Start by marking “Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11)” as Want to Read:
Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11)

Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  24,135 ratings  ·  1,089 reviews
From #1 New York Times bestseller Kresley Cole comes this gripping tale of a battle-maddenend warrior driven by revenge and the Valkyrie temptress who haunts his dreams.

He Vowed He'd Come For Her...

Murdered before he could wed Regin the Radiant, warlord Aidan the Fierce seeks his beloved through eternity, reborn again and again into new identities, yet with no memory of h
Mass Market Paperback, 515 pages
Published February 15th 2011 by Pocket

To ask other readers questions about Dreams of a Dark Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams of a Dark Warrior

Auntee
Feb 25, 2011 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
I don't know how much more I can gush about this series, but I'll try. Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark is one of my three favorite paranormal series, the others being J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. I guess the reason I love these series sooo much is because of the things they all have in common--excellent writing displaying the authors' vivid imaginations, fantastic storytelling skills that have you either laughing at the characters' ...more
♥ Sarah ♥
More of my reviews at I'm Loving Books.

Before I begin my review on this spectacular addition to the Immortals After Dark series, I'd like to first commemorate the coming out of book #11 by listing the top 11 reasons why Kresley Cole is the ultimate bad-ass writer:

1) Action scenes that keep you holding your breath and turning the page. Complete with lines such as "Rock out with your cocks out!" and "That all you got, muthafuckas?".
2) She does sexual tension...flawlessly. the perfect amount witho
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Dreams of a Dark Warrior is a story about an undying love that a man had for a woman, a long time ago. Of course, the man is a berserker, a warrior who harnesses the spirit of the lean winter bear--angry, fierce, powerful, and possessive; and the woman is an immortal valkyrie. This is a book about the danger and sacrifice of love. Love causes you to give yourself away, and there is no guarantee that you'll get anything back. But that is what love is.

CS Lewis wisely said:

“To love at all is to be
valee
Wow, what a ride! I loved this book. I stayed up till 6 am just reading. Loved every page. Something funny happens to me with this series, every time a pick a book in it I get surprised because it makes me remember why I love this series so much. As too much time passes between one book and the next I tend to forget the reasons that made me adored this series but I only need to read one book in it to find myself crazy about it all over again.

At first it was all about the world building. I had ne
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
Ok folks, seriously, this is book 11. You are either already reading the series and you have plans to read book 11 regardless of what I say or you already read part of the series, thought it stunk, and will never get to book 11; or you've never touched this series and the status of book 11 is irrelevant.

Following my logic? Good since I have no clue what I just wrote.

Anyhow, this series is absolutely, without a doubt, one of my favorites. IN ADDITION, here is the biggie, and a rarity, the series
Sammy Loves Books
1.5 "I Almost Did Not Finish" Stars!!

What can I say? I hated the Hero. Hated him!!!

Declan Chase can go Suck a Dick!!

hater

The author tried to redeem him in the final 40 pages which was too little too late because I hated him for the first 400 pages.

I had to make myself finish this book. Too much repetition of events from the previous book. Freakin Torture!! This book gets 2 stars because Kresley Cole is a talented writer and it hurts me to give her a 1 star.

Regin the Radiant

description

I just HATED Chase. Which
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
MINOR SPOILERS

Dreams of a Dark Warrior is the 11th instalment of the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole and let me tell you, this girl knows how to write! I’ve always said that Cole writes amazing prologues and Dreams opens up with an epic one! It’s 43 pages long and is probably one of my favourite parts of the book!

I will admit I wasn’t feeling Aiden that much. He reminded me of Lachlain from A Hunger Like No Other. He’s arrogant, possessive and gets pissy when things don’t go his wa
Laura the Highland Hussy
I loved this book. Coming from Demon from the Dark to this one, I was really worried that Kresley Cole, one of my writing goddesses, wouldn't be able to make me like Aidan, let alone, LOVE him. Well, I don't love Aidan...but I do love Declan. That distinction is what makes this book.

After the vivisection of Regin we saw in Demon from the Dark, I kept waiting to see how KC brought us back from that...and wow, the circumstances were not what they seemed.

Declan Chase was such a tortured hero...and
Mel
Feb 26, 2011 Mel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Actually: 3,5 stars, but I'm going to bump it up to 4 for entertainment value.

Dreams if a Dark Warrior is the eleventh in the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole and this time it's Regin the Radiant- Valkyrie, notorious swords(wo)man and prankster- battling the odds to find true love. It's a long, hard road, as her fated one turns out to be a human with a vehement hate against anything supernatural.

This book started out great. Regin is smart and funny and in combination with Nïx, she's
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
I can see why people screamed for more Lothaire when they were done with the story. I would have rather read his story than Chase's.

