Start by marking “Ein vollkommener Tag” as Want to Read:
Ein vollkommener Tag

Ein vollkommener Tag

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  4,965 Ratings  ·  390 Reviews
One of the world's most beloved authors returns with the story of a man who found everything he thought he was missing in the family he already had.

Robert Harlan has three loves in his life: his wife, Allyson, his daughter, Carson, and his writing. As a sales rep for a small radio station, he has hopes of one day leaving it all behind for a successful writing career. When
Paperback
Published 2008 by Bastei Lübbe (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Ein vollkommener Tag, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ein vollkommener Tag

Paula  Phillips
Aug 13, 2011 Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever achieved something that you wanted so badly and then once you got it, it only ended up ruining your life instead of making it happier ? For Robert Harlan, he always dreamed of becoming a writer and eventually four years later when he lost his job, he finally finished his book A Perfect Day , a book based on the last few months his wife Allyson and her father Carson had together before he passed away with Cancer. Robert sends out the book to twenty-five publishing agents and one fin ...more
Christine
Mar 29, 2008 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tammy, Emily, Merry, Rachel
I've read all of Richard Paul Evans books and this is by far my favorite. It's not as sappy romantic as his others and it made me cry. It's about a guy who loses his job then finally fulfills his dream of writing a novel. He quickly finds huge success then realizes how hard it is to balance family and his touring. He meets a man who knows intimate details of his life and tells him he's gonna die on New years and it makes him start to re-prioritize his life. It's a tear-jerker so be warned!
Kay
Apr 14, 2012 Kay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My take away was a quote from the book "the greatest threat to love is not circumstance but the absence of attention"
Kevin Symmons
Somehow my written review got deleted which is a good thing for Mr. Evans should anyone take my reviews to heart. Those who have read my reviews of JPEs work know I love most of what he writes. I thought "The Last Promise" and "The Carousel" were top notch. While I found much of this novel interesting (since like the hero I am an author with a first novel just released) I felt two things that kept me from embracing this work. First, I thought the hero was far from sympathetic. Despite his hard w ...more
Erin
Apr 17, 2010 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of clean romances
Recommended to Erin by: picked it for a reading challenge
I know a lot of people who would probably really like this book, but it actually left me not quite satisfied. I really liked the premise of the book; it was just the execution, and the ultimate resolution, that bugged me. I don't want to say too much so that I don't give the end away to those who might read it, but I will say that I think the author copped out of a potentially really strong ending. I do applaud him for trying to do it creatively, but I just didn't buy it.
As for the rest of the b
Purple Osprey
Oct 12, 2014 Purple Osprey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Primitive. Even for christian literature this is primitive.

Basically a guy gets rich and his wife becomes whiny biatch because of that, although for the first half of the book it was repeatedly established that they had perfect marriage.
Anyway.. now he's rich and goes to business trip and she's sooooo unhappy, but - you guessed wright- it's all his fault. Nowhere in the book does it say what he did to offend her so badly (other than go to work), but everything is his fault (because majority of t
Michelle Polk
Oct 15, 2008 Michelle Polk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful book by Richard Paul Evans! It is a book about learning what your priorities are and should be. A man has his dreams come true with a best selling book about his wife's life. What looks like the best thing that could ever happen to him isn't all that great. He loses his priorities in the middle of his new exciting life. It goes down hill from there for him but the sweet twist that brings this book to an end is great! I recommend it for everyone.
Kristin
Feb 21, 2008 Kristin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably my favorite "Richard Paul Evans" book that I have read. I think his style has evolved over the years and his storytelling is drawing me in. (I didn't care for and quit reading his earlier works right after Christmas Box House). The lesson and unexpected twist at the end of this book has stayed with me over the years reminding me what is really important to me in my life.
Mj
Enjoyed the book. Flows well. Easy to read. Good message. Didn't rate as high as Richard Paul Evans' other books because there were aspects of the story that were a bit of a stretch and there really wasn't much depth to the book. Nonetheless it is worth reading and would be a good pick me up read for a leisurely weekend.
Bonnie
Mar 19, 2011 Bonnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book that I have read by this author... I cried during both... and really enjoyed both! I tend to get A.D.D. when I am reading but this book really made me feel like I was a part of the story!
Kristin
Nov 14, 2007 Kristin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm kind of embarassed giving 5 stars to a Richard Paul Evans book, but I really, really enjoyed this one! As it is a RPE, it's a very easy read, but I was intrigued by the story and it had a great moral to it, too.
Gregandemy
Jul 06, 2015 Gregandemy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
His books are so enjoyable. Just quick, nice reads with good messages. Perfect for vacation or around the pool.
Jill
Jul 09, 2008 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a good message
Recommended to Jill by: me
This book made me cry. We get so caught up in life/success that we forget what really matters. Good message in this book.
Kaitlin
Dec 06, 2008 Kaitlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this during Christmas break and it was a perfect book to read for my weeks off of school. I cried!!! It was a perfect book for a perfect day!! :)
Afton
Nov 05, 2010 Afton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is my favorite book by Evans. I love all his books, especially when I need a good cry. I walked away from this one with more love in my heart for the awesome guy I married.
Susan
Dec 21, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Xmas happiness

