A Warmth in Winter (Heavenly Daze, #3)

A Warmth in Winter (Heavenly Daze #3)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Readers have already fallen in love with the quirky personalities that inhabit Heavenly Daze. In "A Warmth in Winter," the unforgettable characters and humorous circumstances offer poignant lessons of God's love and faithfulness. The story centers around Vernie Bidderman, owner of Mooseleuk Mercantile and Salt Gribbon, the lighthouse operator, who despite the vast differen...more
Published February 8th 2002 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

Donna
This one is my favorite of the three I've read. It was pretty good actually! The other two were just 'okay'... I have two more to read in this series, but first I must read the latest M.C. Beaton Hamish MacBeth book which was published earlier this year. (YAY) Although I must say there is nothing in the Hamish MacBeth books to feed my spirit like in the Heavenly Daze series. I love the Bible scriptures scattered throughout these Heavenly Daze books. Keeps me focused on God and feeds my spirit as...more
Jacquie
I liked the simplicity and warmth of this book. It follows three or four people who live on the Island of Heavenly Daze, just off the coast of Maine. The island is rumored to be inhabited by angels who live among the people and bring miracles to their lives. There is also a little love story that keeps you reading and hoping. Very uplifting.
Trisha Owens
Local Maine story of an older man who takes care of a lighthouse. He has a son who is struggling with alcohol addictions and two small children. He ends up taking the children from his son, and trying to raise them without anyone noticing in the local town. I enjoyed the references to Maine.
Kim
Turns out this is part of a series. Now, I'll need to go to the beginning of the series, but it made sense anyhow. So far, I've enjoyed all books I've read by Lori Copeland. They are calm, peaceful, and full of people seeking faith.
 Barb Bailey
This was an inspiring Christmas story about family, forgiveness and unity. It is 3rd of a series of 4 but I have not read the others. Just happened upon this one first and decided to read it for December.
Nancy
Continue to enjoy this series.
Lisa
Jun 23, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Heavenly Daze series / book three
Sandra Kent
Excellent story. I love this series.
Amy
Amy is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2014
Annie
Annie added it
Jul 16, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Linda
Linda added it
May 28, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Shelena
Shelena marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Joan Arning
Joan Arning marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Lori lives in the beautiful Ozarks with her husband Lance. Lance and Lori have three sons, three daughter-in-laws, and six wonderful grandchildren, and two great-granddaughters.

Lance and Lori are very involved in their church, and active in supporting mission work in Mali, West Africa.

Lori began her writing career in 1982, writing for the secular book market. In 1995, after many years of writing,...more
More about Lori Copeland...
Faith  (Brides of the West #1) Hope (Brides of the West, #3) Glory (Brides of the West, #4) June (Brides of the West, #2) Ruth (Brides of the West #5)