Start by marking “Everything in Its Time (Time Travel Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Everything in Its Time (Time Travel Trilogy, #1)

Everything in Its Time (Time Travel Trilogy #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  430 ratings  ·  41 reviews
While on vacation, Katherine St. Claire shared a night of passion with a stranger she's never been able to forget. Now, she'll meet her mysterious lover once again -- in 15th century Scotland.
Paperback, Jove Time Passages, #2, 336 pages
Published July 1st 2000 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Everything in Its Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything in Its Time

Outlander by Diana GabaldonThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerA Knight in Shining Armor by Jude DeverauxBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie MoningA Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
The Best Time-Travel Romance Novels
96th out of 534 books — 3,054 voters
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerOutlander by Diana GabaldonThe Time Machine by H.G. WellsTimeline by Michael CrichtonSlaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Best Time Travel Fiction
260th out of 1,033 books — 3,342 voters

More lists with this book...

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
What a wonderful story that proof the power of love. I got it today loaned by Carolyn and read it in one-sitting. It was everything I was hoping for. Love love love this story!!

Definitely a good read for anyone who loves Time Travel.
Wendy
I am a big fan of time travel stories. I have read many. This book was on sale, and it was a time travel story, so I thought, "Why not?" Well, after reading it, I will offer a few reason "why not".

If you are going to do a time travel story successfully, you can go one of 2 ways -

1. Scientific - With the use of actual scientific knowledge and scientific speculation, the author creates a plausible explanation for the time travel. (The Time Machine, The Butterfly Effect, etc.)

2. Mystical - The rea
Shirl
This was a very interesting book. The first half I though was ok and was good, but then surprises, action, adventure and romance. I loved the 2nd half of book. I couldn't put it down. Don't want to give anything away so I won't go into any details. Good read. I was alittle disappointed in that Iain's character was alittle weak and he didn't seem like a very macho laird. That is why I dropped a star.
Natalie E. Ramm
Everything in its Time reminded me a lot of Outlander (which is one of my favorite romances ever!). A modern day girl, Katherine St. Claire, manages to go back in time to the 15th century and sleep with a sexy Scottish Laird named Ian. She and he both think it’s a dream, but feel incredibly lost without each other. For eight years they live separately in their own centuries, until Katherine decides it’s time to see if that dream might be a reality. When things don’t turn out exactly as she plann ...more
Sue
I really enjoyed this book and congratulate the author on a story well told. The characters were all strong, believable people that you would meet in real life and they jumped off the page to become my friends. The story rolled along nicely and you could really feel the intensity of the love between Katherine and Iain as well as the strong family bond between Katherine and her brother Jeff.

The only frustration for me was how easily Iain believed her when she confessed she came from 500 years in
Elaine Mcdonald
Wow. Shirl recommended this book to me. It started a little slow but halfway through, it just got better and better!. I will not be putting this down until it is finished!

Loved this book! I am making myself be really strict with giving 5 only to really amazing books. (Daughter says I rate too high!)
Katrina Passick Lumsden
This isn't the greatest. The story is a bit slow in spots, and the characters are so dense at times that I found myself secretly fantasizing about them all being killed...

But I'm a sucker for time travel romance, so I enjoyed it.
Laura P
Listened to the audiobook....narration was okay, but not great. It was hard to get used to a male narrator doing the female voices. Plot was predictable, but not bad.
JLS
I loved this book! Highlanders,Time Travel,Mystery,Deception and emotional! 5 Star all the way!
Tracey Brown
I've had this book for ages and decided to give it a go even though i have read really mixed reviews i was not disappointed it was well written and the characters were good. I liked Ian and Katherine and the side characters of her brother and his cousin were good. without disclosing too much about the plot i liked the way the time travel aspect was handled i do struggle sometimes with the love at first sight aspect of some books but i still enjoyed this book immensely. I will read the rest of th ...more
Holly Gipson
I would have enjoyed this more had it not been for the insta-love (they are madly IN LOVE after one night of random sex with a stranger?) and the grand-father paradox (e.g., the letter (view spoiler) ...more
Sharal Hunter
Publishers like Jove made it possible for readers like me to gorge themselves on various romance sub-genres like time travel. After reading my first time travel romance, I was completely smitten with the idea of true love crossing the barriers of time and space. I was so smitten, in fact, it bordered on obsession as I trolled every bookstore in my path looking for every time travel romance I could find. When Jove began publishing their Time Passages line, I was determined to acquire a copy of ev ...more
Lemon
This read a lot like some of Lynn Kurland's books, but not as well written. Nothing terribly exciting about the romance or the adventure. The villain was very one-dimensional and so were the main characters and the romance. Readable enough but nothing that I'll remember several years from now.
Heather
So you know when I finish a book in one day it's usually extremely good or extremely bad. This one unfortunately happened to be bad. Which disappointed me because it sounded so good.
Jennette
I love time travel books. This captured my imagination right from the beginning. The story kept me interested throughout with just enough suspense and love. The ending nicely wrapped up everything with a perfect happily ever after package. I bought this book on audio and the narrator has a beautiful voice that made the characters come to life. I was disappointed not to find book 2 on audio just so I could listen to Ross Pendleton again. I think I will probably look for the next book the next tim ...more
Stacey
I really enjoyed the book and can't wait to read the rest in the series
Bobbie
I love time travel books. This series was especially good. Intriguing.
Denise Warner
This is the 4th time I read this book. It was wonderful.
So I just wrote a whole big long review for this book and submitted it only to find that Goodreads was under maintenance and I then Lost my review! I'm still contemplating weather or not I should cry.