Sweet Christmas read. It was a sweet read for the season. Book so much better than movie. Author has a nice voice and style.
Mike Coe
Jul 03, 2010 Mike Coe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story about the challenges of unexpected success and fame. Even in the good times we must keep balance in our lives. Learn from the past, embrace the present, hope in the future.
Joy
Sep 13, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Insightful!
Gayle
Jul 06, 2015 Gayle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A different type of story from his normal. Great story line and love story.
Linda Layne
Feb 08, 2017 Linda Layne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had read a few of Richard Paul Evans' books before. I had especially enjoyed the "Walk" books, but I do not particularly enjoy "tear jerker" books, life is sad enough, right? So, I was a little skeptical about "A Perfect Day." But, I thought I would give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised as I got further and further into the book. In fact, I especially enjoyed the mystery that became apparent the farther along I read, who was the mysterious character?

I will say no more, readers can find
Kathy
Feb 19, 2017 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story with a good message.
Colleen
Feb 17, 2017 Colleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Rachel
Feb 19, 2017 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book with an important message about putting family first. Quick and easy read.
ChrisGA
Be careful what you wish for meets IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. Interesting plot twist for an ending.
Carlos Bonote
Jan 22, 2017 Carlos Bonote rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is an amazing book. Good to understand that success requires sacrifices and hard work.
Julie Barrett
Oct 04, 2016 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect day by Evans_ Richard Paul
Wanted to read this book because it sounded like a great book.
Starts out with the husband Robert losing his job in the sales department. He writes instead and loves the story and others have read it and love it.
Agents don't like it so he gets a manual job. Then one reads it and he is on his way to success on the large scale. She sends him away from home for 4 weeks as he does signings and tv shows.
His daughter Carson takes it hard that he's away that long and
Alisha Marie
Okay, so A Perfect Day is so not the type of book that I usually read. It's a bit on the sappy, romantic side and that just doesn't appeal to me half the time. However, I have an intense love for Christmas movies and unbeknownst to me at the time, the movie was based on the book (I seriously groaned out loud when I started the DVD and it said "Based on the novel by Richard Paul Evans" as I like to read the book THEN watch the movie). Since I loved the movie and thought it was a sweet, yet angsty ...more
Karen Birman kent
Allyson goes home to see her dad, Carson, only to find out he is dying of pancreatic cancer. She stays with him as his health quickly declines and calls her fiance' Robert to be with them at the very end. Carson challenges Robert to love his daughter as much as he does, Robert promises never to leave her and to always love her.
Robert had a hard upbringing with a mom that left, a step mom that dies in childbirth with one of his brothers, and a dad that can't show love. He wants desperately to mak
Kim
Nov 16, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
Rob's dream was always to be a writer, but being a full time sales rep at a radio station and a family man didn't give him much time to write. When he got fired from his job his wife took on a job of her own so that he could have time to finish his book. His dream came true...but the pressures of being an author and still being a family man clashed. Fame turned his head in a different direction from what he always promised his wife, "I will always be here for you and take care of you."

He wrote
Brisbride13
This is your typical Evans book except for one thing; there are no diary excerpts!! What is so ironic about this is that the main character Robert talks about writing in his diary a lot whereas none of his other characters has ever spoken of keeping a diary (I haven't read them all YET so we'll see). Robert is happily married with a daughter, but not happy at his job. When he is fired, his wife encourages him to pursue his dream of becoming an author. His first endeavor, a story about his wife s ...more
Indeed a top 3 21 Dec 06, 2012 03:50AM
  • The Cross Gardener
  • Where the River Ends
  • Daisy (The Newport Ladies Book Club)
  • So Much of Life Ahead (Hearts of the Children, #5)
  • The Christmas Hope (Christmas Hope, #3)
  • The Snow Angel
  • Letters for Emily
  • Dancing in the Light (Keane-Morrison Family Saga, #3)
  • The Lighthouse Keeper
  • A Stranger for Christmas
  • Forgotten Notes
When Richard Paul Evans wrote the #1 best-seller, The Christmas Box, he never intended on becoming an internationally known author. His quiet story of parental love and the true meaning of Christmas made history when it became simultaneously the #1 hardcover and paperback book in the nation. Since then, more than eight million copies of The Christmas Box have been printed. He has since written ele ...more
More about Richard Paul Evans...

“You want to know what hell is? What brimstone and burining really is?"
Hell is the perfect recollection of every evil thing you've done in your life, every thoughtless word, every cruel, evil thought or action. It's knowing that you could have helped your brother and didn't. Hell is clarity, Bob. It's nothing more than clarity." He leaned forward as if to confide in me, his gaze intense. "Do you want to know what heaven is?"
I was locked into his gaze. "Yes."
His voice was barely above a whisper, "It's the same thing.”
44 likes
“. . .and every native has a story of winter – stories that usually begin, You call this a storm? And grow in the telling like battle tales shared by graying war veterans. It’s a peculiar character flaw to those of us from cold climates that we feel superior to those who have the sense to live elsewhere.” 10 likes