You know how I always say I like the boys to be bad in my books? Well, I do! I loved Slain because he was just bad, bad, bad. But Declan? He was just evil. I didn't like that. He hurt the good beings and the bad beings. He tortured them. Sorry, but I do not feel sorry for you! You missed out on my sympathy after the first torture. Never mind that you'd been torturi
~E~ Riverina Romantics
What do you do when you love an author so much that you want to give them the acclaim they deserve???

You sit around typing, retyping, typing and retyping for long stretches of time trying to put into words why she is so fabulous...and then at the end of all that, you delete everything in complete frustration knowing that it is completely impossible to express how high you feel when reading her work.

So in a completely understated manner I will say that "I absolutely love, adore, cherish and worsh
Heather C
This was Dark! Much darker than most of the other books in this series and it hardly had any funny moments. Also, it takes place at the same time as Demon from the Dark, so I can see where the timeline could be confusing if I had not just recently read it. But I still really liked it, even with all the darkness and the angst.

I really loved Declan! Yeah, he did seem evil but the guy really didn't know any better. He had such a tortured, scarred life. I even liked Regin; I never liked her in any o
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
This is the first time I honestly don't know how to rate a book!

Part of me wants to give this story ONE star, while another part of me wants to give it FIVE stars because of the emotions it evoked in me. I will say the hero did redeem himself (mostly) but he will NEVER be a favorite of mine.

Full review and rating to come

Blacky *Romance Addict*

I seriously disliked the main guy here. Even though he did get better in the second half, since I didn't warm up to him from the start, I really didn't give a sh*t about his turnabout.
The two stars go to the last 30%, and the narrator for the audiobook, that guy is simply brilliant!

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
5 Stars

What an Awesome book!!!
*~Spoiler Alert~*

Regin the Radiant finally gets her book. She is sexy, hot, funny, a badass Valkyrie. But with a very sad soul. She found her one and only but loses him and grieved for him...4 times. Oh the heart ache! But alas a HEA with Declan Chase the 5th and last incarnate of Aiden the fierce.

I was actually afraid I might not like Declan Chase and wondered how Kresley Cole can make the readers fall for him. I knew from the previous books that Aidan the fierce w
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
At last! Regin and her Berserker's story! I LOVED this book and sped through it in pretty much two sittings (damn work getting in the way of my reading time grrrr!) What I liked about this book and how it differs from the others in the series is that it tells the story from other characters POV other then the h/H, in this book we finally get a good look at Lothaire The Enemy of Old, and I LOVED Nix and Lothaire's mini stand off! I cannot wait for Lothaire's book, I am not a huge fan of his but h ...more
♡Karlyn P♡
The time-line for Dreams of a Dark Warrior parallels with Demon from the Dark, and takes us back to that remote island prison in the Pacific. (In truth, these stories are going on at the same time - so be sure to have read Demon from the Dark first.) Valkyrie Regin the Radiant is being held prisoner by warden Declan Chase, a deeply troubled sexy mortal who believes all immortal creatures are evil and should be destroyed. He is a top member of The Order, an organization led by Webb who will stop ...more
Leah
Long awaited and by far the longest (515 freaking pages!) Immortals After Dark book, Dreams of a Dark Warrior is probably one of my favorite IAD books. Admittedly, I did have a rocky start. There was a time there (about 150 pages, give or take), where I wasn't sure if Declan and I were going to go from Dating City to Long-lasting Relationshiplandia or if we were headed to Splitsville. I genuinely wanted us to like each other and have a good relationship because I've been waiting for Regin's book ...more
Katie(babs)
Kat Kennedy
Wow. Way to be the most boring book ever. Regan is awesome as always, but Declan Chase is boring beyond measure.

Also, the audiobook narrator should not be allowed to voice female orgasms. It's just incredibly disturbing when people walk in on that embarrassment.

Jessica Hatfield
I give this book 5 Dark Stars.

photo declan3_zps4482e7b5.jpg

This book is Darker then most the others and I wondered after reading the last book if I would like this one because of the "TORTURE" that Declan did to Regin, But I really did like this book the way Cole wrote it to where there was very little torture coming from Declan he did stab her to kidnap her but he didn't know her then and only once did he torture her with pain poison not the way the other book made it seem like he was tearing her to pieces daily for weeks
Kaleigha
Somehow, some way, Kresley Cole made me her slave. I love the IAD series. Love it. All of them, and this was no exception. I think my raging excitement is half of the joy of the book.

Finally, after many years of waiting, we get the story of Regin the Radiant and her besotted Berserker, Aiden. Well, sort of. Regin is very much present, but Aiden...well...

In this incarnation, Aiden is in the form of Declan Chase. Destined to crave Regin eternally, Aiden is reincarnated again and again, driven to f
Mandi Schreiner
Reviewed by Mandi and Tori

Mandi’s Favorite Quote: Straightaway, she’d called to the guards, “Oh boys?” She’d sauntered to the glass in only her black lace bra and panties. “I need some assistance.” When they slowed, agog, she’d purred, “Can one of you help me find my orgasm?”

