Start by marking “Hotter Than Hell” as Want to Read:
Hotter Than Hell

Hotter Than Hell (Hell on Earth #3)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Daunuan was never the ambitious type. There's so much to love about his job just the way it is - mind-blowing sexual prowess, the power to seduce any human, excellent dental plan. But now Pan, the King of Lust, has offered to make Daun his right-hand incubus - a position other demons would give their left horn for. All he has to do is entice a soul destined for heaven into ...more
Published September 1st 2010 by Zebra (first published August 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Hotter Than Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hotter Than Hell

Pamela / SpazP
I wasn't sure about switching from Jezebel's POV to Daunuan's POV but I LOVED it. The series continues to be originally hot, funny, and surprisingly heart-warming!!
Sandy M
Well, this is one of those books I have no idea what in hell to do with. Pun probably intended there. Jackie Kessler is a good author, no doubt about that when it comes to her writing. What has me struggling is the hero of this book. I actually hated him almost from page one. The more I read in those first few chapters, I very nearly put the book down. I kept going, though. Only to be left with one heck of a dilemma.

See, I’m very simplistic when it comes to reading. I’m not a deep thinker when r
Angela  M
Duanuan loves being a demon of lust. Great benefits, all the sex he could ever want. He had no ambitions of moving up.
Then one day, Pan, the King of Lust, tells Duan that he wants Duan to be the new Prince of Lust. How could he refuse? Only catch is that he has to seduce and damn a good soul meant for Heaven. As icing on the cake the meatpie that Pan has picked is the spitting image of Jezebel, the sexy seductress that left hell, and Duan for Earth and love. UGH!
Duan thinks that the seduction w
Beth Cato
Disclaimer: As a blogger who reviews books, I was sent this free copy from the author, along with some book-related swag. My review is going to be detailed, but honest. However, I do think the author, Jackie Kessler, is pretty awesome for promoting her book like that.[return][return]Daunan the incubus is up for a big promotion to be Prince of Lust. All he has to do is seduce and damn a woman who is otherwise slated for heaven. Oh, and some other demons, for some reason, keep trying to kill him. ...more
Erin O'Riordan
This is a very good story, well told. The first book in the series, Hell's Belles, is still my favorite, and honestly, I wouldn't be too sad if it had been a stand-alone, because it ends so perfectly. But the story keeps going, and there's still one more part, Hell To Pay. I'm scared of what's going to happen in that one.

I liked Virginia as a character, and I liked the slow build of Daun's transition from purely emotionless demon to a truly empathetic being - even if his empathy is limited to o
It is sort of a shame that a third book in this series was ever written - while Hells Bells and Hotter Than Hell were at least amusing and ok beach reads (but will never be anything really memorable); this book finishes out the trilogy on truly a dull note.

The real problem is Daunuan as a secondary character to Jessie/Jezebel is great - he is sexy; he flashes between irritating and insightful; and he has a knack for showing up just when he is needed (or at least when the story does). But as a m
Have you ever picked up a book thinking it was one thing, then turned out to be something else entirely? Yeah. The problem here is that I've been hunting for the books of short stories that contain Kim Harrison's continuations of the Hollows series, and one of those story collections shares a title with this load of tripe. I grabbed it from my library (thank the GODS I didn't buy it), thinking it was going to be a fun Rachel Morgan story and what I got was bad demon smut. Not just demon smut, bu ...more
Stephanie Bolen
Decent but committed one of my seven deadly sins, Thou shall not have dumb characters. I thought it was just Jesse I didn't like, nope the writing is the real reason I can't stand the characters. Evil she can do, I like her evil but good or even evil pretending to be good is insipid, uninspired, and annoying. And her evil turn good characters are evil in the way a squeaky banging door is evil. The world is unique and that is the saving grace of this series.
This is technically urban fantasy because the guy doesn't get the girl at the end, but the entire story is about him trying to get the girl, so I'm calling it paranormal romance. And besides, he's a demon, so it's actually good that he doesn't get her.

