Start by marking “Cathy's Ring” as Want to Read:
Cathy's Ring

Cathy's Ring (Cathy Vickers Trilogy #3)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,020 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
18-year-old Cathy wakes up one morning to discover three dead bodies slumped outside her house in San Francisco. One of the Eight Immortals, Ancestor Lu, is sending hired assassins after Cathy because she stole the mortality serum (this has the power to render even an immortal mortal). Will Cathy escape Ancestor Lu's clutches?
Published 2010 by Bloomsbury UK (first published May 5th 2009)

Alice Rachel
Jun 02, 2016 Alice Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need to reread this series. So much work was put into it! *hearty eyes*
Emily Duncan
Oct 15, 2014 Emily Duncan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-contemporary
Have i ever mentioned that i completely adore these books!? i have not?! Well, let me start with saying that right now!!
I liked this one way more than the second, it was funnier and the artwork was better on this one, it was more like the first.
First off, Emma and Cathy are my favorite characters ever. Usually i like one of the foils more than the main narrator, especially when the books is in first person. But, i love Cathy so-o-o much!!!
She's so very hilarious, i love her voice in the story.
The Readings of a Busy Mom Riaz
www.thereadingsofabusymom.blogspot.com

I was somewhat surprised by this short read which is the final part in The Cathy Vickers Triology. Having only read this book I was thrown into the unexpected world of the immortals and the hunt for Cathy (if you know me....you know I don't read the synopsis, they just give too much away)

Cathy's Ring is a very interesting and fun read, its unique and intriguing with its interesting doodles on most of the pages and the diary approach is perfect for telling Ca
Z
Jul 26, 2009 Z rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this sequel to Cathy's Key more than I thought I would, perhaps because a lot of time has passed since I read Cathy's Key. Occasionally I found Cathy an annoying character here, but overall I enjoyed reading the book. I also liked the expanded cast of characters, and the few moments where we get to see Jun. She's a very interesting one.

Also, I'd like to say again that I feel that this series dealt with the subject of immortality a lot better than Twilight. I'm not sure if I think this
Jessica
Mar 27, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy
I received this book for free from the publisher. All content and opinions are my own.

Cathy’s Ring is the third book in the Cathy series - an interactive, graphic novel-esque set of books. Here’s the plot summary from the publisher:

Cathy cannot manage to find more than a few days to relax in her hectic (and mortal) life—she barely has time to put the mystery surrounding her father to rest before she finds herself targeted by a group of Ancestor Lu’s professional killers! Recognizing she is a ser
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Marta Morrison for TeensReadToo.com

What happens when you meet the man of your dreams and he is immortal? I don't mean vampire immortal, but really immortal, with super-strength.

That is what Cathy has found out about the two most important men in her life. That they are a part of the Immortals.

After her last adventure, Cathy realizes that she is putting all of her friends, and her mother, in danger. She has to leave.

So, after a fiasco trying to raise money, Cathy convinces Denny to ge
annemarief
Mar 06, 2016 annemarief rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: en-français
Que je suis déçue d'être déçue!! D'habitude les troisièmes tomes sont extraordinaires, ici, bof. Je m'étais pourtant très vite attachées aux personnages dans les premiers. Mais il y avait beaucoup plus d'action. Je me suis sentie, tout en lisant, que les auteurs voulaient seulement remplir des pages, vendre un autre livre. Et il y avait beaucoup moins d'indices cette fois-ci. Je ne peux pas nier mon intérêt pour les deux premiers mais celui-ci tournait en rond et ne semblait pas du tout être à l ...more
Kayla
I'm so sad to see this trilogy end. I mean, I know that the book has been out for a while, but it took me some time to finally get my hands on it. I loved the first two books of the Cathy Vickers trilogy so much that I wasn't quite ready to get rid of this world or the characters in it.

Cathy's Ring was a good end to it all. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't exactly a total disappointment. I just felt like there could have been more action and intrigue for a book about immortals. Particularly bec
Silja Danielsen
Apr 02, 2015 Silja Danielsen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one.
Shelves: did-not-finish
I don't know what it is with this book but I am incapable of finishing it.
I've read books close to a 1000 pages long but this little stinker is the hard one to get through.

