Inside Hitlers Germany

Inside Hitlers Germany

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  3 reviews
There have been many histories of World War II and many analyses of the Third Reich, but few show what it was actually like to live under the Nazi regime. "Inside Hitler's Germany" attempts just that. Beginning with an examination of the early thirties, before the full horrors at the heart of the regime were evident, this extensively illustrated book looks at all aspects o...more
Published October 30th 2000 by Potomac Books (first published October 2000)

Katie Rose
Matthew Hughes put together a wide variety of information about World War 2 in this magnificent book. I can find almost any information I want, or at least gather an idea of where to go from there. While I believe he should have explained certain words more, or described some people better in general, I LOVE how it has everything from rarely seen pictures of Hitler's father to direct quotes.
Hunter Bustamante
I don't usually enjoy books about war or history, but since this was European history and a required assignment for my Lit. class, I decided to read it. This, surprisingly, was a good book. I enjoyed the psychiatric look on the Nazi party's rise and fall. I would recommend this book to those reluctant to read about history, it might just change your mind about history books.
Push Nevahda
Hitler could've become one of the greatest revolutionaries of the 20th century had he not despised the Jews to such a genocidal degree. hatred ruined his legacy, and ultimately destroyed Germany. Im interested in Albert Speer's memoir, too.
Amanda Van meersbergen
Amanda Van meersbergen marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Balazs
Balazs marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Anastasia L
Anastasia L marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Ashleigh
Ashleigh marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Marcio Hack
Marcio Hack marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Wjf
Wjf marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Sassy Fokker
Sassy Fokker marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Eivind
Eivind marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Reed
Reed marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Oscar Seminario
Oscar Seminario marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Dr Matthew Hughes was Senior Lecturer in Military and International History and Director of the Centre for Conflict Studies at the University of Salford. His publications include Allenby and British Strategy in the Middle East, 1917-19 (London: Frank Cass 1999).
More about Matthew Hughes...
Palgrave Advances in Modern Military History T-34 Russian Battle Tank Does Peace Lead to War?: Peace Settlements and Conflict in the Modern Age Fighting Techniques of a Panzergrenadier: 1941-1945 Elite Units of the Third Reich: German Special Forces in World War II