This is Daunuan's story. (Don Juan, the infamous incubbus) He was a sometimes fun, sometimes annoying, and sometimes dangerous former "friend" of Jezabel in the first two books, but this one is entirely his. Oddly, it's better than the first two i
Jackie (Literary Escapism)
I’m really enjoying this series and now I can’t wait for book four to be released, but I know I have awhile to wait. Afterall, Hotter than Hell doesn’t hit the shelves until August, so the fourth book isn’t even being talked about yet. Either way, make sure you get your hands on this book. It is a true incubus and just sucks you into the story. The entire series is true to the form of an incubus. The more I think of this comparison, the more sense it makes. With each new addition, the series jus ...more
Not alot of progress and I don't see Virginia ending up with Daun, so not worth it
Lori Whitwam
Not your typical "paranormal romance" or "urban fantasy." Taking up the story of Daunuan, the incubus demon friend of Jezebel from Hell's Belles and The Road To Hell, what happens when hell's premiere incubus is told to seduce and claim an innocent for the pit? And what if he discovers that maybe he does have a heart after all? And what if someone in hell has also put a price on your head?

Just don't expect the traditional happily ever after. I'd say everyone is happy, or at least content, but it
Hotter Than Hell is the third book in the Hell on Earth series by Jackie Kessler. This is the story of Daunuan, an Incubus, who is one of the recurring and important characters in the first two books in the series...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of Hotter Than Hell in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.
Veronika Levine
This third book really tied up this series nicely. I'm so glad I met Jackie Kessler at a writer's convention and got talked into this series. The best part, her writing really blurs the line between paranormal and paranormal romance. She doesn't leave you with the squeaky clean romance kiss into the sunset, and I love her all the more fore it. This series is way more fun than Dante's Inferno. Worth the read, the series only gets better.
I began the series with this book that magically appeared on my reader. . .so yeah. I love Daun for a demon he's very human, it's amazing to watch him work his way through hell only to discover he's inlove. Amazing read really, if the world is going to hell in a bus and demons like daun and jessie are waiting for us I'm gonna drive faster!!!
I have not read the first two books in this series, as such I was a little disconnected with the main character and couldn’t quite understand some of the plot
As such this book is only getting two stars
I thoroughly enjoyed the writing style and found it enormously entertaining to read a romance from the male point of view
I find the story confusing but I guess I am to blame for not reading the first two books. If I had, I think I'd have enjoyed this because it was different, especially the ending. I can't explain it without spoiling it so you have to read it yourself to see what I mean. But read the first two books before reading this one.
I soooooooo want to give this book 5 stars! The ending was not your typical Happily Ever After and I think that is where the 4 stars come in. The ending came a complete surprise to me and although it was not thoroughly happy, it was not totally unhappy either.
Got this thru the library. Glad I did not buy it, but did like the read.
I actually liked the ending and I thought reading the "hero's" take on what to do regarding dating and getting the girl was unusual.
Not a great read, but not the worst!
I didn't think I'd like this book, given the change in narrator from the previous two books. However, as time went on, it grew on me.

Not quite the romp the previous two books were, but still enjoyable.
The ending just made the story for me. Great writing, as always, but not the trite ending it could have been in the hands of a far less talented writer. Can't wait to read where the story goes next
even though this one didn't give a true ending, it gave me hope that things would work out for him and jezzie. :) not that that was what i even thought i wanted.
Hotter that hell was both funny and exciting, but the ending was such a disappointment, that I lost interest for the whole book.
Marti Guthrie
Not as good as her first two... but pretty decent. The humor is lacking in this one.
John Galt
Liked the 1st two better. Coming from the male viewpoint didn't appeal to me as much.
Erotic Horizon
Hotter Than Hell by Jackie Kessler (2008)
  • Demon Moon (The Guardians, #2)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Phantasm (Zoe Martinique, #3)
  • Seduced by Darkness (Dark Realm, #2)
  • Bedeviled Angel (Works Like Magick, #2)
  • Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)
  • Scorched (The Dark Forgotten, #2)
  • A Tale of Two Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #3)
  • Hands of Flame (Negotiator Trilogy/Old Races Universe #3)
  • Demon Possessed (Megan Chase, #3)
  • Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2)
  • Battle of the Network Zombies (Amanda Feral, #3)
  • Death, The Vamp and His Brother
  • Death Unwept (Diary Of A Demon Hunter, #1)
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • Dangerous Pleasures (The Channel #4)
  • Hot as Hades
  • She's On Top (Awesome Foursome, #4)
Some kids want to grow up to be doctors, or movie stars, or political assassins. Me, I wanted to draw comic books. Not Archie comics, either—superhero comic books. Maybe it was all the heavily muscled guys in spandex…

Around the time I was 15, I realized that as much as I enjoyed drawing (note that I’m saying nothing about the quality of those pics), it was a lot of fun putting words in the charact
More about Jackie Kessler...

Hell on Earth (4 books)
  • Hell's Belles (Hell on Earth, #1)
  • The Road to Hell (Hell on Earth, #2)
  • Hell To Pay