Move to Strike

Move to Strike (Nina Reilly #6)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  1,519 ratings  ·  43 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Perri O'Shaughnessy takes the courtroom thriller to breathtaking new heights in Move to Strike, a page-turning masterpiece of suspense that brings back attorney Nina Reilly, hailed by critics as "one of the most interesting heroines in legal thrillers today" (San Jose Mercury News).

Nina Reilly thought she'd seen it all. An attorney and sin...more
Published June 5th 2001 by Island Books (first published 2000)

Phillis
I read this book because I got it from Barns and Noble for my nookColor on one of the Free Book Friday downloads. I thought the synopsis was interesting enough to read the book. The storyline was a good one, kept me guessing for most of the book. The writing I found a bit amateurish. This is a 6th in the Nina Reilly series. From what I gather you don’t need to read other books in that series to know what’s going on. The premise of the book is a teenage girl, Nikki, witnesses the killing of her U...more
Kathleen Hagen
Move to Strike, by Perri O’Shaughnessy. B-plus Produced by Brilliance Audio and purchased through their outlet, Audio Bookstand. This is a Nina Reilly mystery. In this one Nina’s son, Bob, begs her to help a friend of his who is under arrest for a murder he swears she couldn’t have committed. Nina becomes involved in defending this 16-year-old girl. There are twists and turns and red herrings in abundance. Nina’s client has secrets she doesn’t want to reveal even when it looks as if she’s going...more
E
One of the things that I like about this series (in addition to interesting plots and characters and settings) is that the characters seem to remember their histories. While you could read the books out of order, I appreciate that the stories build (at least for character development) on what has come before as opposed to some series where the characters seem to have amnesia about having been blown up, chased by killers, or killed someone themselves. And presenting Paul as having inner demons in...more
Melinda Seyler
Mar 12, 2013 Melinda Seyler rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Melinda by: newleaph@gmail.com
Move to Strike by Perri O'Shaughnessy-I always forget why I like these books in between them. I love the twists at the end-, and they all seem to have a twist. They are the typical courtroom/ legal mysteries. This one has to do with the main character, Nina Reilly's, son Bob and his friend Nikki, who is accused of murdering her uncle. Lots of twists and turns of plot. As always, Nina has to defend someone for free because of some friend/family connection. How does this woman survive? But the sto...more
Jeanne
I am reading the Nina Reilly books in order. This was a pretty good one. Teenager, Nikki Zack is charged with the murder of her Uncle. Quite coincidentally, Chris Sykes, Nikki's cousin and son of the murdered man dies at exactly the same time in a small plane crash. Nina's investigator and sometimes lover,Paul van Wagoner now carrying a guilty secret, is back on the scene. Valuable opals appear. Nina faces jail. The plot thickens...
This is one case Nina has never seen. This time, a sixteen year old is charged with murdering her plastic surgeon uncle. But Nikki is no average sixteen year old. She's had a few brushed with the law before, and now their charging her with and adult sentence. What makes it more critical is that Nikki is Bob's best friend. With her missing father, and her pole-dancing-can't-get-a-job mom, Nikki may just be out of luck. A suspenseful read.
Tabitha
I haven't read any of the other books in the series, but that didn't seem to matter. It was good as a stand alone book. Courtroom mystery type of book, but investigating what really happened out of the courtroom. I've read books with better writing, but I liked that it didn't dwell on romance between characters and it kept me guessing until the end.
J. Ewbank
This book by O'shaughnessy is a very good read and is one of the Nina Reilly series, which has been a very strong series. The characters are believable and you get to like them and want the best for them and the plot is interesting and grabbing.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Karen
I enjoy the protagonist, lawyer and single mom Nina Reilly. The twists and turns in the plot are surprising, but not ridiculous. And the author continues to develop the personal life of Ms. Reilly, her son Bob and her sometimes "boyfriend", detective Paul Van Wagoner.
Cathie
This was my first exposure to the wonderful sisters who write these legal mysteries and the fact they take place in South Lake Tahoe and sometimes venture into other places I am familiar with make them even more fun. Great story writing and characters.
A friend recommended this series saying she can't put down one of these books. I found it to be true. Well written with a lot of twists and turns that I never saw coming. Not gruesome mysteries, just interesting ones in life. Set in beautiful Tahoe, CA
Charmaine
First O'Shaughnessy I have read and I like this author. The first chapter had me hooked. No answer until the last chapter. Did not see the ending coming out the way it did. This is the kind of story I like. Fast read because I want to get the answers.
Joyce
Jan 28, 2008 Joyce rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy legal thrillers
Recommended to Joyce by: Browsing through the library
I just reread this and liked it much more than I did at the original reading. The suspense built up nicely and led to a fascinating climax in a great location. The sub-plot with Paul's secret and Nina's learning of it was frosting on the cake.
Ellen
Co-written by two sisters, one a lawyer, the other a journalist, Move to Strike is a fascinating escape from your day-to-day pressures. Part of a series, it stars Nina Reilly as the defender of a 16-year-old-girl charged with killing her uncle.
Melissa
Book #56 read in 2008

