Start by marking “The Jury” as Want to Read:
The Jury

The Jury (Sisterhood #4)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  3,558 ratings  ·  123 reviews
TEA. SYMPATHY. REVENGE. THE SISTERHOOD HAS THEIR OWN STYLE OF JUSTICE.The women of the Sisterhood know life isn't fair, but that doesn't mean they have to like it-or let it pass. Instead, these best friends share their joys, troubles, triumphs, heartaches and one collective mission: to right wrongs and bring justice where it is desperately needed. Even reeling from loss of ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Zebra Books (first published June 1st 2005)

Mary Cushnie-Mansour
What happens when those in high places use their power to abuse their family, thinking they can get away with their crimes just because of who they are? That is the basic essence of "The Jury." I was intrigued by the write-up on the back of the book, however when I started reading it wasn't until half-way through the story that Paula Woodley, the victim, showed up and the real meat and potatoes of the novel started to piece together. Until then, I was tempted, numerous times, to just put the boo ...more
Heather  *trying to find a good book*
Sisterhood #4

At the end of book #3 Nikki's name was chosen. After everything that happened Nikki just needs a break. What can go wrong if Nikki spends a month or three on an Island incommunicado? Well Myra stubbles upon neglected horses and reports it, and things sotra go down hill. So half the book is about that and of course brings them into the Sisterhoods spotlight.

The other half is a surprise visitor that deperatly needs their, the Sisterhoods, help. Pauly Woodley was brought out to the far
(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
Okay, I've read Fern Michaels before and I was disappointed by this book. The story was all over the place and the book was so short. I really feel she didn't give enough time to really play out all the characters and background to make this a good book.
Carole Stamps
Once again...nothing good to say. However, I am ashamed to admit that I seem to be aggravatingly addicted.
The narrator is alright as far as the main characters voice goes, but when she pulls in characters such as Myra, Charles, Jack, etc....she's totally unbearable to listen to.

Remember that monotone voice from the TTS function...that would be much more suitable here.

Character developments are way off the realm of description. For example try to picture a tough, female semi-truck driver. We al
Kathy
Katie Q
This is like an ongoing soapie that snares you in because it is simple and interesting. This book did not have as much development of characters as previously and had a touch of romance to soften the revenge being undertaken.
Jennifer Verley-Mitchell
this book was so disjointed. you spend half the book or more reading about the horse problem and THEN it switches to the wife abuse. Sometime before that you also have a problem with a lawyer.....it was like 3 stories in one and 2 were never finished. I've read other books by FM but seriously this one stunk.
Nancy J
I swore I'd never read another book by Fern Michaels after reading a romance of hers years ago. Normally, I would not have finished it, but it was required of me to read and report for a Yahoo reading group called Read & Swap. Years later, I happened across Fern Michaels' Sisterhood series. It intrigued me, so I read the first and loved it.

The series revolves around a rather elite group of extraordinary, young, pretty women who had been terribly wronged by men in their lives. They got very i
Chris
THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY

Fourth in the Sisterhood vengeance and suspense series revolving around a group of women vigilantes seeking their own brand of justice for the wrongs done to or against them.

The Story
Jody
Nicki is part of a group of women, The Jury ~ Sisterhood #4 that meet, plan and administer justice to individuals the escape the court system after committing crimes against helpless victims. Nicki is the lawyer for the group and in this story it is her turn to pick a project to correct a wrong.

The group starts an investigation of stable owners that have mistreated horses, where a group of horses have starved to death and had the case acquitted when the stable manager was accused of the abuse af
Kathy Davie

The Story
It's Nikki's turn for vengeance and she's thoroughly confused. She's sure that the ladies expect her to want retaliation against Jack Emery for trying to find evidence against them and that's not what she wants. In fact, she wants just the opposite. And isn't that going to throw a spanner in the mix!

Luckily, she fin
Jodi
Sandra
I enjoy these books. They are a light, quick read where women get revenge when the justice system has failed them. Add a little mystery and romance, and there is the story. They aren't going to improve you and they are definitely not classics in any way. I say they are a light read, but there is violence. So if you don't like violence, these books are not for you.
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Synopsis: It's Nikki's turn for payback in the latest installment in Michaels' Revenge of the Sisterhood series. Everyone believes she'll go after her former fiance, Jack, who has sworn to bring the ladies down for stepping outside the law to bring restitution to those denied justice by legal means. But Nikki has no intention of doing so. In fact, she gets back together with him after they agree that Jack will not actively pursue the Sisterhood in his new job as the Washington, D.C., district at ...more
Kristi Wiley
Another good one!

