A Little White Lie

A Little White Lie

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  212 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The truth could make their one perfect night crumble into dust.

It’s Friday night and advertising agent Stella Sinclair’s plan to catch the red-eye back to New York is fading with the Montana sunset. She’ll do anything to land this western-wear company’s account, but what’s she going to do all weekend in this Podunk town?

On the way back to the hotel to watch paint peel from...more
Published July 27th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published June 21st 2010)

Nichole ~Bookaholic~
short but very hot read...but lies and omissions are not good people, they always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Here is my synopsis - the city girl (Stella) is in the country on business, has a weekend fling with a cowboy (JD) who turns out to be the grandson of the person she pitched a business proposal to, which of course he does not mention (and she finds out before he can tell her)said grandfather then tells city girl she will get the account if she convinces grandson to take over the bu...more
Mrs. Missive
okay...this book made you make some emotional leaps. The characters fall in love VERY quick. And make a life altering decision pretty damn fast IMO. The book was so small they had to.

But the writing was good, the sex was smokin, and there were some really likable (albeit stereotypical) characters.

Stella is sent to pitch her company and runs into JD who is trying to not run said company. Of course they run into eachother, screw each other's brains out, and fall for each other. There is a conflic...more
Blackraven's Reviews
Lena’s Review:

One word that describes Stella Sinclair is city girl. From the beginning of the book you can tell she is no country girl. Now JD Foster may be all cowboy but deep down his heart knows when it’s found its soul mate.

These two were a hoot to read and Mackenzie McKade did an awesome job of creating deception, a little betrayal and a hot round of sex to make it worth reading. The chemistry between these two was all there and just waiting to combust to something awesome.

In addition, Ms....more
Heather
This book has two of my favorite things; a hot cowboy and hot-sex with that hot cowboy. If you have ever read anything by Mackenzie McKade then you know what to expect. If you haven't read everything by this author...what are you waiting for? She is on my must have list.

Both characters in this story were well established, especially since it was a short story. I got just enough information to pull me into the story. The interaction between these characters was well written, as always. There was...more
gert
short, which is a good thing. don't know how this book would have done in full-length. there may have had to be an actual plot and stuff.

taken for what it is - sex scenes with a bit of unbelievable story scattered in there - its an ok book. but don't try to make it more. because then you'd have to wonder how a career-minded city girl, who initially wanted out of the po-dunk town, does a 180 after one day of fishing.

but hey, its mackenzie mckade.
Ni_kii
This was an enjoyable, short read! Stella drops into the small town to do a business deal and meets up with JD, the hunky cowboy. Steamy sex ensues and then JD finds out Stella is intown to do business with his Grandfather....he decides not to tell her incase she decides against sleeping with him.....

Its an easy read. The characters are good and believable and the plot kept me interested. Im keeping it on my Kindle anyway!
April
Smexy cowboy story!! I love a steamy read!! I would love to see more in this story! Great story and super hot & heavy!! Great characters who make the story thoroughly entertaining! It was a touch stereotype but I would have loved to have more to the book. I always find a good book too short!
Karen
It was boring to be frank. Anticlimactic too. Dull, drab, what ever you want to call it. Too perfect. Not enough conflict. Nothing exciting. The sex scenes were normal and not very hot. It was short, but in a bad way. I will not be reading it again.
Jaime
A quick read, just enough steam to keep it interesting. This would have made a great complete book, the author had plenty of room to fully develop the relationships between all of the characters.
Emily
"JD Foster usually stays far away from "city girls", that is until Stella Sinclair walks into the bar."

Full review on Sensual Reads
Sharon
It was a fun read, although short.
Amanda
Jan 12, 2011 Amanda marked it as to-read
getting ready to read this!
Njoyn
Can't remember. Paid $2.66
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Jenetta
Jenetta marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Mobetter13
Mobetter13 marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Kendall The
Kendall The marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Joan
Joan added it
Jun 21, 2014
Marggie Caggiano
Marggie Caggiano marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
JudyB
JudyB marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
  • Back in the Saddle (Cowboy Kink)
  • Breaking Leather (Lone Star Lovers, #4)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Wild West Boys (Wild West Boys, #1 & #2)
  • Where Have all the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1)
  • Half Hearts
  • Rescue Me
  • Roped And Ready (Quicksilver Ranch, #1)
  • What She Wants (Cape May, #1)
  • Ride (Studs in Spurs, #3)
  • Stick Shift
  • Riding West (Untamed #1)
  • California Cowboy
  • Creative License
  • Damaged Cowboys
  • Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3)
  • Tyler (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #1)
Born and raised in Arizona, I guess you'd call me a desert rat. Well, actually, I'd be a desert rat that loves the mountains and lakes. Arizona gives me great pleasure, because if I'm not at the computer writing or buried nose deep in a book you'll find me on a four-wheeler, or a jet ski, or being pulled behind my 26’ Monterey boat on an oblong tube called a ‘hot dog’ laughing my ass off. In fact,...more
More about Mackenzie McKade...
A Tall Dark Cowboy Take Me Again (Wild Oats, #2) Bound for the Holidays (Ties That Bind, #1) Take Me (Wild Oats, #1) Lisa's Gift