Start by marking “Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many (Seven Exes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many (Seven Exes, #1)

Read eBook

Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many (Seven Exes #1)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,219 Ratings  ·  175 Reviews
The fiercely private Madeleine-Cora Spencer is the last person who should be on a reality TV show, but when she's shunned by a friend's new wife because "you can't trust desperate single women" her pain and humiliation drive her straight to the "Find Your Prince" dating show's web site.

Armed with date-appropriate clothes and a detailed game plan she arrives to meet her pot
Published June 19th 2010 by Heather Wardell (first published May 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many

Wicked Games by Jessica ClarePlaying Games by Jessica ClareSeven Exes Are Eight Too Many by Heather WardellReality Re-Do by Ally HayesWelcome to Paradise by Rosalind  James
Real Love: Reality TV Romance Novels
3rd out of 124 books — 69 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Selection by Kiera CassCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Elite by Kiera CassWicked Games by Jessica Clare
Reality Show-Themed Novels
8th out of 146 books — 146 voters

More lists with this book...

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
fun ,fast and fantastic that's exactly what this book is to me ;)

3.5 stars !
honestly speaking right now im a bit confused on how i feel about the bok,rating wise but seriously had lads of fun picking this....and of course falling in lve with the secondary lead 'Aaron ' instead of 'Kent' ;) this book was chic-lite through & through,and i think that was exactly what i needed last night to chill...

i liked the pent up relationship between our two leads MC and Kent,their story seemed unfinish
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Oct 31, 2012 Kellie Maddox-Ward rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-freebies
“Game on.
How was that fair, when we didn’t know the rules? They could change at any time and I probably wouldn’t even realise Id made a mistake until it was over. Well, look at that. This would be like dating after all.

What a freaking fun read this was. Picked it up on Amazon for free. Totally would of paid for it.
I’m a massive fan of reality TV I think that’s why I liked it so much. most reality TV like Geordie shore, my big fat gypsy wedding, big brother, bachelor, not those stupid cooking
Ann
Jul 23, 2013 Ann rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful Reality! Loved this book! Have been trying to find the best category fit for the 5 Heather Wardell books I’ve read thus far and “Suspenseful Reality” seems to fit the best. I initially shelved them as chick lit, but not so. Each book has me anxious or at times on the edge of my seat (Life, Love and a Polar Bear Tattoo) to find out if the heroine is going to find her HEA or not, and always down to the last few pages.

Seven Exes are Eight too Many has been my favorite book so far. The r
Anna
Sep 01, 2010 Anna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
Shelves: first-reads
Sometimes starting to read a book and after one chapter you already know it is yak. Some books get the benefit of the doubt.
However there are books after reading a few pages you are sure, this is going to be a splendid reading.

Seven exes is such a book, just started it, but already love it.

And now that I have finished it I only can say WOW, fantastic what a splendid book. A book to keep and read it again.
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
As my BFF says…… OH.EM.GEE!

That was effin brilliant! I can't stop smiling!

Review to come......

Whatever you do please add this book immediately to your to read pile and ensure you read this cutesy gem in the near future!

For all you reality junkie fans this book will have you salivating for more!!

I literally could not put this book down. I needed to know more and waned to know more. And in the end I was left absolutely happy and grinning like a fool.

Photobucket

Ya know when you're that giddy happy and ma
Misty Baker
Jan 06, 2012 Misty Baker rated it it was amazing
I am not a fan of reality TV. I’d rather keep out the Kardashian’s than keep up with them, and just the thought of shows like Jersey Shore make me question society’s mental stability. There’s no denying that they have taken over main stream media, (hell… I can’t even go 10 minutes without seeing a tweet about Snookie) but what happens when it trickles over into literature?

Madeleine-Cora is a private person… or at least she was until one night she tried extreme drinking and as a result signed up
Sweets Books
Oct 10, 2014 Sweets Books rated it it was amazing
I give this 5+++ Cupcakes

I absolutely <3'd this book! It was so funny and had just the right amount of drama and a load of other emotions. Even had me tearing up throughout the book in certain spots! I was guessing all the way to the end who MC was going to end up with in the end, if anyone at that!

MC, I freaking loved her! I could so see myself being best friends with her, she had just the right amount of bitchness, shyness,etc...! How she survived being with 8 of her ex-boyfriends is beyond
Danielle
Jul 17, 2015 Danielle rated it liked it
This book was definitely unique that I will say. I mean who would want to be on an island for 21 days with 8 exs. Not me that's for sure.

So MC gets drunk one night and fills out the form to find your prince which is a reality tv show like survivor. She shows up and the the rules have changed on her. It's not 7 new guys but her exs. They have a chance to win a million dollars and they do stupid challenges to win.

The first part of the book started cute and a little funny. I had a issues with reme
Nenette
Jan 26, 2013 Nenette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't like reality TV. The few that I've seen doesn't have much appeal for me. Maybe because I feel it's a violation of privacy, albeit with consent.

This book is reality TV in written format. Not sure if it's just me, but there were several times that I had to go back to read again for better understanding. There were a lot of characters, it was a bit confusing for me. It helped that the story was simple.