So in loo of my long review I'll just say this. I LOVED this book and It's now in my 20 twenty favorites of all time. The author writes a wonderful and engaging story with plenty of twists that keep you engaged! With murder plots, Scotland, time travel, romance and a family legend it's rather hard
Anna

Set in Scotland 1467 and modern day, what a wonderful story I could not put this book down, it had everything.. Time Travel, mystery, suspence and of course Love... Iain and Katherine were in love from the very beginning and it was refreshing to read of a love that strong, especially from Iain who wasn't ashamed to show or express his feelings for Katherine. Loved it, will definitely be reading Dee Davis's earlier books.
Jenni
Well it started out with some serious adult content that I had to skip over but after that it was ok until more adult content that needed to be skipped over. I have been in love with time travel books since Outlander and find that I really enjoy the English/Scottish history ones. I liked the adventure in this one and while it was semi-predictable I still enjoyed it.
Virginia
Everything you'd expect from a 'time travel romance' book.....and not a thing more. :) If, like me, you enjoy an occasional dip into the time travel genre then this is just fine. No great lit, no memorable prose...just the same old thing as most any other (barring the Outlander series of course!) A nice, gentle, mindless read to while away a day or two.
Annie Marshall
Incredible read!!!

"Everything in Its Time" is packed with action, romance, passion, and a 'who-done-it' mystery that will keep you enthralled from page one to the very end.

Dee Davis knows exactly how to tug at the heartstrings to create a phenomenal Scottish Time-Travel Romance! I'm looking forward to reading more from her.
Pamela
Haven't read this type of genre in quite some time. Nevertheless, found it quite enjoyable as far as historical, romantic, time-travelling novels go: the twentieth-century fair lass, her one true love - the dashing, sexy, fifteenth-century Scottish lord; and all the sizzling passion in between.
Roimata Paoo
Love love love. The time travel is believable and I enjoyed it all. Once I started I couldn't put it down. Fell in love with the characters, the author did well in making you fall in love with them. A lovely story, definitely a book I would keep on hand for a rainy day easy read.
Christine
Really enjoyed this!
Brittany
I loved it!! I was not going to be a happy camper if it did not have a happy ending and for a while it looked like the ending was not going to be happy. I hope the next book is as interesting as this one was!!
Kathy
Awesome! Everything I love in time travel and then some... hunky highland men, great characters, twists and turns in the plot and a great ending. Yup, I will be reading more from this author!
Mary23nm
Pretty good time travel book. Nothing heavy but story moved along nicely. Could have used a little more detail about the time travel aspect. Enjoyable read 3.5/5
can anyone 4 9 Jan 14, 2015 07:54AM
Going Back in Time 1 4 Jun 28, 2013 11:48AM
  • A Love Through Time (MacKendimen, #1)
  • Wings of the Storm
  • Circles in Time
  • A Man In A Kilt (Castle Blackstone, #1)
  • Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)
  • The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • Binding Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy, #1)
  • A Slip in Time
  • A Love Beyond Time
  • Knight Errant (Knight Errant #1)
  • Warrior of the Highlands (Highlands, #3)
  • A Laird for All Time
  • Forever His (Stolen Brides, #1)
  • Highland Knight
  • Awaken the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #1)
  • Yellowstone Redemption (Yellowstone Romance Series, # 2)
  • The Last Highlander
Award winning author Dee Davis worked in association management before turning her had to writing. Her highly acclaimed first novel, Everything In Its Time, was published in July 2000. Since then, among others, she’s won the Booksellers Best, Golden Leaf, Texas Gold and Prism awards, and been nominated for the National Readers Choice Award, the Holt and two RT Reviewers Choice Awards. To date, she ...more
More about Dee Davis...

Time Travel Trilogy (3 books)
  • Wild Highland Rose (Time Travel Trilogy, #2)
  • The Promise (Time Travel Trilogy, #3)
Dark Deceptions (A-Tac, #1) Dangerous Desires (A-Tac, #2) Desperate Deeds (A-Tac, #3) Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5) Deep Disclosure (A-Tac, #4)