Start by marking “Jake Drake Know-It-All” as Want to Read:
Jake Drake Know-It-All

Jake Drake Know-It-All (Jake Drake #1)

Jake Drake is excited about Despres Elementary School's first science fair. He wants to win the grand prize: a brand-new Hyper-Cross-Functional Bluntium Twelve Computer System. And he "really" wants to beat the third grade know-it-alls, Marsha McCall and Kevin Young.The trouble is, to beat the know-it-alls, Jake has to become a know-it-all himself. And he may just lose mor ...more
Published July 1st 2001 by Aladdin Paperbacks (first published April 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Jake Drake Know-It-All, please sign up.

Kay Jake, Kevin Young, Marsha McCall, Pete Morris, and Willie (Phil Willis).
I would say that's about all.

Diane
Mar 14, 2017 Diane rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-readers
Jake doesn't care for Kevin Young and Marsha McCall's know-it-all attitude. But when the Science Fair prize is announced (a computer), he decides he must take on that attitude to win. He won't even work with best friend, Willie, because how would you split the prize? So, he works diligently on his own but it becomes a chore. So he hooks up with Willie and together they not only win 2nd place, but also have a fun time learning.
Jnase1
Apr 17, 2013 Jnase1 rated it really liked it
Another great Jake Drake book! This one is about Jake's experience with the science fair in third grade. Jake is super excited to participate in his school's first science fair because the winner gets a brand new, state of the art computer system! If it's one thing Jake loves, it's computers. So Jake begins working on his science project right away. He knows it has to be good if he wants to beat the know-it alls in his class, Marsha and Kevin. So he keeps his project a secret. He works really ha ...more
Takuma Kusagawa
Jan 17, 2015 Takuma Kusagawa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1.ALADDIN

2.1/13=45min, 1/17=60min

3.know-it-all,science fair,prize,computer,school,stuff

4."Me and Willie are like that. We're good partners. We laugh at the same kinds of stuff, and when he needs help or I need help, we stick together. Like magnets."
From this sentence, I thought they had good friendship, and "Like magnets." means they worked togehter.

5.Jake is a main character in this book. One day, school's science fair was held and the grand prize was a computer. Jake wanted to get the computer
Elizabeth Harrison
Feb 07, 2017 Elizabeth Harrison rated it really liked it
Perfect lit circle book for our current unit on electricity and magnetism!
Yuka Sugiura
secret
project
magnet
partner

4. Jake joined science fair and studied about magnets. He devoted almost time to think about his project because he really wanted grand prize, a brand new Hyper-Criss- Functional Bluntium Twelve computer system!
In his class, he had some rival who was know-it-all. He tried to win and get new computer!

5. At first, he was only thinking about computer and his enemies but he was changed while he studied about his
Cinnamon
Jake Drake is a smart enough kid. He just doesn't think that he should spend all his time advertising it. Not like those Know-It-Alls in the class, the ones who always raise their hand for every question and have to have to the top scores on everything. Those kids are so annoying.
But when the school announces that a science fair will be held and the top prize is a new computer, Jake wonders if maybe this time being a know-it-all won't be such a bad thing.

A good read-aloud or hi/lo reader for boy
Alison Levie
Oct 28, 2012 Alison Levie rated it really liked it
Good third-grade level book about a competitive science fair. The writing is engaging, and I found the main character both likable and entertaining. Issues covered: competition and friendship. Good insight into the joy of learning because science is interesting. Both the content and reading level are appropriate for basic 3rd grade, but the story is entertaining enough that it would satisfy better readers.
Lindor Joelle
Oct 09, 2013 Lindor Joelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-the-kiddies
My 3rd grader and I still have have "mommy and me" reading time together and it's one of my favorite times of the day. We both thoroughly enjoyed this story. There were moments of laughter, suspence and, of course, the required "moral" or two hidding within the pages. I've already promised to pick up the next book "Teacher's Pet" and mommy may be more excited than the 8 year old!

Highly recommended
Hideyuki Takahashi
5/9 20min 5/10 20min 5/11 20min

school - smart - prize - computer - hunter - science - secret

When you were elementary school student, what did you do?
I often practiced piano and swimming.

