Start by marking “The Wizard Of Ooze (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #17)” as Want to Read:
The Wizard Of Ooze (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #17)

The Wizard Of Ooze (Goosebumps HorrorLand #17)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  366 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Take a little Horror home with you!

While visiting HorrorLand, Marco Gonzales and his friend Gabriella Smith find a rare edition of the The Wizard of Ooze at Jonathan Chiller's HorrorLand shop. The Ooze is a popular graphic novel series about an evil mutant who is made of oil sludge. Marco is excited because in the back of the comic are secret instructions on how to gain yo
Published September 1st 2010 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Wizard Of Ooze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wizard Of Ooze

Elijah Goad
Oct 05, 2015 Elijah Goad rated it it was amazing
This book was very good. The begginnig is that these kids are on a ship, and they find a canvel that said horrorland and Gabe said "Hey thats sounds fun." The first game they played was skull toss. When Gab him the skull off a creapy sound started to bust out. The gabe said "Did u waje the dead. Then their parents wonder were they are and the wizard takes them somewere.
Jose Ramirez
Feb 27, 2015 Jose Ramirez rated it really liked it
I think that goosebumps Horrorland is a very good book because it has three parts to it and its cool. There was a kid named Marco and his friend Gabriella she was Marcos friend Marco has been collecting comic books of all sorts. Then they went to Horrorland and there was a guy who knows where the good games are they did that and they played tug-o-war but know one was going against them. Then they got a coupon it said,10% off at chiller house then they both went there and Marco saw a comic book h ...more
Josiah
Dec 30, 2014 Josiah rated it did not like it
As the endgame draws near for this incarnation of the Horrorland series, one would expect Jonathan Chiller's involvement in the plot to be increasing; however, that isn't really the case in The Wizard of Ooze. As with all of the other books in this second tier of the series excepting Weirdo Halloween, Jonathan Chiller only appears at the beginning and the end, deepening the mystery over what he has planned for the kids who have bought merchandise from his Horrorland souvenir shop. The story arc ...more
Devika
Nov 07, 2014 Devika added it
Alex
Nov 10, 2014 Alex rated it liked it
I'm still finding this series cute. Unfortunately, though, I have been jumping around in the series due to my library's availability, so the Horrorland parts of the book are making no sense to me.
Aston Short
Nov 13, 2015 Aston Short rated it really liked it
This gave me a real thrill at the start it is a really good book I hope you read it.
Anthony Johnson
Jan 27, 2015 Anthony Johnson rated it it was amazing
I was not expecting the ending.
Emo
Mar 01, 2014 Emo rated it liked it
Very nice why not read it
Faye Wennersten
Dec 03, 2015 Faye Wennersten rated it really liked it
Shelves: ethan, read-2015
Read with Ethan
Christine (KizzieReads)
This one was good. It's about a boy and girl who go to the amusement park Horrorland and find an elusive book about the character The Ooze. They take it home and find that in the back of the book are ways in which you can get your own superpowers, but other people want the book, too and will stop at nothing in order to get it.

Full Review: https://kizziereads.wordpress.com/201...
Matthew Lafrance
Here's my thing; Stine has created 3 super villains that escape to the 'real world'. However, none of the kids acknowledge the comic book based off of the other villains. It's been established that Goosebumps is a shared universe, so why does the boy in this book NOT see a 'Masked Mutant' cosplay at the convention?
Any way, this book was ok. Not Stine's best, but certainly far from his worst.
Cullen
Mar 26, 2011 Cullen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
This creepy, exciting book with the dangerous twists and turns about a boy named Marco buys a mystearyous comic and says he can have any suprepower he wants. But he is not safe. A mystearous man coverd in hot tar trys to steal his comic for his superpowers to become invincible. What will be of marco and what will happen next find out in The Wizard of Ooze.
Steven
Oct 04, 2010 Steven rated it it was amazing
Jeff Herman
Nov 10, 2011 Jeff Herman rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading one of the books of this series and I have to admit it was entertaining. Granted it is geared toward a younger audience I still found it worth reading. I picked it up at a library booksale. Well worth the price I got it for!
Michelle Reynoso
Jan 01, 2011 Michelle Reynoso rated it liked it
Another good Goosebumps story I read with my son. The chapter endings were not as leading as some of the previous books, but another solid story with characters my son talked about for days after we were done.
Andrew
Jan 17, 2013 Andrew added it
I thought that the book was really good and it was really interesting how almost everything was a surprise like that ooze guy and the fabulous f;ame appearing in the boys bedroom. I recommend this book.
-Andrew
Rebekah
Dec 02, 2013 Rebekah rated it it was ok
Was reading with my son and he loved the story. Don't get me wrong I loved reading the Fear Street stories by RL Stine when I was a teen. The whole Goosebumps series just never grabed me.
Beth
Mar 14, 2012 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
me and my 9 year old daughter read this. was good! a quick fun read! i love the goosebump series and so does she!
Sean McBride
Oct 23, 2011 Sean McBride rated it did not like it
Wow. Amazingly uninspired. I was hoping for some good Halloween fun and I got this. Boo.
Tristan Laranette
Nov 20, 2012 Tristan Laranette rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of my FAVORITE books those who have not read this book should it's really good ;)
Aidan Heinrich
Apr 27, 2011 Aidan Heinrich rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It was so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Linda
Feb 05, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Horrorland Lovers
Very good! Has a lot of super heros in it!
Excellent book!
Ian
Oct 08, 2012 Ian rated it it was amazing
I LOVEDDDDDD THIS BOOK!!!!
C
Oct 20, 2011 C rated it it was amazing
My daughter loved this book!
Connor
Kimber
Oct 19, 2012 Kimber rated it it was amazing
Good book
  • Be Good to Eddie Lee
  • On My Way (26 Fairmount Avenue Book, #3)
  • Dr. Jekyll, Orthodontist (Zack Files #5)
  • Bites: Scary Stories to Sink Your Teeth Into
  • What! Cried Granny
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • The Day the Goose Got Loose
  • Hamster Magic (Magical Mix-Ups, #1)
  • How a Book Is Made
  • Little Polar Bear and the Brave Little Hare
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Fly Guy Meets Fly Girl (Fly Guy, #8)
  • Where Does the Garbage Go?
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Cypher The Mountain Giant (Beast Quest, #3)
  • Dreams
  • Summer Vacation from the Black Lagoon

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps HorrorLand (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Welcome to HorrorLand: A Survival Guide (Goosebumps Horrorland)
  • Revenge of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #1)
  • Creep from the Deep (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #2)
  • Monster Blood For Breakfast! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #3)
  • The Scream of the Haunted Mask (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #4)
  • Dr. Maniac vs. Robby Schwartz (Goosebumps HorrorLand #5)
  • Who's Your Mummy? (Goosebumps HorrorLand #6)
  • My Friends Call Me Monster (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #7)
  • Say Cheese - And Die Screaming (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #8)
  • Welcome To Camp Slither (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #9)