I remember loving the first one. I was probably 18 when I read it and I thought it was sooooo cool!
I believe it was last year or the year before that, that my sweet boyfriend bought the remaining two books for me and I read the second book fast even though I didn't enjoy it. Maybe it's because I was now a grown up and had h
Tricia
Mar 17, 2010 Tricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
Would give this one a 4.5 if I could. My favorite of the 3 as it seemed to have the most cohesive story. Though I would have liked to see the supplemental materials (library book w/them missing), it didn't really detract from the story. Overall, really really liked this book.
Caroline
Jan 07, 2011 Caroline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING! I loved it, so great.
Maura
Nov 28, 2009 Maura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Maura by: Noone
Cathy's Ring almost got a Maura's Choice like it's predecessor, Cathy's Key. But I felt that Cathy's Ring started off really slowly and the ending was good but not how I would of liked it to end. I won't give any spoilers away, but I wish the ending, and maybe this book all together, would have had more action in it. I felt it was lacking in that, and the ending was one where the books ends but you know the world continues and you'll just have to imagine what will happen next without knowing com ...more
Tessa
Feb 06, 2012 Tessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dans ce dernier tome de la série des Cathy’s (Book & Key), la guerre au sein des immortels bat son plein. Un livre qui ne reprend jamais son souffle et dont l’héroïne n’a même plus le temps de dormir.
Après un premier tome détonant et un second qui avait perdu un peu de son souffle, ce troisième tome reprend les choses en main en regroupant tous les intervenants pour un dénouement très attendu.
Bien que les indices, qui étaient ce qui m’avais attiré au début, ont complètement disparu (seuls un
Stephanie
Sep 13, 2009 Stephanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
The latest installment of this series is definitely the best one yet. I personally liked it a lot more than the other two because it had a ton of action and suspense throughout the entire novel.

The characters were better written. They provoked more emotions from me - sympathy, excitement, etc. For the other two, I felt like an outsider looking in to the story. However, for Cathy's Ring, I actually felt as if I was in the plot facing the things that Cathy faced.

Jun is probably the one character t
Sandra
Apr 08, 2010 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Wiedereinmal verschlungen in 0,nix wie die vorherigen Bände. Allerdings muss ich sagen, dass ich, nachdem "Cathys Key" schon besser gewesen war als "Cathys Book", gehofft hatte, dass bei "Cathys Ring" noch eine Steigerung drin ist, war aber leider nicht so.
Auch von der Aufmachung hat das Buch im Vergleich zu den Vorgängern nachgelassen. Der Tagebuchcharakter war allein schon vom Schreibstil her so gut wie überhaupt nicht mehr erkennbar. Auch die Beweise, die die Serie gerade so einzigartig gema
Soo
Jan 30, 2012 Soo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Graphic Novel, Urban Myths
Cathy the Insomniac is puddling around the house late at night when she hears faint noises coming from outside. After hiding out in the bathtub like a horror movie reject, she scouts the exterior and finds three dead bodies propped up like broken puppets beneath her window.

Cathy, her loyal friends, their family and Jewel have become extraordinarily popular by being added to a hit list. Cathy's plan is to run away but that plan was zilched before it even began. The gang gets together to make a p
Noëlle
Gosh I enjoyed this series so much again! I remember from around 6 years ago that I loved this series so much, even though it was a bit to difficult for me at that time. Now I'm a bit older I found some parts of the book written a tad childishly, but the plotline totally made that up. So glad I picked up this series again! (It was even worth the heavier backpack, since I normally read on an e-reader haha)
Hol
Apr 11, 2014 Hol rated it it was amazing
AMAZING END TO THE TRILOGY. I got the ending that I wanted and I'm so happy with this book. I loved the characters, the artwork, the plot. Victor is probably my favourite character.

The book definitely deals with the theme of immortality a lot better than most teen books such as Twilight.

The Cathy Vickers series is definitely worth the read!
Rebecca
I really liked Cathy’s Ring, although there were some parts that I found to be a bit weird. I soon got over that.

I really enjoyed the story line. It is a very unique one and it’s quite interesting. There were a couple of surprises in this book which I really liked.

This is yet another interactive book but I felt that it wasn’t as interactive as the previous two books which isn’t so bad because you can enjoy the book just fine without the interactive stuff.The characters were all pretty cool. I re
Kathy (Bermudaonion)
18 year old Cathy is running from trouble. It seems that Ancestor Lu (an immortal) wants her boyfriend Victor (another immortal) to find a way to make mortals immortal. He threatens to kill Cathy if Victor doesn’t comply. Rather than endangering her friends and her boyfriend, Cathy runs. Her friends catch up with her and stand by her. They find Ancestor Lu and confront him. I won’t tell you anymore because I don’t want to give away too much of the story.