I did not like this book because it is not interesting. However, I remembered my elementary school days.
Keiko Kawashima
Dec 17, 2014 Keiko Kawashima rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. ALADDIN
2. 12/13= 50 minutes, 12/14= 60 minutes
3. computer, science fair, know-it-all, best friend, drop out, partner
4a. "two heads are better than one"
4b. Their friendship is really good. There is same meaning of this proverb in Japanese; sannin yoreba monju no chie.
5. This book is easy to read but I prefer "Jake Drake class clown" that we read in classes.
Sboysen
Cassie
Jun 21, 2011 Cassie rated it really liked it
I read this book in two days. I thought it was pretty good but, it was king of easy for me. It was not the best book I have ever read from Andrew Clements, but, it was still pretty good. I think people from ages 8-12 should read it if they like Andrew Clements.
Trent
May 27, 2016 Trent added it
I would recommend this book. It is interesting how he change his mind to have a partner. also how he did not want to quit because the other projects were better. It is fun to see how he just tried his best.
Sophie Muller
Sep 23, 2013 Sophie Muller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Another great book portraying Jake at school! Beautiful storyline about winning, friendship and having fun! I highly recommend it!
Doris
Jan 07, 2014 Doris rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Great basic chapter book perfect for my 7 and 8 year old.
Dan
Mar 08, 2012 Dan rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade, humor
A story about friendship, competition, and not letting others' actions or words change you for the worse.
Kristina
Feb 17, 2008 Kristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 3rd grade and higher
I love Andrew Clements books already and this is a good one for beginning chapter book readers. He has a great way of making a point.
Kristin
Jul 03, 2008 Kristin rated it liked it
Cute story to read to your kids. Fast easy read, about thirty minutes. Great message about being a good friend.
Maryanne
Jul 31, 2009 Maryanne rated it liked it
I'm reading this series in my quest for books appropriate for 2nd graders. This definitely fits the bill. I liked the themes of cooperation, competition, and friendship.
Stacey Mulholland
Nov 29, 2016 Stacey Mulholland rated it really liked it
I am going to read this with my 3rd graders to fit with our science unit on electromagnets.
Ben
May 16, 2009 Ben rated it liked it
I didn't lern anything
Brooklyn White
Aug 29, 2016 Brooklyn White added it
Recommends it for: people who like andrew Clements
Recommended to Brooklyn by: My Mom
This book was a really great book. people who have read my thoughts on Jake Drake - Bully Buster, they are the same on this book as well
Ruth
Oct 03, 2010 Ruth rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Another great Jake Drake Book - this time about a science fair project.
Cindy
Aug 22, 2015 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Great class read
Gina
Jun 07, 2013 Gina rated it liked it
This would make a cute read aloud to 3rd or 4th graders. It would an easy way to introduce the scientific method.
Lori
Aug 11, 2008 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books-on-cd
Although a bit advanced for my 5 year old. He loved it and was as interested in the battery science experiment story line as the friendships.
Hillvan
Oct 14, 2016 Hillvan added it
Shelves: j-2016-7-fall
570L
Ulrike
Ulrike rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Colby
Colby rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2009
  • The Gawgon and the Boy
  • The Silver Spoon of Solomon Snow
  • Brand New School, Brave New Ruby
  • Born to Fly
  • Marvin Redpost: Why Pick on Me?
  • A Mouse Called Wolf
  • Aliens for Breakfast
  • The Waffler
  • Detective Pony (Pony Pals, #17)
  • Peace, Locomotion
  • Bright Island
  • Attack of the Tagger (Shredderman, #2)
  • Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers
I was born in Camden, New Jersey in 1949 and lived in Oaklyn and Cherry Hill until the middle of sixth grade. Then we moved to Springfield, Illinois. My parents were avid readers and they gave that love of books and reading to me and to all my brothers and sisters. I didn’t think about being a writer at all back then, but I did love to read. I'm certain there's a link between reading good books an ...more
More about Andrew Clements...

Jake Drake (4 books)