Tori’s Favorite Quote: “I can’t believe your going to sacrifice your archery mojo...who am I gonna hang out with when your a talentless nobody?”

Berserker Aidan the Fierce and Valkyrie Regin the Radiant have had a tragic love
Ren
For Indonesian crowd, read my review here : Ren's Little Corner

More than 5 stars and Top Read 2012

Some big questions for me :
Why it take me so long to read this?
Maybe because I wait for Lothaire?
Maybe its just not held my interest last year, since I'm too picky?
Maybe I just tired of paranormal romance genre so I try another?
Maybe, maybe, maybe...

Right now I just can said : I'm so ASHAMED to not read this a long time ago, when this book coming out, because Kresley Cole is gooooooood!! edited:G
Cindyg
Hands down one of the best in the series. Declan and Regin are one awesome couple. My heart ached for Declan and the suffering he endured as a young man and then to be brainwashed by that asshole Webb. I sure has hell hope Webb meets his end and soon. He is pure evil. Regin was the same wise cracking, smart ass we've come to love and my heart broke for her, I wanted her to have the love of her life in her life. I sure didn't see how she and Declan where going to get around that damn curse. Can't ...more
Karla

Excellent!! Deserves more than 5 stars!

Loved Declan Chase, but I guess I’m a sucker for a tortured soul. Unlike the other IAD books, this one was not about finding the mate, bride, etc, because Declan and Regin’s destiny has already been established. What the book did give us was more of an insight into the Lore, and the creatures that inhabit this world. I love that some Ms. Cole’s books take place simultaneously, being that we already know the outcome of some of the characters that are mentio
Wendy
Wow, that was fabulous!

Riveting from beginning to end. Declan and Regin's relationship is intense, passionate and tender, and I loved every minute of it!

Melindeeloo
Valkyrie Regin the Radiant has lost the man she might have loved four times, though he has yet again been reborn she thought to avoid watching his curse take him from her yet again. But of course fate is not letting her off so easy, the pain of losing him may be nothing compared to what she is going to suffer under his 'loving care'. Because this time Regin's golden Viking has come back as a 'scared and surly' Irishman whose sole purpose in life is to capture immortals, discover what makes them ...more
Laurie Garrison

I really enjoy this series, but I just couldn’t for the likes of me get it to this book. So, yet again I am the odd ball in the bunch of 4 and 5 star reviews with my sad 3 stars and that’s being generous. I’m not going to get it to the story, I’m just going to tell what I did and didn’t like about the book.

What I didn’t like:
I felt the story dragged way too much. Then just when the story was about over things were way to rushed.

I am so tired of books that parallels with older books in a series.
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Edit Reread: I love this book. It was a lot darker than she usually writes! I'm gonna have to give this a thorough review...When life lets me that is!

Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11): 5 Star delicious read...as always from Kresley Cole!

Well! Chances are if you are reading this review I imagine you are quite familiar with the series. If you are not familiar with the series... Do us all a favor and join the obsession that is Immortals After Dark.

Now, I read these books out of
  • Playing Easy to Get
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #8)
  • Deep Kiss Of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9)
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)

“Nix to Declan:

Begin transcript—
Testing. Hello, hellooo, anybody out there? Check, check, one, two. Soft pee. Puh, puh. Resonance! Sooooooft pee. Alpha bravo disco tango duck.
This is Nïx! I’m the Ever-Knowing One, a goddess incandescent, incomparable, and irresistible. But enough about what you think of me. It’s a beautiful day in New Orleans. The wind is out of the east at a steady five knots and clouds look like rabbits … But enough about what you think of me!
Now, down to business—
Squirrel!
Where was I? [Long pause] Why am I in Regin’s car? Bertil, you crawl right back out of that bong this minute!
Oh, I remember! I am hereby laying down this track for Magister Declan Chase. If you are a mortal of the recorder peon class, know that Dekko and I go waaaaay back, and he’ll go berserk (snicker snicker) if he doesn’t receive this transmittal. …
Chase, riddle me this: what’s beautiful but monstrous, long of tooth but sharp of tooth and soft of mind, and can never ever tell a lie?
That’s right. The Enemy of Old can be very useful to you. So use him already.
P.S. Your middle name’s about to be spelled r-e-g-r-e-t.
And with that, I must bid you adieu. Don’t worry, we’ll catch up very soon. …
[Muffled] Who’s mummy’s wittle echolocator? That’s right—you are!
—End transcript”
186 likes
“Yo, beautiful. Come pop this collar off me.”
Natalya hissed, “Are you mad?”
“What’s she gonna do? Vivisect me? Imprison me? We’ve got a pact to fulfill,remember?”
To Dorada, she cried, “Seriously, sweetheart, shake that mummified ass over here.”
Regin kicked the glass. “Lemme the fuck out—”
La Dorada swung her head around,peering at Regin with her one eye.
“Okay. That’s freaky. Lookit, Gollum, if you spring me, I’ll help you find your Precious.”
159 likes