I really liked this book from the series. It was better than the last one. I like that Nina and Paul have a complicated relationship - it makes it more real. I am looking forward to reading more in the series.
Christina
After feeling somewhat frustrated & annoyed by the Nina Reilly character in the last book of the series, this one was much much better and Nina was way less frustrating. Loved the focus on Paul and his demons this time.
Marianne
Perri O"Shaughnessy does a great job building the character of Nora Reilly. I have read every book in this series, and you get very attached to the characters and story lines. I can't wait for the next one to come out.
Ann
This author never disappoints. The plots are interesting. The pacing is perfect. There's just enough personal life to make the main character interesting. A go-to book when you need a quick, intelligent read.
Barbra Craig
Nina Reilly # 6
Nina defends 16 year old Nikki Zack accused of killing her uncle with a samurai sword. Paul Van Wagoner, Nina's private detective finally admits his crime that saved Nina's life.
Kristen
This is an excellent new legal thriller I tried out and to add to my list of authors to read in the future. It has action, suspense, drama and hint of romance. Fabulous! A new favorite.
Barbara
Pretty good, fun to read--pretty much like all the others in the series. Towards the end, a few plot developments were far-fetched, but what the heck...
Iliotropio
Jul 04, 2014 Iliotropio is currently reading it
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Carol Macdowell
Great plot. Loved Paul the investigator. Surprise ending. Nina Reilly's character could be a little stronger, IMO, but overall an enjoyable tale.
Carole
I generally like this author. This was a suspense thriller and there were a lot of twists and turns in the plot. I liked it a lot.
Debra L.
I found this in a thrift shop and having read Writ of
Terry Turrell
A new author for me(actually two sisters writing together). I enjoyed this story and would like to read more by this author.
Tammy
A cut above the average thriller with some interesting plot twists and turns. I enjoyed this one quite a bit.
Cindy
Great court room dialogue. Dale felt it got a little cheesey when the lawyer took the stand. I like it.
Allison
oh how i love easy-to-read murder mysteries while on vacation... it's almost like watching tv.
Debbie
Another Audible I listened to - I started it on the drive to Redlands. Love her stuff!
  • The Attorney (Paul Madriani, #5)
  • Suspicion of Guilt (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #2)
  • Reckless Endangerment
  • The Vendetta Defense (Rosato & Associates, #6)
  • Cold Hit (Alexandra Cooper, #3)
  • Protect and Defend (Kerry Kilcannon, #2)
  • The Associate
  • The First Victim (Boldt/Matthews, #6)
  • The Second Chair (Dismas Hardy #10)
  • Pleading Guilty (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #3)
  • The Disappearance (Luke Garrison, #1)
Perri O’Shaughnessy is the pen-name for two people, Pamela and Mary O’Shaughnessy, sisters. The authors' pseudonym is an homage to Perry Mason, the man who never met a guilty client, and a melding of their two first names, Pamela and Mary. O’Shaughnessy is their paternal family name.

They are the authors of eleven bestselling Nina Reilly novels as well as a collection of short crime fiction, Sinist...more
More about Perri O'Shaughnessy...
Motion to Suppress Obstruction of Justice (Nina Reilly, #3) Acts of Malice (Nina Reilly #5) Breach of Promise (Nina Reilly #4) Writ of Execution (Nina Reilly #7)