Start by marking “Inside Hitlers Germany” as Want to Read:
Inside Hitlers Germany

Inside Hitlers Germany

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
With photographs and text, Hughes (modern world history, U. College, Northampton, England) and Mann (European history, U. of Surrey and U. College, London) reconstruct life in Germany not just during the war, but also in the early 1930s when Nazism brought economic benefits and genocide was just pol
Published September 1st 2000 by Potomac Books

To ask other readers questions about Inside Hitlers Germany, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside Hitlers Germany

Anysha
Apr 05, 2015 Anysha rated it really liked it
+: zajímavý a méně známý fotografický materiál, přehledné členění kapitol (Nacismus a ekonomika, Nacismus a ženy..), dobře popsaný kontext nástupu NSDAP k moci, důvody její popularity pro obyvatele a následný "rozkvět" Německa ve 30. letech (výstavba dálniční sítě, Kruppovy závody..)

- : je to spíš úvod do tématu, znalcům nepřinese nové informace
Kate Forsyth
Oct 20, 2015 Kate Forsyth rated it really liked it
A broad and accessible look at life in the Third Reich, with lots of pictures and breakout boxes. Useful and informative, with a good bibliography.
Katie Rose
Jan 03, 2012 Katie Rose rated it really liked it
Matthew Hughes put together a wide variety of information about World War 2 in this magnificent book. I can find almost any information I want, or at least gather an idea of where to go from there. While I believe he should have explained certain words more, or described some people better in general, I LOVE how it has everything from rarely seen pictures of Hitler's father to direct quotes.
Hunter Bustamante
May 30, 2010 Hunter Bustamante rated it liked it
I don't usually enjoy books about war or history, but since this was European history and a required assignment for my Lit. class, I decided to read it. This, surprisingly, was a good book. I enjoyed the psychiatric look on the Nazi party's rise and fall. I would recommend this book to those reluctant to read about history, it might just change your mind about history books.
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Peter Jowers
Peter Jowers marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Yoash
Yoash added it
Apr 07, 2016
Pieter-Jan Opgenhaffen
Pieter-Jan Opgenhaffen is currently reading it
Mar 31, 2016
Janpiercenv
Janpiercenv marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Micki
Micki added it
Mar 15, 2016
Nick Paul
Nick Paul rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Mary Yamaguchi
Mary Yamaguchi marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Lars
Lars rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Nirimba College
Nirimba College marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Lew
Lew marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Matthew Bolyn
Matthew Bolyn rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Terri Keel
Terri Keel marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
David
David rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Judith
Judith rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Smart
Smart marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Roshini
Roshini marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Dr Matthew Hughes was Senior Lecturer in Military and International History and Director of the Centre for Conflict Studies at the University of Salford. His publications include Allenby and British Strategy in the Middle East, 1917-19 (London: Frank Cass 1999).
More about Matthew Hughes...