Aquit
Ok...The first book and second book was good but this book was just plain stupid. Nikki has got to be the weakest and stupidest woman ever. All she does is cry about how she's still in love with Jack and whine about choices and blah blah. Then magically after everything Jack made her and her gaggle of friends go through they forgive each other after a magical pocus of sex and all is well. I don't even get the "revenge" theme anymore. There is no revenge until the last three or four chapters. The...more
shalla
I started reading these books because they were highly recomended to me, and while I enjoy the theory and the story itself, I find myself rolling my eyes often at the writing, they are really poorly written...which kind of shocks me because while Im not a huge fan of fern michaels, I have read other books of hers and the books themselves werent written this juvenile..

getting past that though haha, the story itself is good, and thats why I keep on with the series, I like to see what these women c...more
Rona
A totally unrealistic plot and a disappointing sequel to the other two sisterhood novels.
Janet
Groan! Michaels has got to be using a ghostwriter. The quality of work in this series keeps slipping further and further. In the last book, Nikki and her crew drugged her ex-fiance, kidnapped him, and made him horribly ill. Jack vowed revenge. In this book, he won’t even speak to her, then suddenly he forgives her, they make love, and are back together again. I know true love is supposed to conquer all, but this is ridiculous. The only reason I keep reading this series is to see the evil doers g...more
Rhonda
I liked this series so much I'm rereading them in the proper order which is did not do the first time. As you can imagine it make much more sense that way and I'm really enjoying them all over again.
Erin Bell
This is a series of 21 books. The author does a great job of pulling you in, making you sympathize with these "damaged" women. You cheer them on as they meet in secret to plot their next revenge, wanting them to be able to bring closure to the tragedies that have turned their lives upside down. With Myra and her unlimited funds, plus Charles and his unlimited skills, it seems like nothing can go wrong... Or can it?!?! I am only on book 5, but I am loving this series!
Jintana
ตอนที่ 4 ของซีรีส์ Sisterhood ไม่ค่อยชอบเล่มนี้เท่าไหร่รู้สึกว่าเรื่องมันอ่อน ๆ ยังไงไม่รู้ จู่ ๆ พระเอกกับนางเอกก็คืนดีกันง่าย ๆ จะว่า "because I love you" มันก็...นะ

ส่วนเรื่องการแก้แค้นเล่มนี้เหมือนคนแต่งยังหาพล๊อตไม่เจอรึเปล่า เหมือนเขียนไปแล้วครึ่งนึงแล้วเปลี่ยนใจเลยออกมาครึ่ง ๆ กลาง ๆ ที่จริงอยากให้แค่ 2.5 ดาวแต่ได้เรื่องโรแมนติคของพระ-นางมาเป็นตัวช่วยอีกหน่อยละกัน

ความท้าทายของการเขียนซีรีส์มันก็อยู่ตรงนี้แหละ ถ้ารักษามาตรฐานเดิมไม่ได้มันก็แย่ลง
Donna
Apr 03, 2012 Donna rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Donna by: Mom
I have really enjoyed the Sisterhood books BUT I have to agree w/ the MANY readers who have voiced their displeasure at the writing style. The vengence aspect & the creativity is entertaining BUT (yes, again)the writing is junvenile & contrived. Characters exhibit anemic development, holes remain & conclusions dangle in minor threads of the stories. Not much else to say on this count. Read it for the entertainment factor ONLY if you can ignore the writing faux pas.
Carol  MacInnis
Sometimes the justice system just doesn't work and those that are wrongly hurt turn to each other. Like the 'Sisterhood", who now have each other and are becoming recognized as the "vigilantes".

Paula Woodley, who has been severley abused by her power broker husband and now has the backing of these vigilantes. Fern Michaels does an incredible job of putting a smile on my face when one who has been so wronged, finally gets some satisfaction. A great novel!
KM
This is one of the most stupid books I've read. The story was all over the place - the original problem these "ladies" were supposed to solve was dropped in the middle of the book and never solved.

I also think that while the idea of getting justice for those who can't get it on their own seems appealing, I think these "ladies" go way too far and the boyfriend, reporter, etc wouldn't really go along with all this.

Mia
Just awful. At least it was short.
Arlene
The fourth book in the Sisterhood series! This time its Nikki that needs to even the score, but things change and the sisters decide to even the score for one that is not in their group! Lots of things happening in this book that I dont want to give away, so lets just say there's mystery and suspense and love and our ghost also. Very much a page turner and I cant wait to read the next in the series!
Darlene Ferland
I have gobbled up another book in the series and have already started o the next one. . . Absolutely spellbinding!!! I love the flow of Ms. Michaels writing. It seems effortlessly but I know that can't be right. The story centered around Nikki and the twists and turns were wonderfully entertaining. Still a little dark but I find I'm cheering the Sisterhood on with each turn of the page. . .
Sarah Lewis
This one was a little better, at least they didn't skin anyone. I wasn't going to read anymore of this series because these women can go to the extreme for their revenge. I really don't want to get on Fern Micheals bad side if this is her idea of revenge. I will probably try the next one, but if it's anything like the first and third one in this series I won't read the last two.
Wendy
Nikki
Another book that I'd give a 3.5 to, if allowed. I rounded down, though because some of the things these ladies do are violent enough to make me squirm. I am intrigued and discomforted by their plans and struggle with approving of them. But then, that's good writing, as it gets me to keep coming back. Maybe I should be giving myself 3 stars....
Annette
The Jury... a fluffy little 'read in a day' book. Not much here to sink your teeth into, however, entertaining for a break. A "sisterhood' of women take on revenge when the justice system breaks down. In this book they go after an abusive husband, crippling him in retaliation for the abuses he has visited on his wife over the years.
Liz
Fourth in the Sisterhood series, this revenge brought in a new character and taught a "Wife Beater" a lesson. Most of this book was character development and I enjoyed the break from the revenge piece especially as book three was a bit brutal. Not that the revenge in this book was equally brutal, but it was one chapter.
Sisterhood Series 11 36 Aug 01, 2014 10:42AM
  • Waking Up in Charleston (The Charleston Trilogy, #3)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • Binding Spell (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms #3)
  • Journey of Hope:  A Novel of Triumph and Heartbreak on the Oregon Trail in 1852
  • Charlotte: Pride & Prejudice Continues
  • Summer in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 3)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5) Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)