Start by marking “Pocket Medicine: The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Internal Medicine” as Want to Read:

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Prepared by residents and attending physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital, this pocket-sized looseleaf is one of the best-selling references for medical students, interns, and residents on the wards and candidates reviewing for internal medicine board exams. In bulleted lists, tables, and algorithms, Pocket Medicine provides key clinical information about common pro ...more
Loose-Leaf, 280 pages
Published September 20th 2010 by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (first published February 28th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Pocket Medicine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pocket Medicine

Ahmed
Amazing gear for IM RESIDENTS
S.E.
This book has been my constant companion since the clinical years of my medical school. It is very concise and covers key topics in internal medicine--think of it as medical information in a small notebook, which conveniently fits in your coat pocket.

That said, take note that this is not a detailed medical textbook. It lacks detailed mechanism of diseases, for example, and is in no way a substitution for a proper textbook.
Elsie
Good source to start when doing your nightshifts and ward rotation. It gives organization, a good source of primary evidence in medicine and where is the strong evidence. Definitely, if you want to be a better internist you should search more profoundly in other sources. But is well developed.
Hind
i didnt finish every topic, but i read most of it.
I am going to re-read it in my residency , as we who are in medical career need to read the book more than once to get to know it well.

best pocket in medicine so far , not for undergraduate though. :)
Lenny Husen
This is fine but the print is way too tiny. Got me through Residency. I used the Second Edition.
Jenifer Yvette
Jenifer Yvette is currently reading it
Dec 08, 2014
Joy Des Anges
Joy Des Anges is currently reading it
Dec 05, 2014
Shemele Smith
Shemele Smith is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2014
Patrice Wheeler
Patrice Wheeler marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Julie Fraser
Julie Fraser marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Sami Hussein Hammadi
Sami Hussein Hammadi marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Robabeh Mohammadzadeh
Robabeh Mohammadzadeh marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Medicina de bolsillo PharmCards Pharmcards: Review Cards for Medical Students Pharmcards: Review Cards for Medical Students Tratamiento de La Patologia Cardiovascular