The Weather Book: Why It Happens and Where It Comes From

The Weather Book: Why It Happens and Where It Comes From

2.77 of 5 stars 2.77  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  5 reviews

The Weather Book is a delightful miscellany of everything remotely meteorological. It is jam-packed with enlightening facts, practical diagrams, and clear explanations about weather phenomena and why they form. It includes weather systems—electrical storms, h...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Michael O'Mara

To ask other readers questions about The Weather Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Weather Book

Courtney Williams
Book 9/52 of my 2014 challenge to only read books by women

The book: The Weather Book: Why it Happens and Where it Comes From

The author: Diana Craig, on whom I can't really find any information with which to populate this section.

The subject: Weather! Weather! Irritating chummy asides! Some more weather!

Why I chose it: Because weather, because British.

The rating: One and a half stars out of five (rounded up because I'm feeling generous)

What I thought of it: Even though I find it very interesting...more
Nick
I wanted a fairly simple explanantion of weather systems but I don't recommend this. It's a series of fairly disconnected "facts". From the bibliography I get the sense that the author has simply read and regurgitated a few other primers on the subject and doesn't really understand all that much themselves.
Alan Hughes

This is a quick easy read. A pleasant book to while away some time. It would be an excellent waiting room ot toilet book as it comprises short chapters to dip into in any order. There is lots of interestinfg information and migth be valuable a for people setting quizzes.

Packed with enlightening facts, practical diagrams, and clear explanations about weather phenomena and why they form The Weather Bookis a delightful miscellany of everything remotely meteorological. It is jam-packed with en

Stephen Huntley
Looks promising but disappoints; the same old reheated guff you read in many sub-standard articles on the subject, but with little teaching insight and real feel for what is being explained. For anyone who doesn't already know a lot you'll struggle to get any genuine understanding; those who already have some knowledge will learn nothing new. Avoid.
Jonathan Hutchins
irritating, little gobbets of science but with coy punning section headings which overall gave a condescending feel
Snell
Snell marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Fatmir Jusufi
Fatmir Jusufi marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Paul Cheney
Paul Cheney marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Neveen Mjahed
Neveen Mjahed marked it as to-read
May 02, 2013
Allie Whiteley
Allie Whiteley marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Ian Mackean
Ian Mackean marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Ben Hetherington
Ben Hetherington marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2010
Images of Impressionism(ppr/Brd) I Love You Mum (Gift Book) The Gardeners' Book: Age-Old Advice and Tips for the Garden A Book for Mum: Because She's So Special The Life and Works of Arcimboldo (The Life and Works Art Series)