Blank-133x176
Dans La Maison Hantée

Alyssa Satin Capucilli

Dans La Maison Hantée

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The author/illustrator team of Inside a Barn in the Country uses picture clues to tell this funny story about a spider, a cat, a bat, and many other "creatures" inside a spooky house.
Published 1999 by Gallimard (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Dans La Maison Hantée, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dans La Maison Hantée

Charlotte
Charlotte really liked this one - some of the words are tiny pictures. The book calls this "rebus" but I am not sure that's 100% accurate. Doesn't a rebus show a picture as part of a word? Or the sound of a word? Either way, Charlotte liked it a lot, and when I read her the back of the book (her new thing, I must read every single printed word on the front and back covers) and said "rebus" she put together the word-pictures in the book with the character of Danny Rebus from Electric Company on P...more
Ivano Parravano
This is a rebus-rhyme poetry book. The words and phrases are catchy and easy to remember. The illustrations are colorful and each page adds on to the previous. This book is suitable for primary grades and older. I chose this book because it was a little different that other poetry books I have seen. I liked how some pictures replaced words in order for young readers to read along.
Tam
This is a Level 2 Scholastic Reader meaning it has new vocabulary and longer sentences for a developed reader.

The story is similar to "The House That Jack Built". It takes one thing and adds another. Then repeats both things and adds another. My 5-year-old liked it but didn't love it.
Lori
My youngest loves this book. He can actually read along with me, because it repeats the entire story, just adds a new line each page, and shows you a picture in place of some words.... he enjoys this book! And its got a little twist at the end that always makes him laugh.
Robin
Junebug "R.E.A.D." with this to wondrous approval from her kids, especially now that it's Halloween time. The building of the story (repetition), engaging imagery (pretty pictures), and surprise ending were perfect for capturing the interest of young readers.
Ann Moody
This one is a real cute charmer. From Tedd Arnold's adorable, wide-eyed, not-scary monster illustrations, to Capucilli's brilliant rhythmic rhyme, it's pure engaging fun for early readers.
Nicki
This book is adorable! Something fun beginning readers can start to read for themselves, and that is so fun mom and dad will enjoy it too. And, I've always loved Ted Arnold's illustrations.
Diana Pettis
Here is the hand that knocked on the door and startled the spider that dropped to the floor.

Guided Reading Level: J
Word Count 472 words
Grade Level: 1-2

Theme: Halloween
Tatiana
A funny Halloween repetition book that has the talented Ted Arnold's artwork highlighting the goofy humor of the haunted creatures of a creepy, silly home. For ages four and up.
Bridget
This is such a fun rebus book. Be sure that you have a lot of breath, as the reader, to finish the end of the book.

Illustrations are by Tedd Arnold (Huggly books).
Rebecca
I love this book! I'm 15 and sometimes I'll randomly start reciting the rythme line for line. It's such a cute story.
Yulia
Another one of my kids' favorite! I love the story and the pictures, and my kids love reading it "all by themselves"
Sharon
A new purchase for the Halloween season. Not as popular as our many skeleton-related choices.
Jennifer Kelley
Love the rebus in this story--great to get the kids involved.
Shai
A lot like the old lady who swallowed a fly. Very fun read.
Dean
This was like "THe House That Jack Built" It was funny.
William Ware
still have this one memorized
Leah
Cumulative story with rebus.
Mortis Boys
The boy memorized this one.
Becca'sChild
Becca'sChild marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Brett
Brett added it
Sep 19, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Emily Harestad
Emily Harestad marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Alyssa Satin Capucilli was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1957. She graduated from Sarah Lawrence College, and pursued her interest in dance, becoming a professional dancer and dance instructor. Though Capucilli had written stories, poems, and even puppet shows as a child, she didn't consider a career as a writer until after her own two children were born. To this day she sees herself as both a da...more
More about Alyssa Satin Capucilli...
Biscuit Goes to School Biscuit Biscuit Finds a Friend Bathtime for Biscuit Biscuit and the Baby