Love reading this series. It's always good for a few plot changes and in reality is an idea that more than one woman has wished they could carry out in real life. It's hard not to want revenge when someone has wronged you!
Sharon
I was disappointed by "The Jury" by Fern Michaels. I have read all of the books before this one and plan to read more of the series. There was too much violence in this one for my taste. I'm hoping the next in the series is more enjoyable.
Joie
Fern Michael's Sisterhood series continues to grow more annoying and ridiculous with each book. The Jury is the worst yet.
These stories are corny, far-fetched and at this point, I'm not sure if I will see the series through.
I can understand desperately wanting to see justice served, but these women take their revenge too far. I am often appalled at what they do in carrying out their (sometimes violent) missions.
To top it all off, I am becoming more and more apathetic towards the characters in t
Aquit
Ok...The first book and second book was good but this book was just plain stupid. Nikki has got to be the weakest and stupidest woman ever. All she does is cry about how she's still in love with Jack and whine about choices and blah blah. Then magically after everything Jack made her and her gaggle of friends go through they forgive each other after a magical pocus of sex and all is well. I don't even get the "revenge" theme anymore. There is no revenge until the last three or four chapters. The ...more
Mary
Not as good as the first three. I will stick with them though simply because I love the justice and the follow up in the epilogue.
shalla
I started reading these books because they were highly recomended to me, and while I enjoy the theory and the story itself, I find myself rolling my eyes often at the writing, they are really poorly written...which kind of shocks me because while Im not a huge fan of fern michaels, I have read other books of hers and the books themselves werent written this juvenile..

getting past that though haha, the story itself is good, and thats why I keep on with the series, I like to see what these women c
Rona
A totally unrealistic plot and a disappointing sequel to the other two sisterhood novels.
Jenn
a great quick read series.
Janet
Groan! Michaels has got to be using a ghostwriter. The quality of work in this series keeps slipping further and further. In the last book, Nikki and her crew drugged her ex-fiance, kidnapped him, and made him horribly ill. Jack vowed revenge. In this book, he won’t even speak to her, then suddenly he forgives her, they make love, and are back together again. I know true love is supposed to conquer all, but this is ridiculous. The only reason I keep reading this series is to see the evil doers g ...more
Rhonda
I liked this series so much I'm rereading them in the proper order which is did not do the first time. As you can imagine it make much more sense that way and I'm really enjoying them all over again.
Vicki Lanzendorf
I never really felt "connected" to the characters in this story. The story itself was entertaining, but the characters weren't developed enough for my liking.
Erin Bell
This is a series of 21 books. The author does a great job of pulling you in, making you sympathize with these "damaged" women. You cheer them on as they meet in secret to plot their next revenge, wanting them to be able to bring closure to the tragedies that have turned their lives upside down. With Myra and her unlimited funds, plus Charles and his unlimited skills, it seems like nothing can go wrong... Or can it?!?! I am only on book 5, but I am loving this series!
Jintana
ตอนที 4 ของซีรีส Sisterhood ไมคอยชอบเลมนีเทาไหรรูสึกวาเรืองมันออน ๆ ยังไงไมรู จู ๆ พระเอกกับนางเอกกคืนดีกันงาย ๆ จะวา "because I love you" มันก...นะ

สวนเรืองการแกแคนเลมนีเหมือนคนแตงยังหาพลอตไมเจอรึเปลา เหมือนเขียนไปแลวครึงนึงแลวเปลียนใจเลยออกมาครึง ๆ กลาง ๆ ทีจริงอยากใหแค 2.5 ดาวแตไดเรืองโรแมนติคของพระ-นางมาเปนตัวชวยอีกหนอยละกัน

ความทาทายของการเขียนซีรีสมันกอยูตรงนีแหละ ถารักษามาตรฐานเดิมไมไดมันกแยลง
Donna
Apr 03, 2012 Donna rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Donna by: Mom
I have really enjoyed the Sisterhood books BUT I have to agree w/ the MANY readers who have voiced their displeasure at the writing style. The vengence aspect & the creativity is entertaining BUT (yes, again)the writing is junvenile & contrived. Characters exhibit anemic development, holes remain & conclusions dangle in minor threads of the stories. Not much else to say on this count. Read it for the entertainment factor ONLY if you can ignore the writing faux pas.
Carol  MacInnis
Sometimes the justice system just doesn't work and those that are wrongly hurt turn to each other. Like the 'Sisterhood", who now have each other and are becoming recognized as the "vigilantes".

Paula Woodley, who has been severley abused by her power broker husband and now has the backing of these vigilantes. Fern Michaels does an incredible job of putting a smile on my face when one who has been so wronged, finally gets some satisfaction. A great novel!
Sisterhood Series 13 39 Oct 29, 2014 02:25PM
  • The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #1)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#2)
  • Dragonfly Creek (Firefly Hollow)
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • Sorcerer's Ring Bundle (Books 1,2,3) (The Sorcerer's Ring)
  • Arianna Rose: The Awakening (Arianna Rose, #2)
  • The Defiant Governess
  • The Bride Price (An African Romance, #1)
  • The Day is a White Tablet
  • Remember the Moon
  • The Hauntings of Cold Creek Hollow
  • Chicago's Headmistress
  • Lone Calder Star (Calder Saga #9)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8) (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus (The Sisterhood: Rules of the Game, Book 2)
  • Fast Track
  • Collateral Damage (Sisterhood, #11) (Rules of the Game, #4)
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5) Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)