Anyway, I believe it is best to leave on TV those that belong there.
Tori Williams
Oct 11, 2015 Tori Williams rated it really liked it
Game on!

The Bachelor meets Survivor in this nightmare inducing (the circumstances, not the writing) Sunday afternoon read about a girl who is tragically duped when she signs up for a dating show. I am an unashamed member of #bachelornation. So when I came across this little gem, I knew I would either love it or hate it. Thankfully as you can surmise by my rating, I was not disappointed.

Madeleine-Cora (MC) Spencer signs up to meet her new Prince on a dating show. Seems easy enough, right? So ver
C.L. Richards
Jan 21, 2015 C.L. Richards rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When i was asked to read and review this book for the author, the synopsis had me intrigued and my god it didn't disappoint.

MC applies for an reality dating show or so she thinks, she has a suprise of her life when she see's not one but eight of her ex boyfriends also on the show but the twist gets better. How can she possibly find her prince charming, when she has already dated all of them.

This book is a light heart warming read, it will keep you interested until the end. I loved learning all t
Jennifer Gallagher
Jan 26, 2014 Jennifer Gallagher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-comedy
This is the first time I have read a book by Heather Wardell.. Will not be the last... Her latest novel.. Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many.. is a an awesome romantic comedy...It had me laughing out loud and I cried a few times...Loved all the Characters.. but at times wanted to smack MC she was so difficult to relate to.. I do not watch reality TV so this was a leap in the dark for me... so happy I took the leap.. Will not give the story away detest spoilers.. If you love a good romantic comedy thi ...more
Sarai
Feb 11, 2011 Sarai rated it really liked it
THOUGHTS/OPINION:

Wow I was once again impressed with this book. It wasn't nearly as emotional as the first one I read by Heather but it was just as engaging. I loved the premises of the book and the question of what if you were trapped with 7 of your exes and everything you did or said was filmed. How would you feel? And what if one of the exes was the one that got away due to a stupid mistake? I thought Heather did a nice job juggling 9 plus personalities where you had enough to judge them and
Kimmarie
Jun 10, 2016 Kimmarie rated it really liked it
absolutely loved this story. MC felt real to me. and I loved the secondary characters - they all added to the story. except maybe Jim... although I almost didn't write that cause I didn't want to hurt his feelings??? lol.

this is a girls nightmare reality show. and it's LOL hilarious
Julie Boon
Jul 19, 2015 Julie Boon rated it liked it
I felt this book was a cross between Blind Date and I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!!

I did find that I got a bit confused with the amount of characters in the book although the author described all of the characters brilliantly.

I felt that the story was aimed at a younger audience than me!, but on the plus side, there were some very funny situations during the trials that they had to do before the winner was announced and you found out who MC ended up with!
Richelle Zirkle
Sep 28, 2015 Richelle Zirkle rated it it was amazing
If Survivor, Big Brother, Bachelor, Bachelorette, and Bachelor in Paradise were to have a love child... This book would be the creation!

While I never have imagined being stranded on an island and made to compete Survivor or Big Brother style with my exes, it makes for a compelling story. Our heroine, MC, hates exposure and yet through a series of circumstances has been drawn to reality tv... But not the show she thought she was signing up for! It is interesting seeing MC plan for, pack for and s
Aimee
Sep 11, 2015 Aimee rated it really liked it
I'm going to tell you, I'm a sucker for reality shows so when this book opened to a reality show I was hooked! Madeleine is not cut out for dating it seems so she decides to sign up for a reality show to find her one true love. Kind of like 'The Bachelorette-ish'.

She is surprised the day she shows up for her first taping day to meet up with her 7 past exes and to find out the show is not exactly as she expected. Not only does she have to live on an island with 7 men who she dumped for various re
Ema Threse
Jul 03, 2015 Ema Threse rated it it was ok
While this was a cute, easy read, this felt very artificial and formulated at points. Though I enjoy the occasional reality romance show, this had me rolling my eyes quite often.

The premise of the reality show is that MC and seven of her ex-boyfriends are competing against an eighth ex, Kent, and seven of his ex-girlfriends for one million dollars that will be awarded in an unknown fashion. How the producers lured these people away from their careers and lives for 21 days seems illegal and manip
Elusive
Dec 22, 2014 Elusive rated it did not like it
Shelves: review
‘Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many’ is about Madeleine-Cora (MC) Spencer who ends up on a reality TV show with seven of her exes. She and the opposing team led by her ex, Kent together with his exes have to compete to win a million dollars.