I found the plot of Cathy’s Ring by Sean S
Krista
Feb 24, 2015 Krista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, 2015, library
I felt like this one was... I don't know less than the first two. but I also think I like it the best? hahaha confusing but whatever. I always liked conclusions where everyone is happy and everything is settled and all questions answered. Honestly I don't have much to say, the reviews for the first two books pretty much sums it up.
3/5
Krystyn
Jul 22, 2009 Krystyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
This book is a fun continuation of the others in the series. What's nice is that some old-skool Stewart comes out to play in a few really nice turns of phrase and full paragraphs of description.

I was actually somewhat disappointed and shocked that the evidence packet only contained two pieces. Now, granted, one piece is really very sweet, and the other has some ... neat features to it (I'll leave it at that), but I was really looking forward to finishing the story and then combing through all th
Stephanie
Jun 01, 2016 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Cathy's Ring is het 3e deel van de trilogie over Cathy haar leven. Net zoals deel 1 & 2 lees je weer Cathy haar dagboek, inclusief tekeningen en extra notities. Dit deel bevat niet echt "bewijsmateriaal" zoals de vorige delen, er zit wel een poster en een ring bij.

Net zoals bij de vorige delen was ik ook nu weer enorme fan van de tekeningen in het boek. Ik vond het ook terug een geestig boek en tof om te lezen. Echter stonden in dit deel wel een paar storende fouten in het boek. Zoals een pa
Sara
Jul 21, 2009 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Francesca Baldini
Bellissimo come l'altro
アレツクス コツト
I love the poster it came with. I have it on my wall still to this day :}. The romance and fantasy in this story kept me hooked on reading this for days. And the best part was the art that gave very good visuals in my head, as i continued to read it i felt like i was watching a movie every time i closed my eyes. It was really chill and mesmerizing. I deff recommend this to anyone. Especially this edition of the book. I love art and this is a must have.
Elise
Apr 26, 2015 Elise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally! I have finished this series! I started Cathy's Ring in High School [Grade 11] and have not completed it until now [21 years old]! I must say I really did like the ending of the series. It was all brought together nicely I think. If you enjoy reading about immortals and Asians this book is for you. Not a horrible book, it has funny moments, gripping scenes, and some romance. Worth the read if you enjoy that stuff.
Olivia J
May 25, 2011 Olivia J rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: out-of-the-ordinary book readers!!
FANTASTIC!!

This book was just that, fantastic. I LOVED it SO much. Cathy’s wit and personality still was just the same (which I find doesn’t happen that often). Sometimes in series, the authors slowly change their characters – this absolutely wasn’t the case! Cathy by far is easily one of my favourite fictional characters – here stories aren’t seen in other books, she is original. This book – This series is a must-read.
GateGypsy
Having read the other two books in this series, I knew I had to read this one, too. I was kindof sad at the lack of cool "evidence" with this book, but the poster was quite nice.
I can't say I was terribly surprised by the end, but I was glad to get there, anyway. There were a lot of ends left loose, but I expect it's ok to leave a young girl's story unfinished -- she still has so much more ahead of her.
Yuko86
I finished this book two days ago: it's not too good, I suggest it to the very young adults. It's the epilogue of Cathy's adventures but I found it boring. The previous two volumes were intriguing but this one is really simple and the characters seems stupid puppets! The only good thing is when Victor sacrifices himself for Cathy and their relationship. Well, finally, I don't suggest it.
  • The Plague
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 5 (Children of the Sea, #5)
  • Geek Chic: The Zoey Zone
  • One Butt Cheek at a Time (Gert Garibaldi's Rants and Raves, #1)
  • Screwing Up Time
  • American Princess
  • Earth & Sky
  • Pied Piper (Charmed, #27)
  • Thicker Than Water
  • Skin Deep (Body of Evidence, #6)
  • Je savais que je te rencontrerais (La Rose écarlate #1)
  • Likely Story (Likely Story, #1)
  • Paisley Hanover Acts Out
  • The Jumbee
  • Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, #2)
  • Survival of the Fittest (Charmed, #26)
  • Snap
  • Purpurmond

Sean Stewart (born June 2, 1965) is a U.S.-Canadian science fiction and fantasy author.

Born in Lubbock, Texas, Sean Stewart moved to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in 1968. After stints in Houston, Texas, Vancouver, British Columbia, Irvine, California and Monterey, California,
More about Sean Stewart...

Cathy Vickers Trilogy (3 books)
  • Cathy's Book (Cathy Vickers Trilogy, #1)
  • Cathy's Key (Cathy Vickers Trilogy, #2)