Although the plot was interesting and had several opportunities to be funny or thought-provoking or downright competitive, it was a waste. Where do I begin? First of all, there were way too many characters and none of them were properly fleshed out. MC herself is
JG
This was extremely funny and poignant at the same time, with a cast of characters that rival even the most entertaining episode of those current reality TV shows. Here we meet MC or Madeline Cora who thinks she signed up for the reality TV show The Princess (yes its The Bachelorette) but ends up having seven of her exes turning up as her would be suitors (NOT) it turns out this little gig had a twist. She and her exes are competing with the cast of the other reality TV show The Prince (yes its a ...more
Heather Thurmeier
Jan 15, 2012 Heather Thurmeier rated it really liked it
MC gets sent to an island with her exes as part of a reality tv show and I got totally hooked on this book! I love reality tv and I loved this book. The reality show was familiar and yet had a bunch of twists along the way. A couple of times I wanted to yell at MC for being so dense and not seeing what was so obviously in front of her, but that just fuel me to turn the pages. Overall it was a really fun, exciting and satisfying story! I'll definitely be reading more by this author!!
Leah
Mar 18, 2015 Leah rated it really liked it
When author Heather Wardell emailed me and asked me if I would like to review her novel Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many, I took myself off to her website to check out more on the book and take a peek at the preview and I was intrigued. I absolutely LOVE books set in the reality world. I think there aren’t enough books set in the reality world (and any recommendations are WELCOME!!!!). I’m still waiting for a fictionalised Big Brother novel, which has not yet appeared despite the fact the show has ...more
J.H. Moncrieff
Apr 29, 2015 J.H. Moncrieff rated it it was amazing
It's been a long time since I've had so much fun. While I'm not a reality-TV fan, it was interesting to read about what it would be like to be on one of those Survivor-type shows--and with all of your exes! It's a great premise, and I think someone should pay the author for the rights and make the actual show. Can you imagine the drama and tension?

MC was a believable, flawed-yet-likeable character who learns a lot about herself through the experience, and I loved all the different personalities
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
This book is hilarious! It’s Survivor meets The Bachelorette and is more amusing than you’d think possible. It also has some serious, and valid, points about looking at your past choices and evaluating them and yourself, but that’s nicely buried under the entertainment.

One the best things about this book, beside the continual LOL moments, are the characters. There are quite a few of them, but they are all nicely developed. I never mixed up any of the exes, and MC herself is quite the bundle. Eve
Amanda ChocolatePages
Feb 08, 2015 Amanda ChocolatePages rated it it was amazing
This synopsis caught my attention straight away, it sounds just like a reality tv show that I would love to watch, but even better because its a book. So, I can read the authors imagination and use my own imagination too!

Imagine being sent to an island with all your ex partners! It would be embarrassing enough to meet them altogether in any social situation, but to have to live with them, on an island, with no proper washing facilities…… and being on camera 24 hours a day!!! I felt so sorry for
Dee
Mar 01, 2014 Dee rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It was a nice little break from what I normally read (murder mysteries, etc.) Sure the story is a little light, but it was a satisfying romantic (sorta) comedy read.

Put yourself in MC's stilettos. She is frustrated with the dating scene (or lack thereof) and in a giddy (alcohol induced) moment she signs up for a "Meet Your Prince" reality show. But things aren't quite what she expected when the curtain pulls back and seven of her ex-boyfriends are there. No, she's not to pic
Heather
Jul 10, 2010 Heather marked it as to-read
Love the title! Love the premise! Looking forward to reading it!
Misty Pascoe (Red's Romance Review's)
This was my first book by this author, and I have to say that it made a decent first impression. It was a suspenseful, and engaging read, and did a good job at holding onto my interest the whole way through. The plot was very creative and unlike anything else that I have read, and contained an interesting take on reality tv. The story line was very well written and easy to connect to, I got so wrapped up in it that I read it all in one sitting.

Highly recommend you add this story to your reading
Debbie
Jul 10, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Considering the title, I thought I was downloading a comedy. Not so, although the story has it's amusing moments. Certainly the tongue-in-cheek view of reality TV was funny enough. I particularly enjoyed that, as I dislike reality TV shows - I consider them only slightly more "real" than wrestling shows. If that was all TV had to offer, I'd sell the television.

The author's concept of hapless contestants hijacked by the network into a show they knew nothing about is certainly original. The main c
Kelli
Dec 11, 2010 Kelli rated it really liked it
I've now read all of Heather Wardell's books: Planning to Live, Go Small or Go Home, and Life, Love and a Polar Bear Tatoo. Each of her books has been great in its own way. Seven Exes are Eight Too Many is about a woman looking for love who signs up for a reality show. She has dated twelve guys in sixteen years but still has feelings for one of the twelve.

MC (Madeline-Cora) thinks that she's going to be on a dating show to find new love, but instead ends up stranded on an island with seven of h
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
  • No More Lies
  • Lucky at Love: Some Guys Just Never Give Up...
  • Sleeping with Paris (A Paris Romance Book 1)
  • The Merry-Go-Round
  • Heart Throb
  • The Do-Over
  • Celebrity Chekhov: Stories by Anton Chekhov
  • The Beautiful Truth
I am a natural 1200 wpm speed reader and the author of eighteen self-published novels including the free ebook "Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tattoo" which has had over 385,000 downloads.

In my spare time, I read, run, swim, crochet, take care of my aquarium and my cat Trinity, and play drums and clarinet. Generally not all at once.

I only record books here if I absolutely love them and hugely recomm
More about Heather Wardell...

Seven Exes (3 books)
  • Bad Will Hunting (Seven Exes, #2)
  • Fifteen Minutes of Summer (Seven Exes, #3)